"Peters"

CentralVaBills

Well, Peters lovers rejoice, he actually made an impact. I was at the game, and it looked like Peters made a heckuva catch. Nice. So, he does have some hands.

Also, I don't think he is as stupid as most people make him out to be. He was interviewed on some local TV after the game and seemed, relatively, like a pretty good speaker.

Lastly, the good and bad together......he's not nearly as fast as everyone makes him out to be. As a matter of fact, he's usually the last one down on kickoff coverage. HOWEVER.....on the kickoff after his touchdown catch, he absolutely OBLITERATED the poor Texan who got in his way. Here comes big #71 gliding down the field, and just plowed over some Texan in his way. He didn't come anywhere near the tackle, however, the play wasn't quite in his lane. He is pretty good at busting up wedges should one happen to form in his path. Also, he looks so damn intimidating out there on the kickoff team.

He's also not an unblockable demon on special teams punts and stuff, but the guy really does things well for a big guy.

While I don't understand how he isn't good enough to play TE on a team with bad TE's.....I will say this......our TE's were open and getting separation all day, which is promising. Peters, I think could add to that TE combo, but I guess he's gonna be a lineman. However, don't think now that Peters caught a pass that teams won't be watching him to catch another one.

Lastly, I don't know why Peters is being so looked at as a T, when I think he'd be a great D'Lineman. But, here's hoping that Peters the Myth continues to make strides toward a starting spot somewhere in the near future.

He does do some good things out there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So bottom line is that Bills fans tend to exaggerate. Point taken. :devil:

439259[/snapback]

lol, exactly.....but oh, I did learn that the big fella is fun to watch at certain times out there on the field.

That kickoff obliteration was awesome after his TD catch. Don't know if anyone can see that on TV or not, but if you taped the game, and can see it....it's worth another look or two or 12.

lol, exactly.....but oh, I did learn that the big fella is fun to watch at certain times out there on the field.

That kickoff obliteration was awesome after his TD catch.  Don't know if anyone can see that on TV or not, but if you taped the game, and can see it....it's worth another look or two or 12.

439267[/snapback]

CBS isolated on him during the coverage. Very funny sight seeing the Texan exit stage right.

That kickoff obliteration was awesome after his TD catch.  Don't know if anyone can see that on TV or not, but if you taped the game, and can see it....it's worth another look or two or 12.

439267[/snapback]

Sooooooo....

Are we still DOOMED?

Also, I don't think he is as stupid as most people make him out to be.  He was interviewed on some local TV after the game and seemed, relatively, like a pretty good speaker.

I think speaking intelligibly is more of a sign of intelligence than performance on standardized tests.

Lastly, the good and bad together......he's not nearly as fast as everyone makes him out to be.  As a matter of fact, he's usually the last one down on kickoff coverage.

Of course he's not a sprinter. He runs a 4.87 40-yard, which is slow for a ST'er, but fast for an OT.

I agree with a lot that has been said on here about Peters. Regardless of the exaggeration, everyone has to admit he's a HELL of a pick up considering he went undrafted.

Guys like this come around only so often. He's probably capable of playing a few different positions but they know he's something else so they want him to play an important position like LT because a) he's a beast and b) he's cheap. It is fun to think what he could do playing defense (an end or tackle) considering he loves running people over.

Teams will eventually look for him to occassionally take on the role as a TE (especially in goal line situations) and that actually may be of a great benefit to McGahee if they're aren't overloading the line. We'll see.

While I don't understand how he isn't good enough to play TE on a team with bad TE's.....I will say this......our TE's were open and getting separation all day, which is promising. 

439233[/snapback]

Good post, but I think I like our TEs a bit more than you do. We don't have a Tony Gonzales-type TE (not many do), but I think they are capable at worst, and pretty decent at best. Afterall, bad TEs really don't get separation all day, do they?

I think speaking intelligibly is more of a sign of intelligence than performance on standardized tests.

Of course he's not a sprinter.  He runs a 4.87 40-yard, which is slow for a ST'er, but fast for an OT.

439302[/snapback]

EXACTLY.......for a T. But no one wanted to say this objectively before. For a T yes, maybe he's fast. But for a Tackle, who the hell cares how fast he is.

Good post, but I think I like our TEs a bit more than you do.  We don't have a Tony Gonzales-type TE (not many do), but I think they are capable at worst, and pretty decent at best.  Afterall, bad TEs really don't get separation all day, do they?

439327[/snapback]

No, bad TE's don't get good separation all day. However, I would have to know if Houston just pretty much chose to basically ignore them all day. However, I will say.....and I still think we have the worst TE's in football......they were open ALOT on Sunday. My hats off to the TE's.