"Peters"

CentralVaBills

Nice article.  I see exactly EVERYTHING that the article claims.  Thus, my assertion that the guy should be made into a defensive lineman.  I said that from day 1.

BUT, we have him at OT wasting, IMO, his natural abilities.  I would love to see him next to Fat Sam OR in Kelsay's spot.

However, while the article is outstanding in pointing out that Peters is excellent in breaking up wedges.....which he is......although I can't imagine him taking out 4 guys......but nonetheless, sometimes that had no effect on the play Sunday against Houston.  If he is the last one down there, he's not breaking up any wedges.  I know, that on at least three occasions, he was the last guy down the field.  I'm pretty sure the first few guys down the field are hitting the wedges first.

I think Peters would be a MONSTER somewhere on the DL.  However, if we use him on the OL, I'm not sure his skills wouldn't be best used at guard where he could pull and lead out in space blowing up blockers.

I just don't get the OT thing.  But oh well.

439690[/snapback]

If McNally thinks that Peters can play left tackle, it makes complete, perfect sense to use him there.

Please look at NFL rosters and check out the LTs. A very large number of them are early picks. Almost all of them have very large salaries. This is because there are only a handful of humans that can play LT in the NFL. It takes size, strength and a ton of agility to protect the blindside of a qb from the monsters on defense who are out to get him. Peters seems to have these tools. What he needs is to learn the position and see f he can handle it.

As a UDFA, Peters will have a low salary. He would even be a prime candidate for an extension at a reasonable price. If he can develop into a good LT, his signing will rate among the best ever, because the Bills, at some point, will have to use a ton of resources to bring a top LT to Buffalo. You saw how much cash the 49ers gave Jennings, right?

Peters at LT would enable the Bills to dedicate draft picks and money to other positions and make them a powerhouse for several years if they stay healthy.

Yeah, put me down as one who wants him to develop into a Left Tackle. ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, I know that you were never impressed with Posey, but the guy did play a great game sunday, no?

439873[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought he was really good against his former team on Sunday. I even remember saying it out loud late in the 1st quarter on Sunday which is kinda wierd since I was by myself. ;)

Although my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that he also played really well in the opener against Jacksonville last year, before reverting back to the guy who curls into the fetal position at the POA. Sort of the "fool me once" principle.

Let's hope this year he keeps it up and makes an ass out of me.

Cya