Annual Post-Party review

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Looking for feedback on this year's event.

Some of my thoughts:

a) YOU GUYS ROCK!

b) @Danny's - I liked having the room, but felt it might've caused some people to miss us. Perhaps some signs might've helped there.

c) This was definitely the most organized of the 6. I don't know that the wrist bands added much, but the registration desk, PA/Announcements, and raffle all were great.

Many thanks to Hammer, who always goes above and beyond.

My thanks also to Jack and Cindy for their superb efforts. Thanks also to our lovely ticket girls - the best ever!!!

Huge thanks and congrats to Tyrone for coming up big for Hurricane Katrina relief with his $225 bid for the autographed Kelly Houston Gamblers jersey. Well done, my friend!

Finally thanks to EVERYONE for making the event better and better every year, and for making this place what it is.

364 days and counting to Tailgate 7! :angry:

Had a blast as usual....

I'm not sure about the whole collecting for water and such. I'd rather see the money for the gate help go to defray the cost of the tent, PA system, etc.

Thanks once again to everyone whose hard work made this possible. As one of the few who's made every one, they just keep getting better and better!

I'm not sure about the whole collecting for water and such. I'd rather see the money for the gate help go to defray the cost of the tent, PA system, etc.

437180[/snapback]

It does. The "gate" fee, as well as all $ from the raffles, 50/50, etc., covers all party expenses. After all those are paid whatever's left goes to the server fund as well as charitable causes.

a) You ROCK, too Jay! :)

b) I asked where the TBD party was at the door and they pointed to the room. A sign would not hurt, but all you had to do was ask someone. :angry: It was easy for me since I recognize so many. :)

c) The party room could have used a TV. It seemed that a lot of us eventually wandered from the party room to the bar to watch college ball. We DID have a great party out there too, so maybe it is best to leave things alone.

d) GREAT TAILGATE! Thanks to all those who organized everything. It felt like a family reunion. :doh:

Some of my thoughts:

a) YOU GUYS ROCK!

b) @Danny's - I liked having the room, but felt it might've caused some people to miss us.  Perhaps some signs might've helped there.

c) This was definitely the most organized of the 6.  I don't know that the wrist bands added much, but the registration desk, PA/Announcements, and raffle all were great.

My thanks also to Jack and Cindy for their superb efforts.  Thanks also to our lovely ticket girls - the best ever!!!

Huge thanks and congrats to Tyrone for coming up big for Hurricane Katrina relief with his $225 bid for the autographed Kelly Houston Gamblers jersey.  Well done, my friend!

Finally thanks to EVERYONE for making the event better and better every year, and for making this place what it is.

364 days and counting to Tailgate 7!  :)

436998[/snapback]

Some of my thoughts:

a) YOU GUYS ROCK!

b) @Danny's - I liked having the room, but felt it might've caused some people to miss us.  Perhaps some signs might've helped there.

c) This was definitely the most organized of the 6.  I don't know that the wrist bands added much, but the registration desk, PA/Announcements, and raffle all were great.

My thanks also to Jack and Cindy for their superb efforts.  Thanks also to our lovely ticket girls - the best ever!!!

Huge thanks and congrats to Tyrone for coming up big for Hurricane Katrina relief with his $225 bid for the autographed Kelly Houston Gamblers jersey.  Well done, my friend!

364 days and counting to Tailgate 7! 

Thanks Jay. Great Job Jay, Cindy, Jack.

Thank You to all who came and supported Hammer's Lot. It is truely a pleasure to host such a nice group of people. Concerning the raffle girls, all I can say is their mom must be smoking hot because they sure did not get their looks from Rockpile!

just got home at 4:30 today . had a very good time at dannys was very good had to ask about the room . tailgate party was a lot of fun .great to have meet a lot of you sorry if i missed anyone .look foward to next year . my wife helen says hi and thanks for a god time .

The tailgate gets a grade of A+ from me!

Was great to meet a lot of wallers on Sunday, lots of great people on this board!

Really enjoyed the auction for the Jim Kelly jersey with the money going towards Hurricane Katrina, that was a great idea.

Wings from Rich and CNJBBB were top notch!!!!! 0:)

OK HOW SHOULD I BEGIN THIS SINCE I JUST BACK TODAY AT 3PM......

Jay nothing needs to be changed the PA system was a def plus cause everyone heard the names from way in the back and everyone heard the names clearly...

Thank you to HAMMER, ROSEN, CINDY. JACK in Syracuse and his fiancee and anyone else I missed you takes time from their lives to organize this every year for us............

Great to see everyone there and it really does feel ike a family reunion being this is my and my families foruth year....

Hammer thank you again for the hospitality and tell buddy I'll C him again soon (Jets\Bills game)

Rich in Lancaster: Glad to see you again and tell your wife tahnk you for the invation to stay over your house... The baby is a a new line of futue 2 Bills dive tailgaters...

Aussie: Thank you for letting myself and Tyrone upstiars to hang in your suite and letting me use your fridge. Hope you back home safe..

CNJBB: I will come back down to the South for games soon...

And to those that I finally met for the 1st time it is indeed a pleasure......

AND I FINALLY GOT TO MEET STEVESTOJAN........ 0:):(:(

Guys Monday night is about to start and I have Donovan Mcnabb on my fantasy....

And watch RAW

HAMMER: .........................NOW THAZ KOOOLLL

Some of my thoughts:

a) YOU GUYS ROCK!

364 days and counting to Tailgate 7!  0:)

436998[/snapback]

Just cut-and-paste this, then add your name to the list of people to thank, and you've got my feedback. Thanks for saving me some typing. :(

Like Rock says, this isn't a tailgate - it's a family reunion. (Okay, maybe one wacky family, but still ...) Even though I make it to all the games, THIS is the one I look forward to all offseason. Thanks for a great weekend, everyone!

It was cool!

The Skins and beer were good! :D

The food was good.

Did I say the beer was good? :doh:

The PA System was a very nice addition this year.

The shirts are awesome! Thank you,Cindy!

Too bad there wasnt a TV in the Banquet room as I was trying to get caught up on the race,but no worries.

Sorry I got there so late,but thanks to Steve and Lisa for their hospitality! :)

Thanks to Rich and Lisa for letting me tag with them after Dannys. Another GREAT time! Sorry Rich. *HIDE*

Thanks to Harriet for everything! :doh:

Thanks to Jay and Rockpile for the tix. :doh:

Got to meet some newbies,too.

The tailgate was great...

Many thanks to Jay, Cindy, Hammer,,etc.....

Like BILLS$LIFE said, the portable microphone system was a great addition...

Kudos to Bill in Livonia and Pat for their sausages and hot dogs and their home made wine ....

Can't wait 'til next year...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to SDS too !!!!

Just cut-and-paste this, then add your name to the list of people to thank, and you've got my feedback. Thanks for saving me some typing. :)

Like Rock says, this isn't a tailgate - it's a family reunion. (Okay, maybe one wacky family, but still ...) Even though I make it to all the games, THIS is the one I look forward to all offseason. Thanks for a great weekend, everyone!

438388[/snapback]

We are definitly one big family that gets closer every year. It takes the right combination of personalites to make this big family work. Believe me it works great.

Gee I wonder who the wacky one is ;)

We are definitly one big family that gets closer every year. It takes the right combination of personalites to make this big family work. Believe me it works great.

439530[/snapback]

What makes you think there's only one?

Annual Post-Party review, How'd we do this year, gang?
It was a great day - thanks to all of you for making it so.

The only regret I have is that I didn't order one of those killer T-shirts. Don't suppose there are any left for sale..?

The only regret I have is that I didn't order one of those killer T-shirts.  Don't suppose there are any left for sale..?

439704[/snapback]

The lovely and talented #89 would be your only hope there.

They were awesome, weren't they - best yet IMHO.

It was a great day - thanks to all of you for making it so. 

The only regret I have is that I didn't order one of those killer T-shirts.  Don't suppose there are any left for sale..?

439704[/snapback]

I do not know if absolutely great #89 is his only hope.... I bought an extra Campy (XL) and if you happen to be going to game at Jimmy's with Northern Virginia Bills Backers I might be able to part with one.

Great tailgate, I could actually hear what people are saying. It seemed to me the Danny's dinner did not have as much umph as other years but I got there late being as I just flew in town at 7 PM. Thanks to all of the tailgate crew, it made the long trip from California worth while. I missed any of "surprises" that were usually held by Hammer. Need to especially thank Lancaster Steve for the ride and ribs and of course the T-man for the Jerk Chicken. I have been on a diet for months now and this was one day I could really let myself go and I have been thinking about the Jerk Chicken since April. And this was the first year I have been able to be at the tailgate since the beginning.

Oh and for the first time in four years I did not get sunstroke or sunburned; I'll have to lose my ticket next year as well (for those who did not know where I was, I was sitting above you because I did not remember what seat I was in but I was able to do a Bob Lamb and get some shade.

One final note - my voice is STILL shot from game. It appeared no one listened to Jimbo when he said to make some noise!

439530[/snapback]

Every family has at least one nutcase in it. :D:lol: you did just volunteer, :):D right?

and their home made wine ....

Home made wine? I missed the home made wine? Must have been because Theesir was keeping me filled with his Chardonney.

OK, that means I'll have to come back next season.....

Looking forward to it already. :angry:

I agree on the private room at Dannys. It seemed like a great idea, but didn't quite have that same "party" atmosphere as the year before in the bar.

Home made wine? I missed the home made wine? Must have been because Theesir was keeping me filled with his Chardonney.

OK, that means I'll have to come back next season.....

Looking forward to it already. :angry:

I agree on the private room at Dannys. It seemed like a great idea, but didn't quite have that same "party" atmosphere as the year before in the bar.

440160[/snapback]

Looking forward to it (yu coming to tailgate) already. :)

Some people who came later had some problems getting served - I do not think they are used to people in parties coming in at different times hence being in 'common" room works out better. We (aside from Lancaster Steve and his lovely, not-skinny wife Lisa) are not "box seat" type of people.

I hope that if there was a problem getting served that you would let me know. Danny would want to know.

I for one liked the room and went out on the bar about 5 times. The thing the room had going for it is that it got the majority of noise out of the bar.

Next year I think no table where I sat leave that open because the doorway was blocked most of the night. The table with the pitcher of water etc is gone too.

We will have signs on the doors.(I never thought of that and hope someone reminds me)

Thanks to all of the tailgate crew, it made the long trip from California worth while.  I missed any of "surprises" that were usually held by Hammer. 

You did not miss any of the surprises. Knowing it was a long hot day I limited the Don Julio, Buddy the Wonder Dog can not go across Abbott Road any more, the Wall-really no place to put it, Mardi grai red white blue beads, #89 had them for $$ so no sense, the torch how could I compete with NJCBB wings!!!!!

I did have something else planned that I promise I will do next year.

I just want to say that I had an awesome time 0:)! It was great to meet many of you. The buffalo wings were top notch as was pretty much everything.

Very organized I might add. When me and Clements were looking for you, there was the twobillsdrive sign.

The auction was great and for a worthy cause. And I enjoyed the raffles.

All in all, a great time. You guys are some hardcore fans!

Definitely keep the separate room. That gives people a choice of bar or party room, but bring in a TV for the college games.

We had people at our table order at three different times, and all got their food promptly, btw. I left our waitress a nice tip. :)

I kind of liked having to crawl over you to get into the room. :)

I hope that if there was a problem getting served that you would let me know.  Danny would want to know.

I for one liked the room and went out on the bar about 5 times.  The thing the room had going for it is that it got the majority of noise out of the bar.

Next year I think no table where I sat leave that open because the doorway was blocked most of the night. The table with the pitcher of water etc is gone too.

We will have signs on the doors.(I never thought of that and hope someone reminds me)

440533[/snapback]

It was definitely great to getting a chance to meet those that I may not have seen last year. Bill in L., Clements22, Campy, Stojan, etc.

Rich and Mark---The wings definitely were as good, even better, than I remembered.

We had a blast, my sister said the following:

"I had a great time. We should try to do that every year. It would be a cool tradition!"

On that note, she has mailed me the photos we took with the disposable camera. Not the best option, but if a certain tard would have remembered the batt-ries...

Definitely keep the separate room. That gives people a choice of bar or party room, but bring in a TV for the college games.

We had people at our table order at three different times, and all got their food promptly, btw. I left our waitress a nice tip.  :doh:

I kind of liked having to crawl over you to get into the room.  :blush:

441571[/snapback]

No. Thank YOU for letting me sit with yous. :)