Saints/Bills game Most likely in Buffalo

Thailog80

They should have the game in Buffalo, but, all the seats are available for sale.  Obvioiusly the season ticket holders would get first dibs on their seats, but everyone would have to pay for them.  All the proceeds go to help with the Hurricane relief. 

Or,  they should fly 76000 NO fans to Buffalo and let them go to the game for free.  We would surely show them a good time.

432729[/snapback]

Really hate to muck up such a lively discussion with actual facts but precedent policy (no doubt vetted by the PC-NFL) has already been set by the Giants. It is most likely that other teams would follow suit. Link

Giants set ticket policy for Saints game

NFL.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Sept. 6, 2005) -- New Orleans Saints season ticket holders will have first choice of seats for the team's game rescheduled for Giants Stadium on Sept. 19.

Saints season ticket holders and others who had already bought tickets for the game originally scheduled for the storm-damaged Louisiana Superdome on Sept. 18 will be able to buy tickets for the rescheduled game beginning Sept. 8, the Giants said.

Giants season ticket holders will be able to buy tickets beginning the same day, three hours later.

The general public will be able to buy any remaining tickets beginning Sept. 13.

The Giants have said they will send "a substantial amount" of the ticket proceeds from the game to disaster relief organizations.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or,  they should fly 76000 NO fans to Buffalo and let them go to the game for free.  We would surely show them a good time.

432729[/snapback]

Why, so the bastards could destroy OUR stadium too?

Besides - show me 70,000 Saints fans and I'll give you a million dollars.

I can only imagine the uproar here if the Saints second game was hosting New England instead of us, and the decision was made to play the game in Foxboro. Oh the humanity!

By the way, has anyone pointed out the distinct advantage we have playing NFC opponents in 3 of the first 4 games? Losses to NFC teams hurt much less come playoff time than losses to AFC teams, so this could potentially give JP a little buffer at the start of the season while he gets things going.

Saints season ticket holders and others who had already bought tickets for the game originally scheduled for the storm-damaged Louisiana Superdome on Sept. 18 will be able to buy tickets for the rescheduled game beginning Sept. 8, the Giants said.

Giants season ticket holders will be able to buy tickets beginning the same day, three hours later.

432786[/snapback]

Boy, that really gives the Saints fans a leg up, doesn't it?

Not that it will matter much, but still.

I have no problem at all paying my regular $25 a ticket for an extra home game. If all the money goes to the relief effort, I'd pay double. This game should sell out in 10 minutes provided most of the money goes to help those in NO.

I still think the Bills-Saints game will be held in San Antonio.

A radio report here in SA this afternoon (a SA Councilman talking) indicated that SA has absorbed over 250,000 refugees from LA. That, and the City of SA is ready to kiss serious a$$ to get some NFL games played here. They see it as an audition for a franchise moving here. (I happen to think they are dreaming about landing a franchise here.)

There is talk that they could have new suites built in the Alamodome within 3-4 months. Also, Tom Benson has car dealerships and a home (I believe) down here.

While it would be great to have the game in Buffalo, for the Bills, I really wish they wouldn't do that. It's extremely unfair to the other teams in the division (like the NFC East's Dallas, Philly, etc., because the Giants get an extra home game instead of an away game) or even if it were to happen to the Bills' AFC East foes. Find a neutral site at least.

432678[/snapback]

It's been unfair spending my entire life as a Bills fan. :D

Why, God? Why?

A radio report here in SA this afternoon (a SA Councilman talking) indicated that SA has absorbed over 250,000 refugees from LA.

432829[/snapback]

I think he may have meant that the state of Texas has absorbed that many. That, I would believe.

Then again, people aren't letting things like facts get in the way of a little hyperbole. For example, Sen. Stevens of Alaska was recently quoted as saying that the federal relief effort was fine so far because they had to cover "an area twice the size of Europe." :D

i feel like shooting somebody in the league office with a sawed off shotgun from close range. I live in No-Cal for 7 fuggin years and do the Bills make a trip to SF or OAK? NO! Then in the first two years I am gone they play in SF and twice in OAK!! $%#@ that! Then I buy tickets to watch them play the Saints cuz fugg it at least its close. Then this whore Katrina rolls up on New Orleans but at least the Saints look as if my new home in San Antonio will also be their home so damn thats just a quick trip down Hwy 281 to the AlamoDome...sweet! Well now the schedulers and Tagliabue join forces to completely trample the wishes of Dave, a young college kid just trying to watch the object of his obsession play a fuggin football game, by saying this game will be moved to B-lo!?!?! WTF!?!?! Now I have tickets to the Saints and Dolphins games and plane tix to buffalo for the miami week! This sucks. Drop dead Tags you suck as a commish make a damn decision the season is days away. :D

While it would be great to have the game in Buffalo, for the Bills, I really wish they wouldn't do that. It's extremely unfair to the other teams in the division (like the NFC East's Dallas, Philly, etc., because the Giants get an extra home game instead of an away game) or even if it were to happen to the Bills' AFC East foes. Find a neutral site at least.

Agreed

Agreed

If this turns out to be true here would eb how the Bills open up the season:

HOME vs. Texans

@ Buccaneers

HOME vs. Falcons

Home vs. Saints

Home vs. Dolphins

Home vs. Jets

5 of our first 6 games would all be home games.  Certainly not fair to the rest of the NFL, but as a Bills fan it'd be a nice way to get off to a good start.

432700[/snapback]

I agree that this isn't fair but neither is the way the NFL works the bye weeks. There are teams in the league that face NO teams coming off a bye week and several face teams twice coming off the byes. The Bills always seem to face two, even three teams coming off the bye week. Now that's unfair.

An entire division should have the same bye week with division game to follow that bye week. Every team would then play only one team coming off the bye.

But why would the NFl do anything that seems fair?

432678[/snapback]

I'm not going to be upset if the game's not in Buffalo....

But if it is - oh well. NFL Refs have screwed the Bills more than enough over the years to FUBAR "fairness".

The game is still 3 weeks out, I see no reason why they can't settle on San Antonio in the next few days. The Saints need someplace to call home. NO is trying to make the playoffs for the first time in years, it will be hard enough mentally after everything that has happened. At least give them some stability and decide on a home stadium ASAP. The game should be in San Antonio.

All proceeds, if played in the other team's stadium, should not be given to the Relief Fund. The Saints have to generate some revenue. Some of it should go to the fund but not all.

I dont see anything negative that could come from an extra home game. What NFL team would not want that. As far as who gets 1st crack at the tickets it should go to N.O season ticket holders. But honestly how many fans will be coming up from down south ith verything that is going on there?

So then I think it becomes 1/2 price for all remaining seats, first come first serve with all proceeds going to the relief fund. I doubt the game will sell out but every little bit helps for the victims.

As much as I would love to see the Saints game played in Buffalo, the NFL should somehow try to schedule any of the Saints home games at neutral sites, including the Giants game but it's too late for that. There are plenty of cities around the country, and Canada, that would love to host an NFL game for the weekend. The Giants game could have been scheduled for Syracuse, for instance. The Bills game could be played in Toronto, the Miami game in Orlando, the Chicago game in Champagne, the Detroit game in East Lansing and all the division games in San Antonio. Some the money for each of the games could have went to hurricane relief.

The NFL always seems fairly slow to react to most things so obviously their knee jerk reaction is and would be just to move the games to the opponents site. It's unfair but that's how the NFL seems to operate.

I agree that this isn't fair but neither is the way the NFL works the bye weeks.    The Bills always seem to face two, even three teams coming off the bye week.  Now that's unfair.

432986[/snapback]

Once again, the Bills night game in N.E. this season follows a Pats bye week. Like it's not tough enough when Belicheck has one week to gameplan.