Newbie FAQ

Dan Gross

I should add that it is very important for newbies to remember that on TBD, if any team is contemplating a new contract with an existing player on the team, this is known as "resigning." This is not to be confused with what Nixon did, or what Nagin will soon do. It is apparently what a player does when he resigns his contract after agreeing to resign with the team.

:lol:0:):(

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should add that it is very important for newbies to remember that on TBD, if any team is contemplating a new contract with an existing player on the team, this is known as "resigning." This is not to be confused with what Nixon did, or what Nagin will soon do. It is apparently what a player does when he resigns his contract after agreeing to resign with the team.

0:)  :(  :angry:

432457[/snapback]

If we reverted to grammar patrol the FAQ would be 30 pages long.... :lol:

But yeah, that one gets me...

:lol:  0:)  :(

432457[/snapback]

Who's Nagin?

If we reverted to grammar patrol the FAQ would be 30 pages long....  :lol:

432469[/snapback]

Don't forget grammer, the proper rules of which certain TBDers exhort another to utilize when they think they are insulting the object's poor English skills. 0:)

FAT - Free Advice Thursday - Started by Nick In Rochester, taken over by Alaska Darin,  it's a thread that is started by one of the afore-mentioned gentlemen whose intent is to provide answers to those seeking advice.  Sort of like Dear Abby with random answers.  Unfortunately, Darin has apparently been on an extended seal-clubbing expedition as of late and as such has not been around for FAT the last few weeks. 0:)

Wow - I'm famous! FAT was started because a lot of people need help getting through the off season. It was never ment to run during football season which starts the first day of the draft and ends after my hangover is gone the day after the superbowl.

People who needed the most help when I was running FAT was Mark IV and Dan Gross. My advice was always based on the simple fact that women don't understand men and most men need to be kicked in the balls! Alaska Darin knows this which is why AD does a great job as my replacement. :lol:

pw3ned = Leet (1337) for owned.  To humiliate or embarass one's adversary.  For example Picard pwns Kirk

432780[/snapback]

That doesn't seem to have caught on with the gerneral populace.

Though when we see Takeo smacking people around this year, I am sure it will come to mind for more than one person.

PWNED!

Lest we forget the all important...

Cowbell - the quintessential rallying device, taken from the great SNL skit staring Christopher Walken and Blue Oyster Cult.  Often used when something is in need of help.  For example..."Drew Haddad would have made the team had he used more cowbell."

432355[/snapback]

Lets not forget DevNull signing all his posts back in the day.

"The reaper he has a cowbell". He is the originator here. He brought it to life more than it was. Here's to you DevNull. :D

8 pages and no mention of the MUT.  SHAME!

432805[/snapback]

No one mentions the MUT.....How about instead of cursing the darkness you light a candle?

There's a lot of good stojan lost to the ether...