Newbie FAQ

Dan Gross

I thought with a board dedicated to newbies we'd provide them with some (mis)-information to get them started (and to keep certain questions from coming up every week). We'll start by defining some of the frequently used terms around here...

Oh, and BTW, I'll try to get corrections up here and get a mod to delete posts (or you can PM me with corrections)

Days of the Week

MOM- Moan on Monday. All the whining that happens after a game (yes, even after victories).

SUW - Silly Unfocused Wednesday - by mid-week we get waaaaay off-topic, even during the season.

FAT - Free Advice Thursday - Started by Nick In Rochester, taken over by Alaska Darin, it's a thread that is started by one of the afore-mentioned gentlemen whose intent is to provide answers to those seeking advice. Sort of like Dear Abby with random answers. Unfortunately, Darin has apparently been on an extended seal-clubbing expedition as of late and as such has not been around for FAT the last few weeks. :doh:

Also

NVT - Nasty, Vicious Thursday. By this point in the week we are typically ready to kill each other as we have completely disected the prior game and anticipate the next one. (Thanks JÂy RÛßeÒ, aka Jay Rosen)

[ What are the other days? I forgot ]

Retatta - An exquisite dish that is best described here.

WNYTBDGPS - The Western New York Two Bills Drive Garbage Plate Society. A group of Wallers who get together for lunch at the Main Street Nick Tahou's on Fridays at noon, usually about once a month.

Hot Pockets - Meant to denote those with a short attention span, said attention span being about the same amount of time it takes to make a Hot Pocket. See also, DING!

LAMP - Look At Me Post. A topic that is started that serves no other means than to draw attention to yourself. Usually carrying a negative connotation (like when someone decides that, instead of adding an opinion to an already ongoing thread he/she starts another thread) but they aren't always so (a post to celebrate an accomplishment).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosen the server - when our server dies under heavy load, we say it was "Rosened". Named after Jay Rosen who was once left in charge of it while I was away.

belinda - means no message included in post.

stojan - another name for feces. Named after stevestojan who complained that our bad word filter wasn't cool enough.

[ What are the other days?  I forgot ]

431521[/snapback]

Thursday used to by NVT - Nasty, Vicious Thursday. By this point in the week we are typically ready to kill each other as we have completely disected the prior game and anticipate the next one.

MILF = Ed's mom

Mullet Head = TracyLee

Doomed = Doomed

Son of Satan = Tom Donahoe

Cootiehog = NJSue

Potato Head = JP-Era

431656[/snapback]

T-Bone=T-Bone (teamswappingwhore)

LABills=Fabio

Thialog80=Gay

TheyThatAreNotSpokenOF=@#*&!~

MM=Kevin Costner