Jennings or Big Mike

Who would you want if the salaries were the same?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want if the salaries were the same?

• Mike Williams
    • Jonas Jennings

I am just trying to get a sense of how you guys rate these players.

My selection, again, if the salaries were the same, would be Jennings.

421459[/snapback]

Almost the same type player, but Williams SHOULD have a little more upside!

I am just trying to get a sense of how you guys rate these players.

My selection, again, if the salaries were the same, would be Jennings.

421459[/snapback]

Bill,

Have another cup of coffee!

Jennings was hurt WAY to often... He lacked heart and I'm glad he is gone. Everyone seems to be down on Mike because he is not playing left tackle. Wake up everyone, he was drafted as a right tackle and he plays as a right tackle and he is a damn good one.

Bill,

Have another cup of coffee!

Jennings was hurt WAY to often... He lacked heart and I'm glad he is gone.  Everyone seems to be down on Mike because he is not playing left tackle.  Wake up everyone, he was drafted as a right tackle and he plays as a right tackle and he is a damn good one.

421465[/snapback]

Jennings was a good RT as well when he manned that slot for the Bills.

I will say that there is certainly time for MW to step up and earn his money, which is a big need for this team.

Jennings was a good RT as well when he manned that slot for the Bills.

I will say that there is certainly time for MW to step up and earn his money, which is a big need for this team.

421468[/snapback]

Bill,

I respect your viewpoint, but I don't understand why you believe that Mike has not earned his money. He dominated after week 4 last year (granted... he showed up to camp out of shape, but he was working through a personal problem) This year he is in great shape and is doing great in the preseason.

His first season he had a terrible line coach who set back the whole line's proformance.

remember, in jonas's salary consideration, you need to include the price of the backup OT we'll need for 4 games or so every season...

better big mike holding down the right side for that kind of money instead of wondering if jonas is going to start 10 or 12 games this season, and having to worry about having a solid backup for over 25% of your season...

Bill,

I respect your viewpoint, but I don't understand why you believe that Mike has not earned his money.  He dominated after week 4 last year (granted... he showed up to camp out of shape, but he was working through a personal problem) This year he is in great shape and is doing great in the preseason.

His first season he had a terrible line coach who set back the whole line's proformance.

421594[/snapback]

Jennings was an alright player but at upwards of 6 million a year he just wasn't worth it. MW cap # this year I believe will be somewhere around 1 million while Jennings could be anywhere from a 10-15 million.

Bill, I think you need to pay a whole lot more attention to the player Big Mike has become since @ game 4 of last year.

Also, in a recent Mcnally interview he revealed that they are now pretty much just "leaving him out there" with no help and he dominates his man @ 90% of the time. (and it shows btw)

One thing about NFL players is that they can change their stripes. A once accurate evaluation of a player can become inaccurate in a fairly short amount of time.

Jennings was hurt WAY to often... He lacked heart and I'm glad he is gone.  Everyone seems to be down on Mike because he is not playing left tackle.  Wake up everyone, he was drafted as a right tackle and he plays as a right tackle and he is a damn good one.

421465[/snapback]

Speed rushers eat MW alive.

Yes, JJ was hurt a lot, and he has the finger thing going on. Williams though puts his truck in a ditch and sits out a game?!?!? Talk about heart, he wasn't even hurt

Speed rushers eat MW alive. 

Yes, JJ was hurt a lot, and he has the finger thing going on.  Williams though puts his truck in a ditch and sits out a game?!?!?  Talk about heart, he wasn't even hurt

421746[/snapback]

Ancient history and rehash. Players change. Watch him again now without your previous opinion getting in the way.

MW is being paid LT money. A RT is not supposed to be the highest paid offensive lineman on your team. LT, center, RT. RT is the more important position if your QB is left handed. IMO he is way overpaid to be playing RT. He is plaing RT because he could not play LT which is where TD thought he could play. You do not spend a number four pick in the draft for a RT.

421594[/snapback]

His FIRST season? All but last year.

When Mike showed what he could do (around week 5 or 6) I bought his replica jersey, I could not fit into an actual one.

I thought this was Peter Jennings vs. Mike Wallace.

And here I thought this was about Bruce Jennings vs. Mike Spitz. Both were great athletes!

Seriously, TD messed-up drafting Big Mike...and he didn't. Jennings was perfectly fine at RT so the Bills didn't need another RT. However I don't think anyone wanted to trade up into the #4 spot, and the only other player rated that high was Roy Williams, and I'd be PISSED if he paid all that money to a SS.

MW is being paid LT money. A RT is not supposed to be the highest paid offensive lineman on your team. LT, center, RT. RT is the more important position if your QB is left handed. IMO he is way overpaid to be playing RT. He is plaing RT because he could not play LT which is where TD thought he could play. You do not spend a number four pick in the draft for a RT.

421899[/snapback]

This for the most part nails it. I'm gonna lay off the guy until the real season starts but he has to come to play this year. I don't want to see him sitting out with his little tweak injuries and I don't want to see him getting his ass handed to him by mediocre d-ends. To this point he hasn't played up to his contract, draft status, and I am sick of hearing how he is getting better. This is the year, it's time to be good.