direct shot by MM at ignorant media

eball

MM opened his PC yesterday with the following:

"Just to go through a few things ... Ben Sobieski is on IR, Lawrence Smith is on IR. Willis (McGahee) practiced and is doing great, Shaud (Williams) practiced, he's doing great. Kevin Everett is on PUP. Rod Trafford came back and is looking better than we thought he would. Both tight ends have been remarkable. ... (Lauvale) Sape had the sniffles this morning but he appears to be doing better. They're going to turn his air conditioner down. Roscoe (Parrish) still has the wrist. And Bennie (Anderson), we think he's eating too many green vegetables because his stomach is bothering him a little bit. Other than that, let's talk football."

jerry sullivan should be licking his wounds right about now -- what a buffoon. :devil:

MM opened his PC yesterday with the following:

"Just to go through a few things ... Ben Sobieski is on IR, Lawrence Smith is on IR. Willis (McGahee) practiced and is doing great, Shaud (Williams) practiced, he's doing great. Kevin Everett is on PUP. Rod Trafford came back and is looking better than we thought he would. Both tight ends have been remarkable. ... (Lauvale) Sape had the sniffles this morning but he appears to be doing better. They're going to turn his air conditioner down. Roscoe (Parrish) still has the wrist. And Bennie (Anderson), we think he's eating too many green vegetables because his stomach is bothering him a little bit. Other than that, let's talk football."

jerry sullivan should be licking his wounds right about now -- what a buffoon.  :devil:

411902[/snapback]

Its worth a listen on bb.com. The deadpan delivery made it even funnier.

Hey Benny -- stay away from the pole beans and broccoli..

But we have a right to know. This is America fer Chrissakes. Was it Anderson who messed with Sape's AC? Was that Tucker dishing out the veges to Bennie? This team is in turmoil right now and if things don't change quickly we are in for a long season. Thank God we have people like Jerry Sullivan looking out for our best interests (even if we don't know what they are).

But we have a right to know.  This is America fer Chrissakes.  Was it Anderson who messed with Sape's AC?  Was that Tucker dishing out the veges to Bennie?  This team is in turmoil right now and if things don't change quickly we are in for a long season.  Thank God we have people like Jerry Sullivan looking out for our best interests (even if we don't know what they are).

411935[/snapback]

Bennie Anderson is eating greens? Damn, there goes the season! :devil:

I like what Mularkey did. :blush:

Bennie Anderson is eating greens? Damn, there goes the season!  :devil:

I like what Mularkey did.  :blush:

411954[/snapback]

In high school, the lineman next to me one night kept getting flagged for offsides because he had the runs so bad he kept standing up from the 3 point stance to keep from, well, exploding. Benny Anderson has an offsides problem to begin with, and to hear that he is on vegetables is the worst news I have heard come out of camp to date.

Pretty funny on MM's part, but I wouldn't call the media ignorant for trying their best to get as much info as possible regarding injured players.  Isn't that their job? :devil:

412021[/snapback]

I draw the line at weenies that insist that they have a "need to know," and promote conspiracy theories when said information is not made available...

I draw the line at weenies that insist that they have a "need to know," and promote conspiracy theories when said information is not made available...

412030[/snapback]

We agree that WGR crosses the line and keeps right on going, but they do that with everything. I just don't get the whole secrecy thing. Some people have stated it is because of HIPAA, but to me it's just the coaches and organizations playing games within the rules of the NFL.

[edited]Here is my beef with this policy as it relates to Roscoe....He hurt his wrist and everyone knows it, as evidenced by the cast and sling he was photographed wearing earlier this week. Where is the advantage in not giving out any details as to what is wrong with the wrist and what surgery was performed on it. I don't care if they don't want to say how long he will be out for.

We agree that WGR crosses the line and keeps right on going, but they do that with everything.  I just don't get the whole secrecy thing.  Some people have stated it is because of HIPAA, but to me it's just the coaches and organizations playing games within the rules of the NFL.

412045[/snapback]

If the rules allow them to do what they are doing and we somehow feel as fans we need to hear more, who are we to argue with the Bills about it? We should be arguing with the NFL about changing their rules....

As far as I'm concerned, I'm all for anything we can do within the rules to complicate the game-planning of our opponents, even in minor ways.

Pretty funny on MM's part, but I wouldn't call the media ignorant for trying their best to get as much info as possible regarding injured players.  Isn't that their job? :devil:

412021[/snapback]

it's ignorant when guys like sullivan devote entire editorials to bashing the bills for not doing his job for him.

The call out Sullivan as ignorant and not make generalizations such as "ignorant media".

412061[/snapback]

quit picking nits...at the bottom of my post i called out sullivan. :devil:

nonetheless, he's not the only media member who was making a big deal out of this nonsense.

quit picking nits...at the bottom of my post i called out sullivan.  :devil:

nonetheless, he's not the only media member who was making a big deal out of this nonsense.

412068[/snapback]

It just gets occassionally tiresome around here. Whenever the media disses the Bills in any way, they are classified as ignorant, don't know anything, pompous, uninformed idiots.

Then the next day when they write something positive, they are glamorized as being one step from sainthood, mensa candidates and soon to be rhodes scholars. :blush: