Bledsoe Injured

kasper13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said when DB was traded that this would be his last year in the NFL. It will be the Tuna's last year also. Betcha, betcha! :D

409684[/snapback]

Wow, what did we get for him? I hadn't heard that. I am sure that your other facts are just as accurrate.

Fag

Wow, what did we get for him?  I hadn't heard that.  I am sure that your other facts are just as accurrate. 

Fag

409687[/snapback]

should read "Went to Dallas" :D

Btw, what facts, it's a prediction you fool.

You want facts? Here's some for you. You're a short fat jarhead queer homo Brady loving Pats fan. :P:lol:

No but do you honestly believe if he did, that anyone here would give him any credit?

409682[/snapback]

Perhaps one or two of the 4000. But what they are all saying is that is it impossible because he doesnt have it in him anymore. People wanted to like him. Most loved him at first. He gradually had people jumping off his bandwagon late in season one and then more and more and more jumped off as each ensuing game and inefficiency played out. He had the entire city in his hands for quite some time. And there are a lot of posters here that loved or liked him for a long time until two full years of frustration truncated that. The hatred for him now is because virtually everyone gave up on him at some point, some early, some late. It wasn't unfounded and it wasn't immediate and it wasn't completely undeserved.

Perhaps one or two of the 4000. But what they are all saying is that is it impossible because he doesnt have it in him anymore. People wanted to like him. Most loved him at first. He gradually had people jumping off his bandwagon late in season one and then more and more and more jumped off as each ensuing game and inefficiency played out. He had the entire city in his hands for quite some time. And there are a lot of posters here that loved or liked him for a long time until two full years of frustration truncated that. The hatred for him now is because virtually everyone gave up on him at some point, some early, some late. It wasn't unfounded and it wasn't immediate and it wasn't completely undeserved.

409705[/snapback]

Nicely put, Kelly.

Drew was probably a "throwback" type qb when he entered the NFL. By this I mean that coaches years ago did NOT want their qbs to move around so much. Tarkenton was thought of as a freak, and Flutie could not even secure a roster spot (which he fully deserved) and was forced to play in Canada.

I think that Drew was far too "needy." When he had his best years at NE, the team was stacked with weapons. This, in the salary cap era, is harder for a GM to provide. This does not take away from what I consider his biggest asset, his true cannon of an arm.

In this sense, I will never know how good Aikman was. He was not very athletic either, but every single player on his offense, was either very good or great. Think about it...the fullback, TE, Emmit, Irving, and the entire OL were fabulous players. The defense was top flight as well. How well would Aikman have played on that Bills team with no blocking and other liabilities on offense?

In summary, Drew (imo) has a simply amazing arm. He is able to make throws that only a handful of qbs were ever capable of, but he had more "needs" than TD was able to provide. I wish him well in Dallas, and I think that he will do OK. Parcells will be looking over his shoulder and force Drew to do things his way.

This is going to be a fun and very interesting season.

409582[/snapback]

Well said, although I would say both he and Aikman weren't throwbacks at the start of their career. The salary cap simply does not allow for a balanced team with the "prototypical" drop back passer because either the O-line has to be top notch, too, which means there is no money for the defense (Think Indy). The zone blitz just piles on the need for a smarter, more mobile QB. Bledsoe isn't either of those.

By the way, if I remember correctly Kenny O'Brian was more a accurate passer than Elway, Kelly, or Marino. He just didn't have the time to get the pass off before he was sacked. He also didn't have Bledsoe's durability, either.

I was extremely excited when the Bills signed DB. And after his first season, I was still psyched. But what happened the last two years? It couldn't just be PP leaving for the ATL that brought his numbers way down. I still think he has the arm, but he needs A LOT of time. And guess what? The Cowboys line sucks!! Therefore do not draft BD in your fantasy leagues, he is in for another long year. One difference I did notice between DB and JP is that at least JP owns up to his mistakes and takes criticism like a man, DB has all the excuses!!!

Well said, although I would say both he and Aikman weren't throwbacks at the start of their career.  The salary cap simply does not allow for a balanced team with the "prototypical" drop back passer because either the O-line has to be top notch, too, which means there is no money for the defense (Think Indy).  The zone blitz just piles on the need for a smarter, more mobile QB.  Bledsoe isn't either of those.

By the way, if I remember correctly Kenny O'Brian was more a accurate passer than Elway, Kelly, or Marino.  He just didn't have the time to get the pass off before he was sacked.  He also didn't have Bledsoe's durability, either.

409731[/snapback]

It always comes back to his durability, doesn't it? He has been remarkably durable. In a strange twist of fate, it was his LACK of durability (the Mo Lewis hit) that propelled the Pats to an amazing run. His lack of durability, because of that one moment changed one franchise forever, while it gave false hope to another. Now, I understand the hit he took was quite disturbing, but the only asset he has now is his durability. I believe we have/will brush off this set back by the DB era. DB will, however, be the posterchild of these last few miserable years. We all believed in him to some degree and he failed. He failed totally and miserably. Be fair now. We don't forget or stop reliving the the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith era, why ignore the DB era. It may not be all on DBs shoulders, but make no mistake, he was at the heart of our disenchantment. I'm moving on, but not forgetting. That is the essence of sport. We live and die (in our sports world) with the players that wear OUR uniforms. We praise the good and bemoan bad. As it should be. Peace.