SABRES SIGN SOMEBODY I'VE HEARD OF!!

The_Real

I'll be interested to see the contract details.  Here is what Teppo made the last few years...

1999-00  2,250,000

2000-01  4,500,000 

2001-02  4,750,000 

2002-03  4,750,000   

2003-04  4,500,000

398249[/snapback]

WOW! I was hoping its for only around 2 Million, so much for that hope.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be interested to see the contract details.  Here is what Teppo made the last few years...

1999-00  2,250,000

2000-01  4,500,000 

2001-02  4,750,000 

2002-03  4,750,000   

2003-04  4,500,000

398249[/snapback]

Gotta love the NHL. 3 goals, -5, and he made that kind of money?!?!?!?!?!

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Leafs fan yesterday, and we were talking Sabres/Leafs. So he says to me who's your new defensemen and I tell him Teppo. He says to me....i bet thats comforting knowing that if you add an "a", drop a "p" and add a "t" to the end, it spells TEAPOT.

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just his name and not in his playing.

:blink::P

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Leafs fan yesterday, and we were talking Sabres/Leafs. So he says to me who's your new defensemen and I tell him Teppo. He says to me....i bet thats comforting knowing that if you add an "a", drop a "p" and add a  "t" to the end, it spells TEAPOT.

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just his name and not in his playing.

:blink:  :P

398277[/snapback]

:lol:

I'ma little teapot, short and stout

Here is my handle, here is my spout

When I get a steam up, I will shout

Tip me over and pour me out

Gotta love the NHL.  3 goals, -5, and he made that kind of money?!?!?!?!?!

398269[/snapback]

He's a DEFENSEMAN. He was regularly in the first pair and logged a ton of ice time on a team that had trouble putting the puck in the net.

Zhitnik has scored 25 goals in his last 454 games. He's had 4 or fewer goals 4 times in the last 5 seasons.

I think the Sabres will be the retirment home for many players because of Free agency.

We have no shot at a 26 year old Stud player.  Get used to the 36-40 year old has beens.

398240[/snapback]

LOL! What type of players have been changing teams this week? Stupid post of the day... :blink:

1999-00  2,250,000

2000-01  4,500,000 

2001-02  4,750,000 

2002-03  4,750,000   

2003-04  4,500,000

398249[/snapback]

I really like the fact it's a one-year deal.

Darcy's game plan seems to be to get though this season with a few mid-level signings and be in a financial position to go after next year's FA crop after the rest of the league (i.e., Flyers etc.) have maxed out their cap. Not a bad strategy actually...

Not a bad strategy...... but how many more frickin years do we have to wait? One season lost due to the lockout. Three straight season before that missing the playoffs. Now we are playing the waiting game again for 2006/07? BS. The future should be now. All the sabres need is one Top 4 Defensemen and one halfway decent goal scorer and that will not blow the budget or break Tom Golisano. Trade Biron or Norronen for someone and sign someone other than a washed up Teppo Numminen

Not a bad strategy...... but how many more frickin years do we have to wait? One season lost due to the lockout. Three straight season before that missing the playoffs. Now we are playing the waiting game again for 2006/07? BS. The future should be now.

398390[/snapback]

No offense, but look at how many cups the Flyers, Rangers and other big spenders that have been chasing the "future is now" ghost the past few years have--answer: just as many as Buffalo. The future has to be now, next year and the year after that. A few big contract signings aren't going to put the team in cup contention this year.

All the sabres need is one Top 4 Defensemen and one halfway decent goal scorer and that will not blow the budget or break Tom Golisano. Trade Biron or Norronen for someone and sign someone other than a washed up Teppo Numminen

398390[/snapback]

I don't think Numminen is washed up. He's got another year in him and should be effective on the PP. Here's a nice article on him when he signed with Dallas).

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031030/nhl_dal-sun.html

Not a bad strategy...... but how many more frickin years do we have to wait? One season lost due to the lockout. Three straight season before that missing the playoffs. Now we are playing the waiting game again for 2006/07? BS. The future should be now. All the sabres need is one Top 4 Defensemen and one halfway decent goal scorer and that will not blow the budget or break Tom Golisano. Trade Biron or Norronen for someone and sign someone other than a washed up Teppo Numminen

398390[/snapback]

How can you say teppo is washed up...all i woudl like to see out of him id solid defensive play, and the guy knows the game...plus, we hafta fill out our required quota of at least 1 35+ defenseman on the team now that patrick is gone...:blink:

I think the Sabres will be the retirment home for many players because of Free agency.

We have no shot at a 26 year old Stud player.  Get used to the 36-40 year old has beens.

398240[/snapback]

Unless of course, they decide to retire on the (long) island!

Buffalo may never be the "team of choice" for the biggest name free agents, but as the NHL adapts to the new era of the salary cap, players will start to realize that there are only so many teams to play for...suddenly Buffalo won't look so bad.

I, for one, think the Sabres have a pretty good young nucleous right now (assuming the year off hasn't had an adverse effect), and would rather not see them going after all of these aging superstars. I am glad that some of those guys toiling away in Rochester, will likely get a little more NHL playing time.

A guy like Teppo could be very valuable in the crunch. Experienced defense men usually help in the playoffs. I think the Sabres, assuming they stay relatively pat, are in the position to get off to a strong start, something they haven't done in a couple of seasons. For teams like the Flyers, all I can say is, remember the Yankees!

Unless of course, they decide to retire on the (long) island!

Buffalo may never be the "team of choice" for the biggest name free agents, but as the NHL adapts to the new era of the salary cap, players will start to realize that there are only so many teams to play for...suddenly Buffalo won't look so bad. 

I, for one, think the Sabres have a pretty good young nucleous right now (assuming the year off hasn't had an adverse effect), and would rather not see them going after all of these aging superstars.  I am glad that some of those guys toiling away in Rochester, will likely get  a little more NHL playing time. 

A guy like Teppo could be very valuable in the crunch.  Experienced defense men usually help in the playoffs.  I think the Sabres, assuming they stay relatively pat, are in the position to get off to a strong start, something they haven't done in a couple of seasons.  For teams like the Flyers, all I can say is, remember the Yankees!

398435[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with this. The Sabres are going to be a young and hungry team with a lot of players that didn't take a year off but actually either played in Europe or in Rochester. As I said in another post, the "new" NHL is somewhat geared toward younger, faster, skilled players which the Sabres actually have an abundance of in their system. They might not get 100 points this year but they should be closer to the 90 to mid 90 range and solidly make the playoffs as about a 5 or 6 seed.

Zhitnik has scored 25 goals in his last 454 games.  He's had 4 or fewer goals 4 times in the last 5 seasons.

398296[/snapback]

But he's left 687 black marks on the boards to either side of the net in the same time span.

Sabres rumored to sign Jason Allison

398693[/snapback]

LIES LIES LIES

A bunch of crap started by WGR mentioning he was in Toronto for a physical, which turned into he was in Buffalo for a physical which turned into he's coming to buffalo.

No truth what so ever. He'll be a leaf when they can figure their cap situation out.

T_R