Rockpile at Camp

rockpile

I ran into Mike and #89 in the morning. I had my oldest daughter and 5 grandchildren with me. Most of the morning was spent in the Bills Experience.

I had been worried about the move, but I should not have. They compressed the activities which made it easier to watch the small ones and there is shade, at least in the morning. The best part is that it moved the busloads of daycare center kids away from the camp mainstream, which was very nice.

A couple comments:

Roscoe Parrish was not very good catching punts. McGee and Clements were their usual GREAT!

JP looked relaxed. He did screw up a couple times, but minor stuff. He was on the money, throwing into crowds on a frozen rope. Evans and Moulds are awesome and Reed does seem to be getting back to his rookie year form. Parrish made some great receptions.

It was hard to view from the bleachers, and at one point they were using all three fields. :)

On one/one defensive drills, TKO DRILLED someone (I missed the number) and got a lot of applause.

Either Jabari Greer (33) or Troy Vincent (23) slammed into Parrish, who somehow managed to hold onto the ball. I mean he was leveled. :lol: I hollered "Welcome to the Bills, Roscoe" which got some laughs. 0:)

TE Mark Campbell is a huge player. I had no idea how large he was.

Coy Wire has really filled out. His upper body is like a poster from a body building magazine. His build reminds me of Andre Reed, who in his prime was a machine!

I ran into Jay's wife, Melissa and later the kids too at the Xerox booth. I had my picture taken with Rachel, the cheerleading babe (mingya! :) ) in your album, Mike. Melissa had two prints made; I wasn't sure if it was for you, Jay or if she wanted the shot of me. :doh::lol: She had the kids' pictures done with three cheerleaders. I hope we get to see the photos, they were very cool. Don't forget to remind them how GD lucky they are to have you two, Jay! ;) She told Rachel how we met because of my Rockpile jersey at the 1st camp at Fisher (2000?). I was actually wearing THAT jersey today.

Ryan Denney is the tallest Bill at 6'7" - amazing, like standing next to an oak tree.

The other QB's are definitely backups. I have a good impression they can do the job - as backup, which is great news. I have not been reading many camp reports (only because I have been too busy to be here), but have seen some criticism of JP. To my eyes, he is a very good young QB, in charge, getting better every day. He scrambled a couple times when plays broke down and he saw daylight. It is going to really be exciting to see this in a live game, the man has wheels.

Got my 6 tickets each to both Monday Nights in August, and will be back at camp Wednesday. Morning is with the wife and daycare - afternoon is just me. Next time I will take notes!!

bye!

Shane Mathews may be done.  He was tossing some shoestringers out there both Saturday night and this AM.

395719[/snapback]

He is being kept as a mentor more than a player. Two significant injuries would have to occur before he saw game time. And yet I would still trust him for a half or a game or two.

He is being kept as a mentor more than a player. Two significant injuries would have to occur before he saw game time. And yet I would still trust him for a half or a game or two.

395740[/snapback]

Thanks for the update rock...

I'd rather we kept someone like Woodbury as a developmental #3 over Matthews...he has more potential, and lets face it, if you are relying on your 3rd string QB for more than about a quarter, your chances are pretty much f'ed as it is...so let the kid develop a bit and ya never know...

Great job Rocky - as per usual

stay cool, my friend.

Now: requests!

Please report on

1) screens

2) Gandy, Peters

3)Anderson vs Edwards

4) My Hurricanes "connection" tells me Parrish has fumblitus. Please watch him for any signs of this.

tanx

Thanks, Rockpile. All of these reports are great.

I wonder, for those that watched a lot of Hurricane games, did Roscoe have any trouble catching punts or holding onto the ball during returns? I never saw or read anything like that.

395717[/snapback]

Other than fielding punts, his hands were like glue. Remember this was my first camp this year and it takes a few to really get into the "zone". He got slammed once and held the ball just fine. :doh:

Rock, I was there for both sessions today. It's a bummer to have missed you out there. I supposed my buddy from work and I were pretty stationary in the bleachers for the AM and along the fence for the PM... Glad you made it out though and thanks for your report.

Rock, I was there for both sessions today. It's a bummer to have missed you out there. I supposed my buddy from work and I were pretty stationary in the bleachers for the AM and along the fence for the PM... Glad you made it out though and thanks for your report.

395815[/snapback]

I'll be back Wednesday afternoon if anyone wants to hook up. I will be wearing #81, new jersey, Rockpile on back.

I saw the pic this evening - I think she wanted you bad (the Jill, that is, not my wife  :) ).  Perhaps I can get it scanned or something.

395845[/snapback]

Did they save any of the pictures on disk? I tried scanning mine tonight but the print quality was poor. She did come right over and put her arm around me (Rachel not Melissa :) ), so of course to be polite, I put my arm around her waist. :doh: