URGENT Medical Advice needed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Worst ever misspelled word on TBD. (And that includes the reference someone made to having a tooter for their math class.) :doh:

396041[/snapback]

Maybe he meant that the guy could be saved by using a messenger tern? Send a letter for help, and brie?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Worst ever misspelled word on TBD. (And that includes the reference someone made to having a tooter for their math class.) :D

396041[/snapback]

I thought that was intentional...maybe some sort of overly subtle pun where he was crying fowl. :D

Doesn't explain, though, what a "tern of phase" is, though...

We should open a center for kids who don't read good.

396043[/snapback]

I did it on perpose! :lol: Whenever I use impropper gramer or misspeel a word it should be assumed that the error was ment too be their. I have never bean noun to make missteaks that we're not international one's. :D:D:lol:

mead on the other hand... ;)

I did it on perpose! :lol:  Whenever I use impropper gramer or misspeel a word it should be assumed that the error was ment too be their.  I have never bean noun to make missteaks that we're not international one's. :D  :D  :lol:

mead on the other hand... ;)

396093[/snapback]

Center for Kids that don't read Good. Reference to

some goofy film (Jerry Stiller's son?) that my family likes. ;)

Domestic Missteaks are just fine, make mine medium rare please.

It's a MIRACLE!!!! Instead of rubbing the Aborto de Retatta on his snake bite to reduce the swelling, he ate a couple of spoonfuls, which in turn had some reverse effect on his symptoms. He was up and walking around within minutes proclaiming that he must have the recipe!

who do i send  money to for flowers for the dead guy ???????

396775[/snapback]

I'll send you my paypal. I'll coordinate this effort. Everyone should send their contributions to me. I hope they are large. He has many charities.

No, I didn't know him...but I can tell from what little I've heard that he was a great man with bad footwork.

We should respect that. He did the best he possibly could in two hours in the woods. Sadly, he's never walked point.

"flora in adirondack mountains"

Not sure if this has been mentioned before... Are there poisonous snakes in the ADKS?

??

395928[/snapback]

There are at least two venomous snakes in the Adirondack- one is the Forest Rattler and the other is a Copperhead- I beleive the Water Moccosin is venomous too. I live in CT and my friend who I work with got bit by a Copperhead a few years ago. He was hiking at Chatfield Hollow and climbed a rock. He reached his hand up and a Copperhead sunning on the rock bit him. His knew it was poisonous by the bite. His friends killed the snake and brought it to the Doctor who confirmed it was a Copperhead. My friend showed up a few hours later at work and his hand was very, very swollen. He couldnt bend his hand and said he was gonna miss work and go to the clinic(best excuse I have ever heard for missing work!). The clinic turned him away saying they could give antivenom but would rather not because alot of people have reactions with antivenom. They sent him home. His hand proceded to literally double in size and he went back to the clinic. I forget if they then gave him a shot or not. Poisonous snake are just about everywhere.

There are at least two venomous snakes in the Adirondack- one is the Forest Rattler and the other is a Copperhead- I beleive the Water Moccosin is venomous too.  I live in CT and my friend who I work with got bit by a Copperhead a few years ago.  He was hiking at Chatfield Hollow and climbed a rock.  He reached his hand up and a Copperhead sunning on the rock bit him.  His knew it was poisonous by the bite.  His friends killed the snake and brought it to the Doctor who confirmed it was a Copperhead.  My friend showed up a few hours later at work and his hand was very, very swollen.  He couldnt bend his hand and said he was gonna miss work and go to the clinic(best excuse I have ever heard for missing work!).  The clinic turned him away saying they could give antivenom but would rather not because alot of people have reactions with antivenom.  They sent him home.  His hand proceded to literally double in size and he went back to the clinic.  I forget if they then gave him a shot or not.  Poisonous snake are just about everywhere.

396915[/snapback]

It is still very, very remote chance that far north.

The timber rattler is probably the only one close... With pockets as far north near Lake George. Conn. is still south. With that, I found that copperheads live mainly in the lower Hudson Valley south of Kingston... That would put their habitat right next to Conn. They are almost absent from the Catskills on west...

The rest is here...

My source was:

NY Venomous Snakes

I'll send you my paypal. I'll coordinate this effort. Everyone should send their contributions to me. I hope they are large. He has many charities.

No, I didn't know him...but I can tell from what little I've heard that he was a great man with bad footwork.

We should respect that. He did the best he possibly could in two hours in the woods. Sadly, he's never walked point.

396782[/snapback]

He was no Patches Watson.

Here is an interesting clip... I don't know how true it is? From Saratoga Springs.

3. Snakes are very common, but the only snakes you will see are harmless. Poisonous snakes don't live this far north at this high elevation (1400 feet). The two types of snakes you will see here are garter snakes and ribbon snakes.

??

Now I know elevation has nothing to do with it since the west towers in comparison to the east.

Could it be a glacial thingy? With populations moving northward?