Peerless not a starter as camp opens

they just want to make him fight a little more, and maybe scare him in to doing better. we all know hes a great #2 WR, and a below average #1 WR. but i do think, if M. Vick could throw to a WR, many people would think of Price in higher regard.

they just want to make him fight a little more, and maybe scare him in to doing better. we all know hes a great #2 WR, and a below average #1 WR. but i do think, if M. Vick could throw to a WR, many people would think of Price in higher regard.

390214[/snapback]

Nice avatar! :rolleyes:

maybe the best trade in Bills history.

link

390206[/snapback]

Impressive work by TD (looks good so far anyways)- dumping Peerless for a 1st rounder when we didn't have one (sent to NE for Bledsoe), and then using it to draft Willis. Looks like a real doozy.

I wonder if the Falcons want Josh Reed.

You win some, and lose some.  For every Peerless deal, there's a DB deal.  In the end I guess it all evens out.

The DB deal was a great one. If not for him, the Bills would have lost Price without getting a 1st rounder for him, and they wouldn't have been considered a team FA's would want to sign with, because of the lack of a "name" signal caller. Unfortunately he wasn't able to take the Bills to the playoffs, but it was far from the antithesis of the Price trade.

The DB deal was a great one.  If not for him, the Bills would have lost Price without getting a 1st rounder for him, and they wouldn't have been considered a team FA's would want to sign with, because of the lack of a "name" signal caller.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to take the Bills to the playoffs, but it was far from the antithesis of the Price trade.

390298[/snapback]

As a former "Bledsoe Basher," I couldn't agree more with these sentiments.

Starting now, these are the only QB's we should really be arguing about on this board:

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Shane Matthews

Kevin Thompson

but i do think, if M. Vick could throw to a WR, many people would think of Price in higher regard.

390214[/snapback]

In addition to Price being better suited as a #2 WR instead of a #1, this is a big part of the reason why Price's numbers are down.

In addition to Price being better suited as a #2 WR instead of a #1, this is a big part of the reason why Price's numbers are down.

390361[/snapback]

I don't even regard Price that highly, but I believe his numbers are down as far as they are primarily because of Vick's deficiencies as a QB.

As a former "Bledsoe Basher," I couldn't agree more with these sentiments.

Starting now, these are the only QB's we should really be arguing about on this board:

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Shane Matthews

Kevin Thompson

390326[/snapback]

BAH! How dare you say such things. You forgot Tory Woodbury! :rolleyes:

Yes, this now qualifies, always thought the best was Paul Seymour fro Frank Lewis until we have seen the way this has panned out

390393[/snapback]

I had moved to Pittsburgh the year after the trade. I left in 1990, and the fans there were still very angry about trading Lewis (who they didn't care about at the time) and getting the damaged Seymour in return. :rolleyes:

i thought i read in here earlier in the off season that peerless was really hurt bad in his eye or something and that he might be forced to retire.i bet that is the reason he is so down on the depth chart,go bills in'05

You win some, and lose some.  For every Peerless deal, there's a DB deal.  In the end I guess it all evens out.

PTR

390211[/snapback]

You serious!!!!!????

I would not undo the DB trade, I'm happy for that trade. I cannot believe you would be so closed minded. DB's 2002 season built this team. Without that year...

1. Peerless Price does not have a monster year

2. Spikes does not get super excited about the great offense in Buffalo and come here to help our ailing defense

3. Milloy, same as above, plus he was happy to be back on a team with his old teammate DB

4. Attendance would be lower, attendance was way up with Bledsoe here (and all of the hype that came with him in his first 1.5 years), he alone helped the Bills finances immensely. Not to mention marketing, advertising, and just the presence of a household name on the team. Just because you know who JP Losman is, doesn't mean all of the residents of WNY do.

No I'm glad he came to Buffalo, just as well, I'm glad he's gone also.