(OT) Lousy movies you liked

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anaconda" was a pretty lousy movie that I actually...no wait, I hated it. Never mind.

I must have been thinking of "Deep Blue Sea". Crap, that one sucked too. Ignore me.

That has no place on this list, sir. Cannonball Run is a classic, a classic I say!

Cannonball Run II, now that was a piece of sh--...and I still kinda liked it... :doh:

"Don Don"

384745[/snapback]

Wow. I thought I was living alone in a dark, dark, world. :lol:

OK, here we go....

Air America

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.

And my all time guilty Sin: Josie and the Pussycats.

Let me defend this one, see... it was obvisously such a sell out movie, that they parodied the sell out, and place advertisement everywhere. The actresses are all hot, Tara Reid is at her best when she's a bimbo, and Rachel Leigh Cook is just plain hot. And the music.. the songs are all original and actually pretty damn good.

Yes, I own the soundtrack too.

Hudson Hawk. I don't know why I like it...I just do. Andie McDowell on the Vatican's Secret Service cracks me up...

And then, of course, there's Daddy Day Care. It doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves. I can't believe some people even think that awful and unrealistic Saving Private Ryan was actually better than Daddy Day Care...

I thought I was the only one.  I friggin' loved Waterworld.

All people do here in 2005 is complain how every movie is the same old crap.  At least Waterworld was different.  Kevin Costner had gills, he was almost eaten by a giant mutant fish, and we got to check out Denver at the bottom of the ocean.  And Denis Hopper was hilarious as the villian.

"Not Another Teen Movie" was great.

384682[/snapback]

I loved Waterworld, and the Postman. I think Costner just ticked off the wrong people or something. I guess I just like sucky movies, because I thought Far and Away was good, and Roadhouse was on my recent list of movies that I would watch any time anywhere.

Hudson Hawk.  I don't know why I like it...I just do.  Andie McDowell on the Vatican's Secret Service cracks me up...

And then, of course, there's Daddy Day Care.  It doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves.  I can't believe some people even think that awful and unrealistic Saving Private Ryan was actually better than Daddy Day Care...

384791[/snapback]

I loved Hudson Hawk when I saw it. Laughed my ass off. About four years later I decided to watch it again and I thought, "what the fukk was I thinking?" It definitely has some funny moments though.

Waterworld, remarkably, was a huge hit around the world, and everyone thinks its was such a big bust but it cost about 150 mil to make and took in over 300 mil counting rentals.

My nomination for the thread though, is, remarkably, Ishtar. It's so bad that it's actually funny, in a campy kind of way, especially Warren Beatty. I would bet that 95% of the people that hate Ishtar and rag on it have never seen it.

OK, here we go....

Air America

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.

And my all time guilty Sin: Josie and the Pussycats.

Let me defend this one, see... it was obvisously such a sell out movie, that they parodied the sell out, and place advertisement everywhere. The actresses are all hot, Tara Reid is at her best when she's a bimbo, and Rachel Leigh Cook is just plain hot. And the music.. the songs are all original and actually pretty damn good.

Yes, I own the soundtrack too.

384783[/snapback]

Loaded Weapon was FUNNNNNNY ....

I guess you have to be in the right mood or under the influence of the right pharmaceuticals and/or libations ;)

Congo, to me is a fun movie. Killed in the ratings, and the theater. I can watch it over again. Laura Linney, in character in that movie is a woman I'd like to meet.

384702[/snapback]

It was a very enjoyable book. The movie was pretty good.

I have to agree with the Hudson Hawk gig, but in my defense, I seem to remember at the time that I was a big Bruce Willis fan, and the beginning of the movie reminded me a lot of "Moonlighting." There's a point in the movie that Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello are singing while breaking into a building, if memory serves me. I can remember the song, but not it's name.

My wife, I fear, has everyone beat. She is a movie freak and will watch virtually anything if she reads something about it that interests her. She is as vast with her movie knowledge as anyone I've ever known...and one of her favorite movies is "Grease 2."

Michelle Pfeiffer. Go figure.

I have to agree with the Hudson Hawk gig, but in my defense, I seem to remember at the time that I was a big Bruce Willis fan, and the beginning of the movie reminded me a lot of "Moonlighting." There's a point in the movie that Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello are singing while breaking into a building, if memory serves me. I can remember the song, but not it's name.

"Swingin' on a Star". 5 minutes, 33 seconds. ;)

I don't think anyone (save maybe VABills) will ever mistake Hudson Hawk for a good movie. But it's so hokey, I actually find it entertaining. Still. I even have the DVD; I watch it every so often when I'm in the mood to shut off my brain.

Waterworld, remarkably, was a huge hit around the world, and everyone thinks its was such a big bust but it cost about 150 mil to make and took in over 300 mil counting rentals.

384815[/snapback]

Supposedly it was huge in Japan, which makes sense due to the fact that the country is surrounded by water.

If they ever release a really good DVD version, I'd pick it up.