(OT) Lousy movies you liked

Since we're talking about everything besides football here, I'm just wonderng: did you ever like a movie that was critically panned and/or was a flop?

Yes, I enjoyed "Catwoman." It was terrible, but entertaining, if that makes any sense. And I got to see my beloved Benjamin Bratt naked (just from the waist up, shucks!) Some very nice cameos of kitties, too. But I still wonder how you can fight crime in stillettos and skin-tight leather???

I also enjoyed "Waterworld," Kevin Costner's colossal flop. I think I was the only one in the theater for that one. Mariner Rules!

And don't forget "Far and Away" with Tom and Nicole when they were an item. I am one "chick" that generally doesn't like chick movies, yet I enjoyed this one so much I bought it. It was a major flop and the critics hated it . . . but what do they know?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

water boy and big daddy are 2 that come to mind - my wife rags constantly that adam sandler is a yo yo but still I think peeing on the wall and tackling people for no reason are cool movie clips

I also enjoyed "Waterworld," Kevin Costner's colossal flop.  I think I was the only one in the theater for that one.  Mariner Rules!

384659[/snapback]

I thought I was the only one. I friggin' loved Waterworld.

All people do here in 2005 is complain how every movie is the same old crap. At least Waterworld was different. Kevin Costner had gills, he was almost eaten by a giant mutant fish, and we got to check out Denver at the bottom of the ocean. And Denis Hopper was hilarious as the villian.

"Not Another Teen Movie" was great.

Few people liked the movie "Blow." I thought it was literally great.

"BLOW" was fuggin awesome! I loved it. Johnny Depp was great. It kind of reminded me of "Scarface" a little. Excellent!

384685[/snapback]

Blow was a good movie, as is just about any movie with Johnny Depp. He's the kind of actor who raises up a poor surrounding cast or a bad script and always turns in a good performance. He's kinda like John Malkovich in that sense, and speaking of Malkovich, "Con Air" was a pretty lousy movie that i liked

I thought I was the only one.  I friggin' loved Waterworld.

All people do here in 2005 is complain how every movie is the same old crap.  At least Waterworld was different.  Kevin Costner had gills, he was almost eaten by a giant mutant fish, and we got to check out Denver at the bottom of the ocean.  And Denis Hopper was hilarious as the villian.

"Not Another Teen Movie" was great.

384682[/snapback]

Don't forget that weird little kid with the map on her body, she was an interesting character too.

water boy and big daddy are 2 that come to mind - my wife rags constantly that adam sandler is a yo yo but still I think peeing on the wall and tackling people for no reason are cool movie clips

384677[/snapback]

Waterboy was kind of funny, I like the part when Adam Sandler (or the coach) tells the kicker to think of someone he hates and he envisions the ball as a little Klansman -- that was hilarious!

Waterboy was a freaking great movie.

Three sports movie sequels that mostly everybody thought stunk badly but I didn't (wouldn't say I loved them but didn't hate them either)

Bad News Bears: Breaking Training

SlapShot 2

Major League III- Back to the Minors