Buffalo Wings vs Canadian Wings

In a blind taste test would you know if your wings were made in Buffalo or Canada?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. In a blind taste test would you know if your wings were made in Buffalo or Canada?

• Yes, good wings can only be from Buffalo!
    • Yes, good wings can only be from Canada!
    • No, noone can tell were they are made.
    • You can get chicken wings in Canada?

I love my chicken wings.

382572[/snapback]

Growing up in Buffalo, but having been away for 20 years, I am always checking out wings in different cities. In all my years of "outsourcing", I have found very few places (1 in Texas, 2 in NYC) that had wings anything comperable to wings in Buffalo. However, in the last 2 or 3 years, more places have been popping up that seem to finally "get it" when it comes to Buffalo wings! Nothing as good as McPartlands or Duffs mind you, but they are getting better. Now Canada, I can't remember if I have ever had them there. I will say, however, the US has nothing on Canada when it comes to ballet! :D

No Contest!!!

I was on a business trip recently in Toronto and ordered wings at a restaurant, figuring that they must be *reasonably* close to authentic.

They were horrible!!! Mushy, goopy, chewy - worse than I can get in NYC.

In a friendly manner, I berated my waiter asking how the restaurant could be only 90 minutes from Buffalo and the wings be so terrible. I didn't get much of an answer.

This also drives my wife crazy. She's from Williamsville and keeps reiterating that if only people would just follow the recipe on the bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce!!!

(Of course, that's assuming they're even using Frank's sauce......)

My favorite place for wings is Jack's place in Amherst (in the Marriott plaza on Millersport.) Had some on a recent visit -- Huge, crispy, perfect!

Outside of Buffalo, the best wings are made by my wife at home :lol:

The best wings I have had outside of WNY, besides the ones I make, were in a place in Charleston, SC. It had wings in the name of the place. At the door I asked if they were breaded or deep fried. They replied fried and I went in. they were good, but nothing like the ones in Buffalo.

The best wings I have had outside of WNY, besides the ones I make, were in a place in Charleston, SC. It had wings in the name of the place. At the door I asked if they were breaded or deep fried. They replied fried and I went in. they were good, but nothing like the ones in Buffalo.

382986[/snapback]

Best wings I've had outside of WNY were in a pub in Hong Kong.

They were sensational, so I asked the waitress how they

got these, she said the cook was raised in Buffalo and Chicago.

Forget the name of the place but I think it was Reilly's.

No Contest!!!

I was on a business trip recently in Toronto and ordered wings at a restaurant, figuring that they must be *reasonably* close to authentic.

They were horrible!!!  Mushy, goopy, chewy - worse than I can get in NYC.

In a friendly manner, I berated my waiter asking how the restaurant could be only 90 minutes from Buffalo and the wings be so terrible.  I didn't get much of an answer.

This also drives my wife crazy.  She's from Williamsville and keeps reiterating that if only people would just follow the recipe on the bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce!!!

(Of course, that's assuming they're even using Frank's sauce......)

My favorite place for wings is Jack's place in Amherst (in the Marriott plaza on Millersport.)  Had some on a recent visit -- Huge, crispy, perfect!

Outside of Buffalo, the best wings are made by my wife at home  :lol:

382784[/snapback]

It's absolutely amazing that, seemingly, no establishment outside of WNY can create a decent version of something so simple to make!

I think I've found two places here in Richmond that have "passable" wings. The best ones that I can get here are made by my brother and me.

there is a chain in sc called wild wings, could that be it?

383031[/snapback]

That chain is in Cincy. Never tried them. There was a franchise outfit called Buffalo Rings & Wings in this area - wings were very good, and they served excellent curly-Q fries from the whole fresh potatoe. They went downhill, though. I don't know if any of them survived.

Best wings I've had outside of WNY were in a pub in Hong Kong.

They were sensational, so I asked the waitress how they

got these, she said the cook was raised in Buffalo and Chicago.

Forget the name of the place but I think it was Reilly's.

382988[/snapback]

In Lan Kwai Fong?

383031[/snapback]

Might have been. It was in 1999. It was located in an area where ther were tons of other restraunts. I was sick of eating seafood and wanted something different.

383031[/snapback]

There used to be a restaurant in North Myrtle beach called 'Wild Wing Cafe'. I don't believe it's around anymore but they had good Buffalo wings and many TVs to watch sporting events. I watched a Bills/Iggles game there...the Bills won in a shutout. Maybe that's why the wings tasted so good? :rolleyes: