Another victim of the right-wing conspiracy

"Another of his passions was herpetology."

I wonder if Michael Vick also lists that as one of his hobbies.

363332[/snapback]

So was Medusa the first recorded case of Herpes...? :w00t:

An avid atheist,....He is survived by his wife, his step-daughter,  his brother,

his sisters, and his turtles Heidie, Skinhead and Studley and many other pets. A memorial service will be held Tuesday, June 21, 2005 .

What the hell is an avid atheist? Took out the names , except for the turtles!

If he's an avid atheist, whty was there a memorial service?

As a dues paying member of the VRWC, our plans are working! :blink::w00t:

Alas the stolen election of 2000 and living with right-winged Americans finally brought him to his early demise. Stress from living in this unjust country brought about several heart attacks rendering him disabled.

:w00t::blink: What, emigrating wasn't an option? "I can't stand this country. I'd leave...but, nah, I think I'll just stick around and die." :huh:

writing obituaries for tucson.com may not be the same as writing a speech for the President, but i'm glad to see John Kerry's speech writers were able to find work after the election

363717[/snapback]

Oh, I so disagree with you. If Kerry had speech writers like that, he would be President right now. :D

Maybe they'll make them into another variety of HotPockets®

364531[/snapback]

:D

I can see it now:

Turtle Taco HotPockets®

Turtle Pizza HotPockets®

Turtle Quesadilla HotPockets®

My God, the possibilities are endless!!!

Serious question.

Anyone besides me ever had any turtle soup?

We used to catch big snapping turtles, and my grandmother would make a turtle soup that was a lot like Manhattan clam chowder. No canned additives. Good stuff. Buffalo area, as well. They used to have big turtles, fish and other stuff in the '50s and '60's. Still do? I really haven't been around in about 25 years.

Oh, I so disagree with you. If Kerry had speech writers like that, he would be President right now.  ;)

364743[/snapback]

Besides with all the blah blah blah about the 2000 elections it's clear they were Gore's speech writers... :blink:

Serious question.

We used to catch big snapping turtles, and my grandmother would make a turtle soup that was a lot like Manhattan clam chowder. No canned additives. Good stuff. Buffalo area, as well. They used to have big turtles, fish and other stuff in the '50s and '60's. Still do? I really haven't been around in about 25 years.

364792[/snapback]

The girls saw a good sized one in our back yard just a couple of days ago, about 14-16 inches wide. We've seen bigger out this way, but this was a decent sized one.

No soup for us though...

Serious question.

364792[/snapback]

Aren't they protected?

What about contamination?

Snapping turtles are the largest of freshwater turtles? We get a lot of here where I work. They will move from the wetlands behind here and to the river. Sometimes you will see them on the esplanade. One time a guy fishing at the dam caught a huge one... He was "gonna take it home and eat it." :blink: Now, I don't know what is in the sediment here but, I know it isn't good? The same thing with the giant carp they pull from the river around here (30-40 plus pounds)... IT CAN'T BE SAFE! Yet, there are people that catch for subsistance in this area.

The only time I had turtle soup was in a NO 15 years ago.

Serious question.

364792[/snapback]

Mmmmm, turtles. Yeah I've had them, but in the Caymans. They actually have a farm there to raise them. Good stuff. But a good Chef (like me <_< ) can make anything taste good. You should try my braised '57 Chevy transmission with wild mushrooms, lardons and red wine. Mm-mmmm good and a good source of iron too!

You should try my braised '57 Chevy transmission with wild mushrooms, lardons and red wine.  Mm-mmmm good and a good source of iron too!

365812[/snapback]

For that dish, do you sautee your mushrooms in 10w30 or 10w40?

Time to resurrect what President Andrew Jackson said to Mr. Cheif Justice John Marshall when he made a certain decision..."let him enforce it".

That star chamber is not superior to the eleceted Legislature, despite that fool

Mr. Justice Hugo Black's "Wall of Seperation" utterance decades ago, and the mongrelization of the Constitution that hence flowed.

Mr. Justice O.W. Holmes (1902 - 1932 tenure) bespoke in strong terms against legislating from the bench for years and years, and the folly in not doing the simple duty of determining the facts of the law as passed and agreed to by the People as expressed via their elected legislature.

If you would like to study about how this group of nine can make spectacularly flawed descisions in opposition to the Constitution, study the Dred Scott decision and Mr. Justice Benjamin Curtis's and Mr. Justice McLean's dissents.

Oh, the 5th Amendment:

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

If confiscation by the State occurs, just compensation should be the value after the grab. IMO. Quite a bit more than the current house values.

A local city here, Norwood, OH pulled this recently - a developement company wanted to build and expand - greately - a current mall property (that the original developement of and the reckless devotion of tax money to that project esessentially put the City of Norwood into receivership). So the idea was to raze the homes of a section of town. It wasn't about better sewage, road access, utilities and so forth - all legit emminent domain reasons.

The city "fathers" hired an outfit that - you invarribly get the result you want when you employ a hired gun - that predictably declared the area blighted. The case went to the local, State, and then the Federal courts. Susan Dlott, appointed to the federal judiciary by the Clinton adninistration and wife of noted liability lawyer and DNC contributor Stanley Chesley, rendered a decision to oust the citizens so that Norwood's tax base could expand.

Party on, developers! So the bulldozers rolled in.

If you are from the area, and are in the legal business you probably have formed an opinion about Dlott's qualifications. Of course, if you express an opinion, you may have some...er...undefined and vague problems with your cases... <_<

I live 10 miles from Norwood, but I know the are under attack and it was far from a blighted area. Nice homes, older, mowed lawns, gardens, plenty of local businesses near at hand which would certainly have been chased out long ago if it was a "blighted" area.

I hope (and sadly doubt) that Congress with act to reverse this grab of the bedrock - personal property rights.

5 justices remind me of King George.

End of rant.

For that dish, do you sautee your mushrooms in 10w30 or 10w40?

365818[/snapback]

Well of course that would depend on what wine you were serving with that dish. PM me with the type of wine and I will recommend a good weight motor oil in which to saute those mushrooms. :lol: