New York Times follies

And that’s precisely why The NY Times is lying and fear mongering.  

They know Democrats won’t watch or read it.

So…..  

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment," he began. "I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."

Butker continued, “Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."

Speaking about his wife, Butker said, “I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother."

He said that he is "beyond blessed" because Isabelle "would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: Homemaker.”

"Isabelle's dream of having a career might not have come true, but if you ask her today if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud without hesitation, and say, 'Hey, no.'"

Later, he addressed the male graduates directly, advising them to “be unapologetic in your masculinity," and to "fight against the cultural emasculation of men," in his speech.

"To the gentlemen here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or our communities," Butker said.

"As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in. This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation."

https://people.com/chiefs-harrison-butker-criticized-graduation-speech-attacking-working-women-quoting-taylor-swift-8648547

”One of their most important titles.”

Little differ then “their most important title.”

Which by the way - it is.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  It’s absolutely vital.  

Liberals are trash humans.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And that’s precisely why The NY Times is lying and fear mongering.  

They know Democrats won’t watch or read it.

So…..  

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment," he began. "I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."

Butker continued, “Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."

Speaking about his wife, Butker said, “I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother."

He said that he is "beyond blessed" because Isabelle "would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: Homemaker.”

"Isabelle's dream of having a career might not have come true, but if you ask her today if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud without hesitation, and say, 'Hey, no.'"

Later, he addressed the male graduates directly, advising them to “be unapologetic in your masculinity," and to "fight against the cultural emasculation of men," in his speech.

"To the gentlemen here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or our communities," Butker said.

"As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in. This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation."

https://people.com/chiefs-harrison-butker-criticized-graduation-speech-attacking-working-women-quoting-taylor-swift-8648547

”One of their most important titles.”

Little differ then “their most important title.”

Which by the way - it is.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  It’s absolutely vital.  

Liberals are trash humans.  

Good for him. These are his beliefs, and I have no reason to believe that they are not sincere.

And think about it: which NFL players have been blackballed/had their careers ended for expressing their beliefs openly? Liberals or conservatives?

Kaepernick never played again. Butker will be kicking off on the Thursday after Labor Day.

Then think about the right's persecution complex and how out of touch with reality it is ...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good for him. These are his beliefs, and I have no reason to believe that they are not sincere.

And think about it: which NFL players have been blackballed/had their careers ended for expressing their beliefs openly? Liberals or conservatives?

Kaepernick never played again. Butker will be kicking off on the Thursday after Labor Day.

Then think about the right's persecution complex and how out of touch with reality it is ...

The Kaepernick story has reached urban legend status.  He had a contract with 9ers and opted  out.  According to the Broncos, he was offered a deal and passed.   There are also rumors he turned down an offer to play with the Seahawks.   Finally, he made in excess of $43,000,000 while in the NFL.   All the persecuted should be so lucky. 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Kaepernick story has reached urban legend status.  He had a contract with 9ers and opted  out.  According to the Broncos, he was offered a deal and passed.   There are also rumors he turned down an offer to play with the Seahawks.   Finally, he made in excess of $43,000,000 while in the NFL.   All the persecuted should be so lucky. 

He also settled a lawsuit alleging collusion by NFL owners, and walked away with a good chunk of change. One can only infer that the NFL's lawyers saw a significant risk that he could prove collusion.

But the larger point: people will criticize Butker and Aaron Rodgers, etc., but they will suffer no adverse consequences to their careers.

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thank you for doing a deep dive and providing one example that suits your view. Now do Hollywood. 

Whining about the “right’s persecution complex” after weeks of watching leftist students whine about being denied basic humanitarian aid at their sit-ins. Good god, man. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He also settled a lawsuit alleging collusion by NFL owners, and walked away with a good chunk of change. One can only infer that the NFL's lawyers saw a significant risk that he could prove collusion.

But the larger point: people will criticize Butker and Aaron Rodgers, etc., but they will suffer no adverse consequences to their careers.

And how many players are still in the league that kneeled - still do or don’t come out during the anthem. 

Support gun control, etc.  

Support Biden.  

Oh wait……realignment is happening.  My bad.

Kap isn’t in the league bc he wasn’t good anymore AND not worth the controversial lightning rod he’d become.  But it was much more the former.  Saw what a disaster he was right here in Buffalo in his last season.   

There isn’t anything controversial that Butker is saying except to a remaining small minority of the country that likes abortion, woke ideology (Maoism), Biden, and the emasculation of men.  

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's the only thing a person can infer? My inference is that the NFL didn't want to go to court and worked a settlement for marketing reasons.

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Thank you for doing a deep dive and providing one example that suits your view. Now do Hollywood. 

Whining about the “right’s persecution complex” after weeks of watching leftist students whine about being denied basic humanitarian aid at their sit-ins. Good god, man. 

Whiners everywhere. Even whining like a b!tch about the emasculation of men. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There isn’t anything controversial that Butker is saying except to a remaining small minority of the country that likes abortion, woke ideology (Maoism), Biden, and the emasculation of men.  

Nothing more manly than a kicker.  One who cried when talking about his wife.   

4 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

God forbid he thinks differently than you. How dangerous. Ladies and gentlemen, the left in a nutshell.

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t think that’s the “only” inference at all.  It may be as you suggest—the likelihood that he could prove collusion because it occurred.  There’s also the possibility that they felt strongly they would prevail, but that a jury might find in favor of CK regardless.  Or, that prolonging the matter further would do irreparable harm to the brand, and that the cost of winning might prove to be too expensive during a very tumultuous time.  Or, that they did not want to become involved in a trial that would reveal the inner workings of the league. 

Finally, let’s address that CK, on his quest for justice, also settled.  One can infer the dialogue with his counsel included all of the elements as well—win, loss, settle.  He chose to settle as well. 

On the larger point, what CK, HB and AR did are not the same thing.  

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The people that can’t define woman or man have zero authority to speak on what Butker is talking about in reference to the vital roles each have to society.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The people that can’t define woman or man have zero authority to speak on what Butker is talking about in reference to the vital roles each have to society.  

Hey I'm all for keeping them barefoot and pregnant.   Whose idea was it to let them drive?  We've all seen what a disaster that's been.  

The first time I heard the narrative about women being added to the workforce for increase in gdp and to keep wages down/ vs it being a good thing.

Was from a feminist.  You know.

Bigotry.  Being intolerant of others opinions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1