Athletic subscription problems

18 hours ago, Utah John said:

Is anyone else having trouble logging into your Athletic subscription?  My email/password don't work, and the system does not send me a link to update my password.  I renewed my subscription for a year, last September.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to get help without logging in first.

mine keeps trying to send me to the NY Times log In when i see a linked story. i just go right to The Athletic App and log in from there. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Without my permission the BN just renewed by digital subscription for $150 for 6 months.  I called, ended up with someone in the Philippines.  Didn’t know they dumped the local customer service.  I got my price to where it was previously at $90 for 6 months, and even with that, I may be done after this period ends. 

I was signed up for auto-renewal and got a notice that the new renewal rate would be $29.99 per month.  No thank you.  So...I called the "local" number and yes, got the call center with someone with a dialect.  She offered me 3 free months and $4.99 per month thereafter.  I took it but expected the renewal 5/12.  Prior to that, I did check my online account that was still earmarked auto-renewal and it reflected the price she quoted me.  On 5/12 my account was blank, but I was still able to access the e-edition.  Then yesterday, I saw my account was permanently stopped.  That's when I called today and found out their issues.  The associate couldn't even check online to see if my account will/did renew.  

I want to support local newspapers, but the price has to be reasonable.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Without my permission the BN just renewed by digital subscription for $150 for 6 months.  I called, ended up with someone in the Philippines.  Didn’t know they dumped the local customer service.  I got my price to where it was previously at $90 for 6 months, and even with that, I may be done after this period ends. 

I had a kefuffel w them about renewal.  The wanted over $800 for the year of digital.  I just dropped them .   To many issues recent times.  Based on my friends input, I am thinking they may go under, lots of cancellations.

For anyone else still struggling with The Athletic, you can call the NY Times help desk at 855-698-1150.  I did this and now am back with access.  Apparently they switched their servers or something and that caused the problem.