What If… Bills Draft Game 2024

There are SO many possibilities in the draft, I thought maybe it would be fun to play a little game to explore the different potential outcomes.

- It doesn’t matter if the Bills will realistically be targeting this player or not.

- It doesn’t matter if it’s a position of need or not.

- It doesn’t matter if this player will be on the board or not. 

Start off naming 1 prospect.
Another poster says how that prospect would impact the roster if drafted by the team (role, stats, depth chart position) 

After, they’ll name another prospect and another poster will reply in the same fashion. 

I think this is a good exercise to get us thinking about all the impactful players that could get drafted here, even if it’s not someone we expect. Get creative and weird. 

I’ll start us off: WR Troy Franklin 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There are SO many possibilities in the draft, some realistic and unrealistic, I thought maybe it would be fun to play a little game to explore the different potential impacts. The title is a work in progress. 

Here is how this will work, I’m going to start off naming 1 prospect. You will tell me how you this that prospect would impact the roster if drafted by the team. 

After, name another prospect and another poster will reply with what they think their impact would be on this team.

I think this is a good exercise to get us thinking about all the impactful players that could get drafted here, even if it’s not someone we expect. 

It doesn’t matter if the Bills acquiring said talent is realistic or not. 

Honestly, it would maybe be more fun a game to go back into the last and say how a prospect that we the fans (a large enough consensus anyway) wanted would have sent a ripple effect to the product we see today. 

Example: Josh Rosen. 

Would McDermott have weathered that storm? Would we have a new GM? What about the QB now? Are we set or are we arguing that Tua would be a great get if he hits FA? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• TheyCallMeAndy changed the title to What If… Bills Draft Game 2024
4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There are SO many possibilities in the draft, some realistic and unrealistic, I thought maybe it would be fun to play a little game to explore the different potential impacts. The title is a work in progress. 

Here is how this will work, I’m going to start off naming 1 prospect. You will tell me how you this that prospect would impact the roster if drafted by the team. 

After, name another prospect and another poster will reply with what they think their impact would be on this team.

I think this is a good exercise to get us thinking about all the impactful players that could get drafted here, even if it’s not someone we expect. 

Troy Franklin obviously interests the Bills, but I don’t think he is worth a late first round pick.  He would certainly have a chance to help the Bills passing offense right away, but I have a lot of reservations about him.  I think the number of visits and workouts he has had with the Bills means that they are still not sure what to make of him.  Is he what he looked like on film or is he what he looked like at the Combine?  I think at minimum he can be Gabe Davis - better in the passing game, but nowhere near the blocker Davis is.  I’m concerned about inconsistent hands, his thin stature and whether he can become a more refined route runner.  If he reaches his potential, he might become a good deep threat who can make plays at the intermediate level as DBs will have to respect his deep speed.  I don’t think he will be dominant, but he could be good+.

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

No one? 👎🏻

No one has an opinion on what Troy Franklin or Marvin Harrison would look like on the Bills?

Kool-aid McKinstry?

I think McKinstry would be interesting.  I don’t think it’s out of the question that he could beat out Douglas or Benford.  CB is a much bigger need than many think.

I’ll play: how would Chop Robinson, Laiatu Latu or Jared Verse impact the Bills?

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Troy Franklin obviously interests the Bills, but I don’t think he is worth a late first round pick.  He would certainly have a chance to help the Bills passing offense right away, but I have a lot of reservations about him.  I think the number of visits and workouts he has had with the Bills means that they are still not sure what to make of him.  Is he what he looked like on film or is he what he looked like at the Combine?  I think at minimum he can be Gabe Davis - better in the passing game, but nowhere near the blocker Davis is.  I’m concerned about inconsistent hands, his thin stature and whether he can become a more refined route runner.  If he reaches his potential, he might become a good deep threat who can make plays at the intermediate level as DBs will have to respect his deep speed.  I don’t think he will be dominant, but he could be good+.

I think McKinstry would be interesting.  I don’t think it’s out of the question that he could beat out Douglas or Benford.  CB is a much bigger need than many think.

I’ll play: how would Chop Robinson, Laiatu Latu or Jared Verse impact the Bills?

Thank you!

Robinson, Latu, and Verse: Crazy enough, probably DE3/4 unless Von looks horrible. High potential though and would all still see plenty of snaps in the rotation with opportunities to rush the passer. 

What does Cooper Dejean look like at Safety? 

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Thank you!

Robinson, Latu, and Verse: Crazy enough, probably DE3/4 unless Von looks horrible. High potential though and would all still see plenty of snaps in the rotation with opportunities to rush the passer. 

What does Cooper Dejean look like at Safety? 

I think DeJean would make an outstanding S, but I think Late first is a bit early for S. 

Back to the DEs, I think any of those 3 are likely better out of the gate than any DE currently on the roster, but Miller likely still starts, at least early season out of deference to his great career.  As you can tell, I’m not optimistic that Miller can bounce back from last season - I of course hope that he can.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think DeJean would make an outstanding S, but I think Late first is a bit early for S. 

Back to the DEs, I think any of those 3 are likely better out of the gate than any DE currently on the roster, but Miller likely still starts, at least early season out of deference to his great career.  As you can tell, I’m not optimistic that Miller can bounce back from last season - I of course hope that he can.

No draft rounds in this; just how a prospect would fit on the team. 

I think Cooper could be potential ROTY in this scheme. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He's Jalen Hyatt with better route running ability. Jalen Hyatt 6'0 176 lbs. ran a 4.40 and many here loved the speed coming out of Tennessee, he is raw and needs to work on his route tree. Troy Franklin is 6'2" 176 lbs out of Oregon, ran a 4.41 40, has deep speed but much better route tree. He's labeled a late 1st to mid 2nd round prospect that the Bills have now brought in for a top 30 visit, a private workout and met with him at the combine so they really like him and he's an interesting prospect for sure.

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He's Jalen Hyatt with better route running ability. Jalen Hyatt 6'0 176 lbs. ran a 4.40 and many here loved the speed coming out of Tennessee, he is raw and needs to work on his route tree. Troy Franklin is 6'2" 176 lbs out of Oregon, ran a 4.41 40, has deep speed but much better route tree. He's labeled a late 1st to mid 2nd round prospect that the Bills have now brought in for a top 30 visit, a private workout and met with him at the combine so they really like him and he's an interesting prospect for sure.

The Bills could be drawing attention to the kid so other teams do as well, pushing who the Bills really like one step closer to pick 28. 

Having top evaluators can allow organizations to play slicker poker with acquisitions, trades, drafts, contracts, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

Troy Franklin. Not worth it at 28. Give me Mitchell.

I like Franklin in that 37-60 range.

Good pick if we end up trading back to early 40s and get more draft capital.  If Bills want to double-dip at receiver then I would strongly consider trading up for him at Philly's 2nd second round pick at #53 if Leggette is not available. If there are 3-4 prospects at several positions a few picks before #60 and Franklin goes before #53, then BPA on their draft board that fits a need at DE/DT/S/C/OT.

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The Bills could be drawing attention to the kid so other teams do as well, pushing who the Bills really like one step closer to pick 28. 

Having top evaluators can allow organizations to play slicker poker with acquisitions, trades, drafts, contracts, etc. 

It could be that but I think there is genuine interest which is warranted, he's a really good prospect in this class who improved his numbers each and every year and wound up with 81 receptions, 1,383 yards and 14 TD's. A good route tree , nice hands although did have some drops.

• Like (+1) 2

With MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze off the board, the Bills move to draft Bowers TE. 

What does this look like? Catch and run mismatch TEs on the field all the time. R2, get a WR. 

There is no question that the Bills hit WR HEAVY. They have no choice at all. The best ball player right now is Cook,,, then..? Shakir? Kincaid? Talk about unknowns considering this is a contender team, with a super young and inexperienced OC, and a defensive minded HC who is a liability to the offensive entity. 

What in the world would defenses do with Allen/Cook/Bowers/Kincaid/Legette/Samuel/

Mikey likesee

12 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What does this look like? Catch and run mismatch TEs on the field all the time. R2, get a WR. 

There is no question that the Bills hit WR HEAVY. They have no choice at all. The best ball player right now is Cook,,, then..? Shakir? Kincaid? Talk about unknowns considering this is a contender team, with a super young and inexperienced OC, and a defensive minded HC who is a liability to the offensive entity. 

What in the world would defenses do with Allen/Cook/Bowers/Kincaid/Legette/Samuel/

Mikey likesee

No one seems to want to play by the initial rules. I think the way it is supposed to work, you comment on a player, then propose someone else for the next poster to comment on, and so forth. Regardless, I'll comment on your comment on Bowers and propose someone to think about (and note: the game is not confined to pick #28, so you can name someone who would be picked later on.)

Some will think you are simply replicating Kincaid by choosing Bowers. I think Bowers can play outside some, and I'd be tempted to try that experiment, but you would have to trade up for Bowers about as far as you would trade up for maybe Odunze. You can trade up for Thomas at the same or lesser price point, and I would expect that is the route Beane would go if he made that investment.

Player for next poster to consider: T'Vondre Sweat.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If this guy makes it to 20...hopefully 24-26, you have to take him and then start wheeling and dealing to get back in the WR game.

I'm a no on Chop and Verse is long gone.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

No one seems to want to play by the initial rules. I think the way it is supposed to work, you comment on a player, then propose someone else for the next poster to comment on, and so forth. Regardless, I'll comment on your comment on Bowers and propose someone to think about (and note: the game is not confined to pick #28, so you can name someone who would be picked later on.)

Some will think you are simply replicating Kincaid by choosing Bowers. I think Bowers can play outside some, and I'd be tempted to try that experiment, but you would have to trade up for Bowers about as far as you would trade up for maybe Odunze. You can trade up for Thomas at the same or lesser price point, and I would expect that is the route Beane would go if he made that investment.

I would love Sweat. How far will he fall? K.C getting him would make me ill.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

No one? 👎🏻

No one has an opinion on what Troy Franklin or Marvin Harrison would look like on the Bills?

Kool-aid McKinstry?

all the opinions are already posted in the 6 other “who should the bills draft/WR” threads bro

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

all the opinions are already posted in the 6 other “who should the bills draft/WR” threads bro

This isn’t a “who should Bills draft” thread (although it’s what it turned into).

It’s a thread that’s supposed to be about what ANY draft prospect would look like on this team and what their role/production would look like, regardless of pick or position. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he would really fortify the IDL and would see plenty of snaps as a rookie, from both DT spots. We’d see definitely go into next year with him and Oliver the starters.

Good pick!

Here is one (trigger warning): Johnathan Brooks - RB 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Mikey likesee

The only problem with this idea is that Brock Bowers will not go lower than #15. I doubt Bills will trade away that many picks for a TE which would then make it even more unlikely that they will have their second rounder to get Leggette.

Bowers is a great prospect. Unfortunately, picking at #28 does not help. Nice thought though.

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

The only problem with this idea is that Brock Bowers will not go lower than #15. I doubt Bills will trade away that many picks for a TE which would then make it even more unlikely that they will have their second rounder to get Leggette.

Bowers is a great prospect. Unfortunately, picking at #28 does not help. Nice thought though.

Not looking at when/where/if it’s a need, just the actual impact. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

The thread has some back and forth conversations in it. So let me ask you about this Sweat. He a BIG man! Love him as a person, from what I see. Is he a projected R1 pick?

EVERY team could use him, and I hope he has a great NFL career, but I’m just not sure how valuable this sort of player is to this Bills team. An obvious run stuffer, space eater. But does he have to be doubled? If he’s not quick enough to beat a very good inside OLineman, and/or fast enough to move ten yards to disrupt a rolling QB, the Bills should use their top picks on pass catchers. I’m pretty set on that given this team’s current weapons. 

If a move up is to be made, there are three—up to top 6; up to top 12, up to top 20ish. All depends which WR is available. 

I think we all like BTJ as the 4th WR..? So move to 20 and give up a R2 pick for that? He better be a sure thing in the Bills war room. To do that, there has to be some scouts who believe he’ll be a better pro than at least one top three guy. 

What if somehow Bowers is there at 12-15? I think he’s better than Kincaid, and if he is, and this board is correct that Kincaid is the next Kelce (which he’s not obviously) then how could anyone here disagree with a trade up to the mid teens for two Travis Kelces on the team. Absolute no freaking brainer. I know it sounds like a fantasy type of What-if, but it’s not at all. The Patriots drafted a murderer to get there. And Kelce has KILLED us. We, if anyone should, know that two Kelces is an absolute game changer. 

Right now, forget about the cost of trades and any WRs that could be drafted after R1, would you take Bowers or BTJ? 

A big reason why I like it even more is because it guarantees the Bills have to still hit WR again in R2 hopefully. 

This thread is about the first round, and I don’t really know what else there is to talk about expect WRs.. stay, trade.. whatever. If the eventual pick isn’t a WR, I’ll be wondering WTF. 

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The thread has some back and forth conversations in it. So let me ask you about this Sweat. He a BIG man! Love him as a person, from what I see. Is he a projected R1 pick?

EVERY team could use him, and I hope he has a great NFL career, but I’m just not sure how valuable this sort of player is to this Bills team. An obvious run stuffer, space eater. But does he have to be doubled? If he’s not quick enough to beat a very good inside OLineman, and/or fast enough to move ten yards to disrupt a rolling QB, the Bills should use their top picks on pass catchers. I’m pretty set on that given this team’s current weapons. 

If a move up is to be made, there are three—up to top 6; up to top 12, up to top 20ish. All depends which WR is available. 

I think we all like BTJ as the 4th WR..? So move to 20 and give up a R2 pick for that? He better be a sure thing in the Bills war room. To do that, there has to be some scouts who believe he’ll be a better pro than at least one top three guy. 

What if somehow Bowers is there at 12-15? I think he’s better than Kincaid, and if he is, and this board is correct that Kincaid is the next Kelce (which he’s not obviously) then how could anyone here disagree with a trade up to the mid teens for two Travis Kelces on the team. Absolute no freaking brainer. I know it sounds like a fantasy type of What-if, but it’s not at all. The Patriots drafted a murderer to get there. And Kelce has KILLED us. We, if anyone should, know that two Kelces is an absolute game changer. 

Right now, forget about the cost of trades and any WRs that could be drafted after R1, would you take Bowers or BTJ? 

A big reason why I like it even more is because it guarantees the Bills have to still hit WR again in R2 hopefully. 

This thread is about the first round, and I don’t really know what else there is to talk about expect WRs.. stay, trade.. whatever. If the eventual pick isn’t a WR, I’ll be wondering WTF. 

I guess I misinterpreted the game rules. No, Sweat is not a first round pick, and he won't be selected there. After his DWI issue, he may fall a bit, but probably someone will take him late 2nd or 3rd round. I think he's going to be a good player, provided he grows up a bit and keeps his weight somewhat in check.

The problem with Bowers and Kincaid is that neither is really a traditional TE. They both would naturally take up the same spot, though I think Bowers has somewhat greater downfield speed. What kind of formation are you running? Thomas just naturally fills the X role, and Josh seems more comfortable playing 11, rather than 12 personnel.

And I don't think you can just say, take Bowers and figure it out, or take Bowers and get rid of Knox. Knox is a traditional TE, and we need that player. But I'm an UGA fan. I love Bowers and McConkey. I think they're both going to be very good pros. I'm just not sure what kind of offense you are running that sees both Kincaid and Bowers see the field for the majority of snaps, because they are similar players, overall, though I do think Bowers is somewhat more versatile. If there's a way to make it work, I'd be thrilled to see it. Since I can't really figure it out, I lean towards Thomas.

I don't think the conundrum will actually present itself. I think Bowers is likely gone before 12 - 15. 

And now that I have answered all that, I'll throw out an actual first round option that would be controversial. Cooper Dejean. Not to bias anything, but in my view, it's a mediocre safety draft, and though Dejean is listed as a CB, he's probably the best safety in the draft. Nubin is the only competition there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Sweat seems like an ideal player to replace Daquan Jones next year, except that his recent DUI and frequent weight problems are concerning.

How about: Ladd McAconkey?

16 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I guess I misinterpreted the game rules. No, Sweat is not a first round pick, and he won't be selected there. After his DWI issue, he may fall a bit, but probably someone will take him late 2nd or 3rd round. I think he's going to be a good player, provided he grows up a bit and keeps his weight somewhat in check.

The problem with Bowers and Kincaid is that neither is really a traditional TE. They both would naturally take up the same spot, though I think Bowers has somewhat greater downfield speed. What kind of formation are you running? Thomas just naturally fills the X role, and Josh seems more comfortable playing 11, rather than 12 personnel.

And I don't think you can just say, take Bowers and figure it out, or take Bowers and get rid of Knox. Knox is a traditional TE, and we need that player. But I'm an UGA fan. I love Bowers and McConkey. I think they're both going to be very good pros. I'm just not sure what kind of offense you are running that sees both Kincaid and Bowers see the field for the majority of snaps, because they are similar players, overall, though I do think Bowers is somewhat more versatile. If there's a way to make it work, I'd be thrilled to see it. Since I can't really figure it out, I lean towards Thomas.

I don't think the conundrum will actually present itself. I think Bowers is likely gone before 12 - 15. 

And now that I have answered all that, I'll throw out an actual first round option that would be controversial. Cooper Dejean. Not to bias anything, but in my view, it's a mediocre safety draft, and though Dejean is listed as a CB, he's probably the best safety in the draft. Nubin is the only competition there.

Stinks. Didn’t know about the legal troubles. 

How do you see Dejean panning out in our defense? I like where you going with this because I think we have a cool little thing with the Bills — a safeties legacy. Poyer and Hyde set a standard and I’d love to get that back asap.

I have to trust that the organization will capitalize on the example those two have given them. That’s the mould we need to be looking for. Their interchangeable qualities were hugely aggressive to and at the ball, and fearless tackling. Having two guys back there that compliment each other so well was the most significant thing a McDermott defense has accomplished during his tenure. So absolutely, I can see the desire to address that. After WR.

Next player. Looking to get to the QB. Darius or Chop Robinson. The Bills DESPERATELY need to disrupt QB, and right now I don’t see how they are going to do that consistently. 

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This isn’t a “who should Bills draft” thread (although it’s what it turned into).

It’s a thread that’s supposed to be about what ANY draft prospect would look like on this team and what their role/production would look like, regardless of pick or position. 

I think he would really fortify the IDL and would see plenty of snaps as a rookie, from both DT spots. We’d see definitely go into next year with him and Oliver the starters.

Good pick!

Here is one (trigger warning): Johnathan Brooks - RB 

yeah that's every "who should the bills draft" thread on page 1...

40 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Sweat seems like an ideal player to replace Daquan Jones next year, except that his recent DUI and frequent weight problems are concerning.

Honestly I think McAconkey fits the offense well, and can play a few different WR spots. Like any WR drafted, he’s probably “target number 5 or 6” but should get plenty of action. 

How about LG Keaton Bills 👌🏻

55 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I'm a McConkey fan. Some fella, I forget who, but it was an astute comment, said that McConkey could play the role that Diggs had in the offense, except that Diggs had more vertical downfield distance prowess, whereas McConkey runs most of his routes taking advantage of horizontal space and cuts into the middle of the field. What I insist on is that McConkey is not just a "gritty slot receiver," which is the narrative many push with regard to him. My sense is that a lot of folks see Franklin as the more obvious successor to Diggs. I think both are possible, and I see why folks like Franklin. I happen to prefer McConkey. 

How about Graham Barton?

53 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

How do you see Dejean panning out in our defense? I like where you going with this because I think we have a cool little thing with the Bills — a safeties legacy. Poyer and Hyde set a standard and I’d love to get that back asap.

I have to trust that the organization will capitalize on the example those two have given them. That’s the mould we need to be looking for. Their interchangeable qualities were hugely aggressive to and at the ball, and fearless tackling. Having two guys back there that compliment each other so well was the most significant thing a McDermott defense has accomplished during his tenure. So absolutely, I can see the desire to address that. After WR.

Next player. Looking to get to the QB. Darius or Chop Robinson. The Bills DESPERATELY need to disrupt QB, and right now I don’t see how they are going to do that consistently. 

I think both Robinsons are reaches at the bottom of the first. Chop has quick twitch traits, and could develop into a genuine edge threat. I don't think he's worth the investment at #28, but he's the sort of player I can see McD liking. Darius is a different kind of DL player. He is more versatile. You can move him inside. I'd like him as a second round selection, but he's even more of a reach than Chop in the first, I think. Latu is a medical risk, and he may fall because teams are wary of it. It's easier to make a case for him as a first round selection, but that concern is genuine, imo.

How about AD Mitchell?

3 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I really like Chop Robinson.   He has every athletic trait you could want with the exception of having longer arms.  He does need to develop more pass rush moves, but similar can be said about any WR the team can expect to find available at 28 with the exception of McConkey and probably Mitchell and Pearsall.  I know that any player except a WR in the first round will be hugely unpopular with many fans, but it is more a hope and prayer that Miller will be able to give the team much than it is an expectation, so pass rush is a huge need as is WR.

How about Jehrzan Newton?

Edited by OldTimer1960

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm a McConkey fan. Some fella, I forget who, but it was an astute comment, said that McConkey could play the role that Diggs had in the offense, except that Diggs had more vertical downfield distance prowess, whereas McConkey runs most of his routes taking advantage of horizontal space and cuts into the middle of the field. What I insist on is that McConkey is not just a "gritty slot receiver," which is the narrative many push with regard to him. My sense is that a lot of folks see Franklin as the more obvious successor to Diggs. I think both are possible, and I see why folks like Franklin. I happen to prefer McConkey. 

How about Graham Barton?

I think both Robinsons are reaches at the bottom of the first. Chop has quick twitch traits, and could develop into a genuine edge threat. I don't think he's worth the investment at #28, but he's the sort of player I can see McD liking. Darius is a different kind of DL player. He is more versatile. You can move him inside. I'd like him as a second round selection, but he's even more of a reach than Chop in the first, I think. Latu is a medical risk, and he may fall because teams are wary of it. It's easier to make a case for him as a first round selection, but that concern is genuine, imo.

How about AD Mitchell?

Is Mitchell the loud mouth? On the field, what’s not to like. Big, fast, strong. 

So my bs take is that his feet are slow at the line of scrimmage. Hands might be slow too. I saw a lot of in-stride running on his YouTube highlight vid. …Wondering why he got caught on one of those against the maroon team…🤔

Here’s my even more awful assumption.. maybe he runs faster without pads… some guys are most definitely like that. On the vid, I didn’t really see speed+quickness,, just kind of a nice strider’s glide. I wonder how quickly he can locate the ball, break down and get his hands up for a contested catch, on like a 40yd sideline something. I believe Josh needs a guy that can do that. It’s a throw he wants to make, and I think he’s good at it, but his WR haven’t been good at it. 

You know who can do that..??😎 Top three WRs🤗

Anyways.. I would rather have Worthy plus that value of drafting him in R2, than Michell at 28. Two totally different styles. 

How about Worthy-???

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Is Mitchell the loud mouth? On the field, what’s not to like. Big, fast, strong. 

So my bs take is that his feet are slow at the line of scrimmage. Hands might be slow too. I saw a lot of in-stride running on his YouTube highlight vid. …Wondering why he got caught on one of those against the maroon team…🤔

Here’s my even more awful assumption.. maybe he runs faster without pads… some guys are most definitely like that. On the vid, I didn’t really see speed+quickness,, just kind of a nice strider’s glide. I wonder how quickly he can locate the ball, break down and get his hands up for a contested catch, on like a 40yd sideline something. I believe Josh needs a guy that can do that. It’s a throw he wants to make, and I think he’s good at it, but his WR haven’t been good at it. 

You know who can do that..??😎 Top three WRs🤗

Anyways.. I would rather have Worthy plus that value of drafting him in R2, than Michell at 28. Two totally different styles. 

How about Worthy-???

I'm going to cheat and say I like Mitchell. I think he does a lot of things well. There may be whispers about character issues. I don't know, really, but on the field, the main criticism is that he coasts when the ball isn't coming to him. Folks compare him to the Steelers' WR, Pickens. I don't know if that is overblown or not, but I do know that Mitchell has a habit of making clutch plays in big games, and that is something we could surely use.

Worthy is a fast feather. He's more than a speed fella, though. He has a more developed route tree, and he could be a real weapon. I still worry about his size, and a lot of very fast WRs for whatever reason don't translate into NFL success. If you take him, unless Shorter turns out well, a big X who can block and catch is still a need in the WR room, so Worthy by himself is not enough.

How about Jackson Powers-Johnson?

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm going to cheat and say I like Mitchell. I think he does a lot of things well. There may be whispers about character issues. I don't know, really, but on the field, the main criticism is that he coasts when the ball isn't coming to him. Folks compare him to the Steelers' WR, Pickens. I don't know if that is overblown or not, but I do know that Mitchell has a habit of making clutch plays in big games, and that is something we could surely use.

Worthy is a fast feather. He's more than a speed fella, though. He has a more developed route tree, and he could be a real weapon. I still worry about his size, and a lot of very fast WRs for whatever reason don't translate into NFL success. If you take him, unless Shorter turns out well, a big X who can block and catch is still a need in the WR room, so Worthy by himself is not enough.

How about Jackson Powers-Johnson?

Ahh now you’re talking. The essence of every football team is the Big Nasties. They are the only true brotherhood room in the building. 

My limited football experience is from the view of quarterback, wr, cb, and fs. I would be thrilled if the Bills hired Joe Thomas to scout, and integrate his evaluations into the OBD final OLine rankings and final big board.

It’s all a mystery to me, but it shouldn’t be to a 1st ballot Hall of Famer that played on bad teams, with bad players, and bad coaches. When I watch film, I can’t tell how good the fat guys are because they slow down to attack lesser talented defenders. And then there’s the whole unpredictable bust factor.

But I’d think centers in general are more likely to take the game seriously than the other positions. So there’s that. 

I’m all for acquiring a center that becomes Josh’s dude for the next ten years. That role should be important to JA17. 

Jackson Johnson Jack Powers certainly looks the part and if the evaluators like him I’m all for it. Plus he wins the 2024 Draft name contest. Can’t take Kool Aid that seriously. 

What about Payton Wilson? We ALWAYS GET HURT AT LINEBACKER, and I’ll just leave it at that. Your thoughts?

Edited by Thrivefourfive

48 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Ahh now you’re talking. The essence of every football team is the Big Nasties. They are the only true brotherhood room in the building. 

My limited football experience is from the view of quarterback, wr, cb, and fs. I would be thrilled if the Bills hired Joe Thomas to scout, and integrate his evaluations into the OBD final OLine rankings and final big board.

It’s all a mystery to me, but it shouldn’t be to a 1st ballot Hall of Famer that played on bad teams, with bad players, and bad coaches. When I watch film, I can’t tell how good the fat guys are because they slow down to attack lesser talented defenders. And then there’s the whole unpredictable bust factor.

But I’d think centers in general are more likely to take the game seriously than the other positions. So there’s that. 

I’m all for acquiring a center that becomes Josh’s dude for the next ten years. That role should be important to JA17. 

Jackson Johnson Jack Powers certainly looks the part and if the evaluators like him I’m all for it. Plus he wins the 2024 Draft name contest. Can’t take Kool Aid that seriously. 

What about Payton Wilson? We ALWAYS GET HURT AT LINEBACKER, and I’ll just leave it at that. Your thoughts?

Payton Wilson is a big, impressive LB. If you just look at the highlights, you want him on your team. And I do like him, though we don't have the luxury of taking a LB that early. And then the negatives on him are several. He's an older player. He turns 24 on draft day, and has a long injury history. So in that sense, it's a little sketchy as an answer to our hurt linebacker problem. Also, apparently he has trouble shedding blocks, so if he doesn't beat the oline or te to the runner, he might disappear from the play. If I am taking a chance on a defensive player with injury concerns, it's going to be Latu.

What about Storm Duck? He's probably a ufa or seventh rounder. I just wanted to type Storm Duck.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Payton Wilson is a big, impressive LB. If you just look at the highlights, you want him on your team. And I do like him, though we don't have the luxury of taking a LB that early. And then the negatives on him are several. He's an older player. He turns 24 on draft day, and has a long injury history. So in that sense, it's a little sketchy as an answer to our hurt linebacker problem. Also, apparently he has trouble shedding blocks, so if he doesn't beat the oline or te to the runner, he might disappear from the play. If I am taking a chance on a defensive player with injury concerns, it's going to be Latu.

What about Storm Duck? He's probably a ufa or seventh rounder. I just wanted to type Storm Duck.

If Beane doesn’t draft “Storm Duck” at the end of the draft, I’m done. 

• Haha (+1) 1