TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 35th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Arizona "Draft Crushing" Cardinals select:  Darius Robinson, DT, Maryland

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are excited to bring in someone with the kind of versatility as Darius who can play inside and out on the Edge for us.  He brings a power at the point of attack and an ability to engage and shed blockers which we believe will bring immediate value to his ability to come in and compete early for us.  With his stout ability against the run and his continued growth in diversifying his pass rush moves, we believe he can be an anchor upfront for us for along time and thrilled to steal him here at the top of 2nd round.  

Having already added Odunze, Wiggins, and now Robinson  we feel we have really added to the future of both sides of the ball.  And because of our small trade downs, we still have 5 picks in the third round and 2 more in the 4th to use to really set an immediate foundation for the future of Cardinals football. 

Draft Recap: TRADES

#4 - Trade 4, 138, 162 for 6, 70, 107 

#27 - Trade 27 for 32 and 95

Cardinals still have a 2nd at pick 35 and now have 5 picks in the 3rd plus 2 more in the 4th to go with a couple late picks.

#6 - ROME ODUNZE, WR, WASHINGTON

#32 - NATE WIGGINS, CB, CLEMSON

#35 - DARIUS ROBINSON, DT, MARYLAND

If we were done here, this would be an A+++...but still most a 2nd round to go and we are sitting on 7 picks through rounds 3 and 4.  So maybe we see each other again soon ;) 

@H2oand the Washington NoSnyders are on the clock!

Missouri not Maryland tho

• Thank you (+1) 1

I ran a mock draft with a trade up in second round 

R1 Xavier Legette WR, South Carolina 

R2 Edgerrain Cooper, ILB, TEXAS a&M

R4 Beau Brade, S, Maryland 

R4 Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville 

R5 Evan Williams, S, Oregon

R5 Cornelius Johnson, Wr, Michigan 

R5 Anthony Gould, Wr, Oregon state

R6 Trajan Jeffcoat, DE, Arkansas 

R6 Tarheeb Still, CB, maryland

R7 Jordan Magee, ILB, temple 

With the 37th pick of the 2024 NFL entry draft the LA Chargers are proud to select Payton Wilson, LB, NC State. 

@qwksilver is now on the clock. 

Although tempted by a couple of Michigan players, Harbough decides to address the D after landing a playmaker in the 1st. Equally adept in coverage and against the run, Wilson should be a 3 down backer from day 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With the 37th pick of the 2024 NFL entry draft the LA Chargers are proud to select Payton Wilson, LB, NC State. 

@qwksilver is now on the clock. 

Although tempted by a couple of Michigan players, Harbough decides to address the D after landing a playmaker in the 1st. Equally adept in coverage and against the run, Wilson should be a 3 down backer from day 1. 

You skipped the commanders 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Wasn’t sure what to do, waited over 4 hours. 

The draft stops at 9p est, so he technically has until the morning. If he doesn’t pick by 10a, I’ll make it for him 

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The draft stops at 9p est, so he technically has until the morning. If he doesn’t pick by 10a, I’ll make it for him 

Ok, sorry, didn’t realize. I can pick after him in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 36th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select....... Ja'Tavion Sanders, Tight End, Texas.

We got our Franchise QB @ #2 in Caleb Williams and now we're surrounding him with weapons. Zach Ertz is 33 years old and Logan Thomas is gone. Sanders has the athleticism to attack the seams. He knows how to find the soft spot in Zone coverage and settle down. He is as reliable as they come catching the ball as he did not drop a single pass in 2023. He is great with contested catches not regarding life or limb and still coming down with the football. He is also good after the catch. When he sees open field, he kicks it into another gear. He has work to do in the blocking department, but we can coach that. We think we now have a gamebreaker at TE. 

@TOboy and the Chargers are now on the clock.

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Seems like a 3-4 guy to me, but he is versatile

Yea his best chance of NFL success is a 5T in a 3 man front. He isn't an edge IMO and he doesn't hold up enough to play inside in a 4-3 in anything other than pure pass rush situations.

Also I have a 3rd round grade on him. That was my grade from his tape and I went back after he had a great Senior Bowl week and I still thought he was a 3rd round grade. He has had a great pre-draft process though. Crushed the Senior Bowl and the Combine. Someone is going to talk themselves into him.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

You skipped the commanders 

Sorry, probably my fault in a way. Disappeared for a while during "peak" hours for most everyone else. He can just copy and repost now. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 37th pick of the 2024 NFL entry draft the LA Chargers are proud to select Payton Wilson, LB, NC State. 

@qwksilveris now on the clock. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (qwksilver) are on the clock

With the 38th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia.

As stated earlier WR is a sneaky need for the Titans. We have an out of Dhop after 2024 when he turns 32 if we need it. Plus our 1st rounder from two years ago, Treylon Burks hasn't proved his worth. So we add a piece that will help develop our young QB. Ladd is versatile enough to not just be our slot. We consider him a bigger faster version of Cole Beasley with more YAC production. Safety T Nubin was also a consideration but we will add defense on day 3.

@Virgil and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

Just did a mock using the Green Bay trade back 

First 7 picks:

41. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

62. Kamren Kinchens S Miami (FL)

88. Tanner Bortolini OC Wisconsin

128. Javon Solomon EDGE Troy

148. Gabe Hall DT Baylor

160. Elijah Jones CB Boston College

163. Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri State

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Commanders (H2o) are on the clock

With the 39th pick in TSW 2.0 draft, the Carolina Panthers select Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia.

While the front office ties between the Bills and Panthers have diminished over time, this pick felt like I was robbing my family.  Frazier has McD and Bills written all over him.  

Frazier is a four-year starter and three-time team captain who played center and guard at West Virginia. He was a four-time heavyweight wrestling champion in high school, and he's tough to beat once he locks onto defenders with his big hands. He has the quickness to reach and seal defenders on zone runs. Frazier has a nasty disposition and good finishing power. He gets set quickly, has a strong punch and anchors well in pass protection.

The Commanders @H2o are on the clock

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just did a mock using the Green Bay trade back 

First 7 picks:

41. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

62. Kamren Kinchens S Miami (FL)

88. Tanner Bortolini OC Wisconsin

128. Javon Solomon EDGE Troy

148. Gabe Hall DT Baylor

160. Elijah Jones CB Boston College

163. Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri State

Make that Troy Franklin at 41 and I'm very good with that draft.

I'm not a big fan in a players stock rising/falling based upon the draft.  Unless Franklin is hurt and there's lingering injury concerns, that's who I hope we get.  Unless people really think Legette is Tyreek 2.0 without the child abuse, it could be fun to see if he can outrun Josh's arm

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Make that Troy Franklin at 41 and I'm very good with that draft.

I'm not a big fan in a players stock rising/falling based upon the draft.  Unless Franklin is hurt and there's lingering injury concerns, that's who I hope we get.  Unless people really think Legette is Tyreek 2.0 without the child abuse, it could be fun to see if he can outrun Josh's arm

Franklin was gone.  But I agree with you.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 40th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select...... Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina. 

You thought we were playing when I said we were gonna Make Offense Great Again in the Nation's capital, didn't you? So far we've added our Franchise QB (Caleb Williams), the 2nd best TE prospect in the draft (Ja'Tavion Sanders), and here were take the freakishly athletic WR Xavier Legette. We are going to be hard to handle. Who are you gonna double? McLaurin? Dotson? Legette? Sanders? And teams still have to worry about Ekeler slipping out of the backfield. Yep. Kingsbury is gonna have defenses on rollerskates with this group.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail to victory!

Braves on the warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Oh yeah, the Commanders. 

@Virgil time for the Bills poll. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
9 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 40th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select...... Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina. 

You thought we were playing when I said we were gonna Make Offense Great Again in the Nation's capital, didn't you? So far we've added our Franchise QB (Caleb Williams), the 2nd best TE prospect in the draft (Ja'Tavion Sanders), and here were take the freakishly athletic WR Xavier Legette. We are going to be hard to handle. Who are you gonna double? McLaurin? Dotson? Legette? Sanders? And teams still have to worry about Ekeler slipping out of the backfield. Yep. Kingsbury is gonna have defenses on rollerskates with this group.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail to victory!

Braves on the warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Oh yeah, the Commanders. 

@Virgil time for the Bills poll. 

Can you feel that?  The collective of so many TSW fans hating you all at once?  Personally, I thank you for making the poll easier, but you definitely woke up and chose violence today 

• Haha (+1) 4