Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I can't say that's true for me (the "eager to put my boot on it" part).

I was surprised, taken aback, and I feel that the Bills are a worse team today than they were yesterday.

Brandon Beane agrees that we’re probably a little worse talent wise, and would still prefer to pay an extra $3M to show Diggs the door.

That’s enough for me to say good riddance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Watching the Buffalo Miami game on nfl network right now. Game is in early Oct 2023.

Diggs is tearing it up.

I'm going to miss him

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Speaking of boots, that is probably the game that earned a boot in the butt for Vic Fangio and a shot at DC for Anthony Weaver.  More to it of course, but he stubbornly kept Kader Kohou on Diggs when it was clear he might have achieved better coverage on Diggs with a Dolphins Cheerleader.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't know how much this hurts us as a team this season, but I do know those that are now ripping Diggs performance in the last half of the season and in the playoffs since he's no longer a Bill are probably not thinking about the attention he was getting which allowed guys like Shakir to make plays. That stuff matters, and now those players will have more attention coming their way. Just putting things in perspective a bit 

Another thing I want to comment on is that Beane has really done something very unlike him...which is to paint himself into a corner in the draft. Now the Bills have made it blatantly obvious that we need to draft wideouts, and early at that. What I'd like to see is for him to stand pat and draft a Legette, Mitchell, or Keon Coleman if he feels they are worthy of the spot they would be selected.

If Beane does decide to move up, then he better be absolutely positive he's getting a star because it's going to cost us alot this year and probably next as well

Beane also better hope the Texans don't beat us and advance further in the playoffs. That will make things even more embarrassing for a franchise that doesn't need anymore of that

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I was surprised, taken aback, and I feel that the Bills are a worse team today than they were yesterday.

It may be necessary surgery, I'm not in a position to judge.

This was a long time coming 

and imo the definition of addition by subtraction 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It may be necessary surgery, I'm not in a position to judge.

Fair enough and I was making a collective judgment about this board's sentiment. I am usually not condescending to any player, let alone a Bills ex-player. But clearly Diggs had over-stayed his welcome and it is now evident that many of us (me included) dont feel the tinge of sadness that they did with the other players this offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Fair enough and I was making a collective judgment about this board's sentiment. I am usually not condescending to any player, let alone a Bills ex-player. But clearly Diggs had over-stayed his welcome and it is now evident that many of us (me included) dont feel the tinge of sadness that they did with the other players this offseason. 

The "tinge of sadness" part is true.  I thought Morse seemed like 100% stand up guy, classy, took responsibility, but also came across as speaking his mind ("we've been yelling at that ***** to slide!").  Tre' White was a treasure.

Diggs did come across as petulant on the sidelines and certainly unwilling to fulfill his league-mandated press responsibilities, so I don't feel that "damn, we let a Good Man walk out of the room!"

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Until BB goes DL DL in the first two rounds.

Oh, you're Evil.  Evil, I tell you, Evil.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

spend the last year actively forcing your way out then play the good guy out the door is very on brand 

and some will eat it up

Of course they will

They see him hyping up teammates when he knows the camera's on and thought he was a leader

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

spend the last year actively forcing your way out then play the good guy out the door is very on brand 

and some will eat it up

Well, it's better than a kick in the teeth, but it reads to me as though it were carefully crafted by his own and/or the Bills PR team.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't know how much this hurts us as a team this season, but I do know those that are now ripping Diggs performance in the last half of the season and in the playoffs since he's no longer a Bill are probably not thinking about the attention he was getting which allowed guys like Shakir to make plays. That stuff matters, and now those players will have more attention coming their way. Just putting things in perspective a bit 

Another thing I want to comment on is that Beane has really done something very unlike him...which is to paint himself into a corner in the draft. Now the Bills have made it blatantly obvious that we need to draft wideouts, and early at that. What I'd like to see is for him to stand pat and draft a Legette, Mitchell, or Keon Coleman if he feels they are worthy of the spot they would be selected.

If Beane does decide to move up, then he better be absolutely positive he's getting a star because it's going to cost us alot this year and probably next as well

Beane also better hope the Texans don't beat us and advance further in the playoffs. That will make things even more embarrassing for a franchise that doesn't need anymore of that

Stop questioning Beane so much. Just enjoy the ride. 

7 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

This was a rube move made by a Rookie GM. 

Gap Diggs?

okay?

But don’t give him away for a few used GOAT deflated balls, cost your team a fortune, get nada in return and most importantly- do it BEFORE the Draft, rather than disguising it during!

Thereby getting the entire NFL to laugh at you when you come calling to move down for Odunze! And you better be getting an Odunze type after this situational FUBAR!

• Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 2

12 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

DC’s weren’t sweating Diggs 40 YPG output near the end there.

Sneed gets put on Diggs and erases him for 4 Q’s. He’s closer to an afterthought than you think. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, it's better than a kick in the teeth, but it reads to me as though it were carefully crafted by his own and/or the Bills PR team.

go read his Minnesota one- basically the same exact template. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

This was a rube move made by a Rookie GM. 

Gap Diggs?

okay?

But don’t give him away for a few used GOAT deflated balls, cost your team a fortune, get nada in return and most importantly- do it BEFORE the Draft, rather than disguising it during!

Thereby getting the entire NFL to laugh at you when you come calling to move down for Odunze! And you better be getting an Odunze type after this situational FUBAR!

This is what ive been saying. If im a possible trade partner with the bills….my price just went up. The bills no longer “want” a wide receiver. They “need” a wide reciever.