Serious interest developing in NC State March Madness Star DJ Burns playing LT in NFL

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dude just got manhandled by beanpole Zach Eedy

Ok,. I'll bite.  Zach Eedy is listed as 7' 4" and 300 lbs and probably weights a little more.  Maybe not quite the BMI of a typical NFL interior lineman but how is Eedy a beanpole?

Chet Holmgren is listed as 7' 1" and 209 lbs,  Victor Wembanyama is 7'4" and 210 lbs.  Those guys are beanpoles.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Ok,. I'll bite.  Zach Eedy is listed as 7' 4" and 300 lbs and probably weights a little more.  Maybe not quite the BMI of a typical NFL interior lineman but how is Eedy a beanpole?

Chet Holmgren is listed as 7' 1" and 209 lbs,  Victor Wembanyama is 7'4" and 210 lbs.  Those guys are beanpoles.

Edey's like a young Andre the Giant.

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

Eedy is fucking Frankenstein !

That's why Burns isn't built for the NBA.. he just doesn't have the length

44 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s Tim Duncan 2.0.

Super poor man's tim Duncan

I don't think he's a top five draft pick... Probably more of a role player in the NBA than a dominant star

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Eedy is fucking Frankenstein !

That's why Burns isn't built for the NBA.. he just doesn't have the length

Super poor man's tim Duncan

I don't think he's a top five draft pick... Probably more of a role player in the NBA than a dominant star

Edey is a Super slow Tim Duncan.  Zero chance of being a top ten pick, I am guessing early second round.

Edited by Billy Claude
spelling
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

11 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

Edey's like a young Andre the Giant.

image.png.a8c7a5619985559e3d6f2bd3701b6652.pngimage.png.4bd0aa1d266831d8741344375439366a.png

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

shaq was supposedly 325 and edey is 300? I don’t think he weighs that much. Who knows though. He has no touch around the rim 

On 4/2/2024 at 2:01 PM, Big Turk said:

Wouldn't be the first College Basketball star to transition to the NFL...

Usually they end up at TE tho like Antonio Gates or Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzalez...not sure I've ever heard of one becoming a left tackle before...

6'9" 275 lbs currently and his body is huge and could easily support 320+ lbs with likely little loss of mobility...

He has gotten the attention of NFL scouts, people in college personnel roles and GMs big time apparently with his performance at the tournament...dude looks like a ballerina in the low post.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nc-state-basketball-star-dj-burns-generating-nfl-interest-as-wolfpack-make-final-four-run/amp/

I remember one college TE who became an okay LT for the Bills and Eagles.

Maybe DJ could first become a TE and then become a LT.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

shaq was supposedly 325 and edey is 300? I don’t think he weighs that much. Who knows though. He has no touch around the rim 

Edey is listed as 300 lbs on the Purdue website.  Shaq claimed he was over 400 lbs during the 2002 season.

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/10/29/shaquille-oneal-says-he-weighed-over-400-pounds-during-lakers-2002-title-run

Edited by Billy Claude

He will get eaten alive in the NfL. Its a ridiculous idea, but would be entertaining to see….

Anyone remember when Brock Lesner thought he could play in the NFL also and tried out for the Vikings? He got destroyed and embarrassed in camp and preseason. 

On 4/7/2024 at 2:25 AM, Billy Claude said:

Edey is a Super slow Tim Duncan.  Zero chance of being a top ten pick, I am guessing early second round.

I've made bets on this forum before and willing to bet on this as well.  If anyone wants to risk $10 or $20 , edey will go top 15. I wouldn't even be shocked at tip 10 or top 5 but for the sake of the bet im offering top 15.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:07 PM, Irv said:

The guy looks unstoppable.  Why not just play in the NBA.  Who needs the knee injuries and concussions?  

I sat courtside two weeks ago at an NBA game - Timberwolves versus Warriors.  Draymond Green and Rudy Gobert going at each other was as physical as anything I have seen in a Football Game.  I left that game with the idea that NBA basketball is really a contact sport.  It wasn't the typical lean on each other stuff - it was shoulders and elbows and running starts...never drew a whistle.

Edited by JoeF

5 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I've made bets on this forum before and willing to bet on this as well.  If anyone wants to risk $10 or $20 , edey will go top 15. I wouldn't even be shocked at tip 10 or top 5 but for the sake of the bet im offering top 15.

I don't bet but are you saying Edey will be drafted in the top 15 or he wont be?

I am thinking probably early second round but maybe someone will take a flyer on him and pick him late in the first. See if he can develop into a poor man's Jokic.

He just seem to be too slow to be any more than a 10 minute a game guy in todays NBA.