Pass rusher. A huge need not being talked about enough

DJB

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

If I knew how I'd be coaching professional football

Teams like KC and Cincinnati are somehow able to perform above their regular season level on defense in the playoffs

We have seen the opposite phenomenon

Hire Spags to coach our defense?  All for it.  Send a letter to One Bills Drive.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We had a lot more talent than that Bengals offensive line

Per Pro Football Reference, the Bills started Rousseau, Lawson, Ankou and Settle that day.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Teams like KC and Cincinnati are somehow able to perform above their regular season level on defense in the playoffs

They have disruptive players on their DL, that's how.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I'd like to see them shift some of those assets toward offense and particularly wideout...because it doesn't seem to matter much whether Beane can't pick them or McDermott can't use/develop them but we don't get the payoff come postseason. Invest in the area where we actually do perform and profit is the play imo

I hear ya.  I hope they go all offense too. I just don’t expect them to put any less focus on improving our pass rush.   This is their way.  That doesn’t necessarily mean they use our first pick on a pass rusher.  I think WR is the likely pick but I expect them to take the BPA out of WR, pass rusher or possibly even OT

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Per Pro Football Reference, the Bills started Rousseau, Lawson, Ankou and Settle that day.

They have disruptive players on their DL, that's how.

That's who was in on the first snap yes

We were missing Jones and Miller, Oliver played his normal invisible in the playoffs self

That's who was in on the first snap yes

We were missing Jones and Miller, Oliver played his normal invisible in the playoffs self

Not to mention Dean Marlowe playing safety and the ghost of Tre White watching Burrow drop bombs over his head while playing 7 yards off the line coverage.

Man, hard to believe the Bills had no answers for Burrow, Chase, and Higgins with such a talented defensive group. Spags would've had Marlowe playing like Ronnie Lott out there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not to mention Dean Marlowe playing safety and the ghost of Tre White watching Burrow drop bombs over his head while playing 7 yards off the line coverage.

Man, hard to believe the Bills had no answers for Burrow, Chase, and Higgins with such a talented defensive group. Spags would've had Marlowe playing like Ronnie Lott out there.

No doubt

I mean how could they possibly have held up on the back end w th dline squaring off against the Great Wall of Hakeen Adeniji/Jackson Carman

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The great Joe Burrow has been mediocre in the playoffs, but because his defense actually gets better in the playoffs they’ve won game in spite of Burrow’s average numbers.

Allen is looking like one of the greatest playoff QBs ever, elevating his play which is crazy, yet the D sh*Ts the bed.

It’s becoming tiring.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No doubt

I mean how could they possibly have held up on the back end w th dline squaring off against the Great Wall of Hakeen Adeniji/Jackson Carman

Jackson Carman vs Eli Ankou, I take Carman all day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The DL made the Bengals OL look like the Hogs.

Tbh, this was the game i gave up on Edmunds. I watched him get pancaked out of the stadium on third and 1 by Jackson Carman after watching Hayden Hurst eat all afternoon in the middle of the field, and I had finally realized the scarecrow sucked.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Championship squads are built on left tackles, edge rushers, and lockdown corners. And of course quarterbacks. I have zero problem with Beane zeroing in on edge rushers consistently, and nor should you.

Yeah. Would just be nice if her ever hit on one. 

Ankou didn't play much

it was Oliver at 75% of defensive snaps

Any snap he plays is too much.

It is funny how that game gets remembered. It was a really bad start by the defense. but they allowed only 13 points the rest of the way. Of course, Dorsey-ball dictated we would only score 3 points from the second Q on.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem you had is there is legit not really an edge rusher that I would say that guys a 10 sack man. I don't even know if Verse and Turner become 10 sack guys. If we can get our hands on Verse, Turner, or Latu then I think you take that chance. Even maybe Chop Robinson but beyond that there isn't really a 10 sack potential guy in this class if you ask me right now.

I think thats why you saw Beane add a guy like Toohill to go along with Kingsley, Miller, Groot and Epenesa.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Any snap he plays is too much.

It is funny how that game gets remembered. It was a really bad start by the defense. but they allowed only 13 points the rest of the way. Of course, Dorsey-ball dictated we would only score 3 points from the second Q on.

We gave up 172 rush yards on over 5ypc

The Bengals didn't need to score a ton to dominate