Possible Targets at DT ?

As far as DT go would love to see Campbell in a Bills uni as rotational player, Suh would't hurt my feelings any either .

One guy i always had hoped the Bills would bring in was Karlos Dansby but he's a bit long in the tooth now . Kyle Van Noy is another vet that wouldn't hurt my feeling either i think he may have another year in him especially as a rotational piece he brings it every game, not sure if the Ravens let him go or not though .

Beane will get some good ones i'm sure !! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

if we're going DL let's go big (literally): Sweat. 

Beane needs to forget the words "slim down" which he loves to toss out every time they draft a DL

If he's there at 60, absolutely!   Might be worth a trade up too 

We need more big, physical and nasty.  The dude has crazy high potential.  When he's motivated, he's capable of obliterating the interior OL.

He also looks pretty nimble especially for someone so massive

I don't know what we'd do about WR, but if Murphy made it to 28.....getting his teammate Sweat in Round 2 to lock down the DL for years to come would be awfully enticing.   

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not having a 3rd round pick is brutal this year. We can't use it to trade up for a Brian Thomas and we can't use it for someone like Maason Smith.

Yeah I am positive Beane was counting on that comp pick being a 3rd, which made the trade for Douglas worth the cost. Still not sure how it doesn’t work out for us that way.

Given the WR talent I can see a trade back to recoup the 3rd as a possibility. There’s 3 or 4 guys who are superior and out of range, then a bunch of tier 2 guys who are about even and should be attainable. If we moved to 33-39 we still (probably)have a chance at getting McConkey, Franklin, and Coleman. I don’t think the “drop off” between them vs AD Mitchell is huge, and if it gets us another 3rd we can get some good players still. I mean, we can package a ton of 4th/5ths too but I don’t think that’s a good idea given our holes this season. 

Now, if someone like Chop or DeJean fell to 28… might be real hard to pass on their talent for their positions. Not sure what to do there, which is why I’m not a GM lol

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Agree 1

On 3/18/2024 at 4:22 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

With the near miss on Arik Armstead and Sebastian Joseph Day visiting,

Who else could we look at?

Didn't we have Calais Campbell in for a visit or scheduled visit prior to him signing with ATL?

Somehow at 37 Calais managed to have 6.5 sacks and played 17 games last year.

His leadership and rotational depth could be a valuable piece IMO.  I believe Greg Rousseau also trained with him previously

A'Shawn Robinson is another name that comes to mind if still available    (edit he already signed)

NFL.com Maason Smith's pro comparison is Calais Campbell. I hope we get him somehow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:22 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn't we have Calais Campbell in for a visit or scheduled visit prior to him signing with ATL?

His leadership and rotational depth could be a valuable piece IMO.  I believe Greg Rousseau also trained with him previously

A'Shawn Robinson is another name that comes to mind if still available    (edit he already signed)

I would like Tair Tart he's a beast just has some character concerns but he's young and would probably learn behind DaQuan for 1 yr

On 3/18/2024 at 4:22 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Campbell is still a beast