Kenny Pickett being traded to Eagles (according to Schefter)

Simon

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Wonder how he feels going from Sheetz to WaWa

I just read he's from NJ so maybe he will need to change licenses after all. Grew up an eagles fan 

18 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

And he still can't buy beer in a gas station. 

You have to be Amish for that

amish mafia GIF

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Trubisky was 2-5 as a starter for the Steelers, Pickett was 14-11. I mean both are mediocre at best right now, but Trubisky has fallen off the cliff in quality.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

- The Steelers were 7-3 when Pickett started and finished the game last season. He had wins over playoff teams such as Baltimore, Cleveland and the Rams. He threw for over 200 yards in 60% of his games.

- They were 0-3 with Trubisky starting. All of those losses came against non-playoff teams. He threw for over 200 yards in 0% of his games.

Splitting a ***** hair.  Pickett had 24 starts, 13 TDs.  

It's like saying he was the tallest dwarf in QB room full of dwarfs. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-steelers-traded-kenny-pickett-022955589.html

If this is true, wow. Some balls on this kid. Imagine performing as he had and then telling Mike Tomlin in Week 17 "no, I'm not going to dress if you're making me 3rd string" and then approaching them after signing Russ and saying "I don't want to be a backup to him".

Great kid. You got your wish. You won't be backing up Russell Wilson. You'll be backing up someone where you have even less of a chance to see the field. 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:17 PM, Seventeen said:

Never trust a QB who wears a glove on his throwing hand

I believe Kurt Warner has Entered the Chat

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If this is true, wow. Some balls on this kid. Imagine performing as he had and then telling Mike Tomlin in Week 17 "no, I'm not going to dress if you're making me 3rd string" and then approaching them after signing Russ and saying "I don't want to be a backup to him".

Great kid. You got your wish. You won't be backing up Russell Wilson. You'll be backing up someone where you have even less of a chance to see the field. 

Here's a link to the Pittsburgh Beat Writer article quoted in that - trust the beat writer more than Florio

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-beat-writer-shares-insight-200750586.html

I guess if Tomlin "promised Pickett he'd get a chance to compete" then he learns about Wilson being signed and told Wilson is in "Pole Position" that could lead to unhappiness.  

Edited by Beck Water

On 3/15/2024 at 11:28 PM, BBFL said:

Whether you like Mr. Unlimited or not, he’s proven to have some success in the league. 

Pickett? They got enamored in taking a guy the fans wanted who played in their yard. Don’t think he’s awful but he certainly wasn’t what they expected and hoped for... 

When you put it on paper as Wilson vs. Pickett, the Steelers are taking one step up from starting from scratch. A competent QB should have had some success with the weapons he had at his disposal. Blame Canada, blame Tomlin, blame Pickett. All 3 played their part. Best thing they did is admit it wasn’t working out the way the planned and moved on. 

Do wonder though if Pickett voicing his dislike for the Wilson signing is what ultimately played the part in them moving on… He probably could have found some value sitting behind Wilson. Probably going to find more on that Eagles squad and Hurts however. 

All the QB movement this offseason has definitely been interesting.  What did Pickett say after they brought in Wilson?  

Interesting moving on from a 1st round pick after 2 seasons in a very run based offense.  Tomlin obviously is very comfortable in his status with the team making those kinds of moves.  The Steelers do keep their head coaches.  Three since I have been following football.  That can be both good and bad.

54 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

All the QB movement this offseason has definitely been interesting.  What did Pickett say after they brought in Wilson?  

Interesting moving on from a 1st round pick after 2 seasons in a very run based offense.  Tomlin obviously is very comfortable in his status with the team making those kinds of moves.  The Steelers do keep their head coaches.  Three since I have been following football.  That can be both good and bad.

Albert Breer reported before the trade that prior to the Wilson signing Pickett said he was open to competition for the job. The minute Wilson was signed he cancelled on a workout with the WR’s. Went silent and was apparently pissed they were making Wilson the starter and going back on it being a “competition”. 

They need to move on from Pickett. He isn’t/wasn’t the answer. Smart move instead of holding on for something that probably won’t happen. Wilson isn’t it either but he’s proven success in the league and is experienced. That’s all Pittsburgh need to be even more competitive. 

Maybe Fields is the answer? Who knows. Going by Chicago’s tenure, probably not either but at least they’re trying to fix solutions. Can’t ever fault them for that. 

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Albert Breer reported before the trade that prior to the Wilson signing Pickett said he was open to competition for the job. The minute Wilson was signed he cancelled on a workout with the WR’s. Went silent and was apparently pissed they were making Wilson the starter and going back on it being a “competition”. 

They need to move on from Pickett. He isn’t/wasn’t the answer. Smart move instead of holding on for something that probably won’t happen. Wilson isn’t it either but he’s proven success in the league and is experienced. That’s all Pittsburgh need to be even more competitive. 

Maybe Fields is the answer? Who knows. Going by Chicago’s tenure, probably not either but at least they’re trying to fix solutions. Can’t ever fault them for that. 

The Steelers get a lot of respect in the football world.  They are usually competitive.  But I think you are giving them too much credit.  I thought they put a pretty weak team on the field against us in the wild card game.  I did not think the final score was indicative of how bad we beat them.  I have a hard time seeing either Russell Wilson or Justin Fields doing a lot on a game in game out basis in the AFC North.  But its always cool to see QB's on new teams.  

I thought Kenny Pickett was excellent at Pitt his senior season.  He didn't show the same swag with the Steelers for whatever reason.  Although the game winning drive on I believe Christmas Eve two years ago against the Raiders in the cold and wind was pretty sweet.  I hope he gets another chance down the road to be a starter.  

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The Steelers get a lot of respect in the football world.  They are usually competitive.  But I think you are giving them too much credit.  I thought they put a pretty weak team on the field against us in the wild card game.  I did not think the final score was indicative of how bad we beat them.  I have a hard time seeing either Russell Wilson or Justin Fields doing a lot on a game in game out basis in the AFC North.  But its always cool to see QB's on new teams.  

I thought Kenny Pickett was excellent at Pitt his senior season.  He didn't show the same swag with the Steelers for whatever reason.  Although the game winning drive on I believe Christmas Eve two years ago against the Raiders in the cold and wind was pretty sweet.  I hope he gets another chance down the road to be a starter.  

Well if you think I’m giving “too much credit” to the Steelers, you’re certainly giving too much credit to Kenny Pickett. 

We didn’t in any way come close to “beating them badly” in the playoffs. Turnovers were the only reason we won. Defense was sieve-like at times. Maybe you watched another game. We still win even if Pickett was in and “showed up” instead of Rudolph but it wasn’t the brake beater you’re making it out to be…

Maybe down the road he’ll have some success like Baker has done; multiple changes of scenery to final land another starting job and it clicks. Don’t see it personally. Neither did the Steelers. Neither did their fans. Neither did a lot of the pre-draft pundits.

To each their own I guess. 

On 3/18/2024 at 6:45 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I assumed you left put a comma;  " Great, kid. You got your wish."   not  "Great kid. You got your wish."

Kenny Pickett issued an extremely strong non-denial denial of the story about refusing to suit up for the 17th game:

"There was a plan for that game. It went down exactly the way it was planned to go down that entire week. I was coming off the ankle surgery, it is what it is. And like I've been saying, I'm very happy to be here."

It sounds like, my plan was to refused to suit up and that's how it went.

https://www.nfl.com/news/new-eagles-qb-kenny-pickett-on-reports-of-his-steelers-exit-i-m-confident-in-the-way-i-handled-it

Edited by Billy Claude

15 hours ago, BBFL said:

Well if you think I’m giving “too much credit” to the Steelers, you’re certainly giving too much credit to Kenny Pickett. 

We didn’t in any way come close to “beating them badly” in the playoffs. Turnovers were the only reason we won. Defense was sieve-like at times. Maybe you watched another game. We still win even if Pickett was in and “showed up” instead of Rudolph but it wasn’t the brake beater you’re making it out to be…

Maybe down the road he’ll have some success like Baker has done; multiple changes of scenery to final land another starting job and it clicks. Don’t see it personally. Neither did the Steelers. Neither did their fans. Neither did a lot of the pre-draft pundits.

To each their own I guess. 

We all have our guys.  I think Pickett has moxie and was a baller his last season at Pitt.  I don't think you just lose that ability.  But his story has not been finalized yet. 

I thought we pretty much kicked their collective asses.  And if not for the high snap botched FG, the game would have been over right then and there.