Tyrel Dodson to Seattle

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Seattle just signed Jerome Baker, I don’t see any way Dodson is now a starter.

Ouch. 

I had a look at the Seahawks player transactions ,,,and they did lose 3 LBs … Devin Bush,   Bobby Wagner and former Round 1 pick Jordan Brooks … Im assuming at least 2 of them were starters..?

Been waiting to see Tyrels money … annoys me why it takes days for some guys and the money is known straight away with others …

Edited by Aussie Joe

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I had a look at the Seahawks player transactions ,,,and they did lose 3 LBs … Devin Bush,   Bobby Wagner and former Round 1 pick Jordan Brooks … Im assuming at least 2 of them were starters..?

Been waiting to see Tyrels money … annoys me why it takes days for some guys and the money is known straight away with others …

Yes they did, but they do have some talented LBers on the roster at OLB, young coverage LBs. Will be interesting, just stinks for him!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

That means that the money isn't good enough for the agent to leak it to Schefter. 

22 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I saw some Seattle fans touching themselves over the PFF numbers, claiming he’s better than Fred Warner.  They are in for a Boogie sized disappointment.

Yup, that was McD and Babs putting him in excellent situations. 

No clue how his coverage grade was so high when he allowed 83% completions for 9.5 yards per. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I saw some Seattle fans touching themselves over the PFF numbers, claiming he’s better than Fred Warner.  They are in for a Boogie sized disappointment.

Yeah Dodson was ok. He was much less of a liability as the season went on, but once Milano is back, we will quickly see why he was a backup

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

6th rounder I believe but could be a 7th as it’s on the fringe 

So we're looking at a pick for Davis, a pick for Floyd, and a pick for Dodson with Samuel cancelling out the pick for Jackson. There's also some potential for one for Settle after he (surprisingly) signed a 2 yr 7m deal. 

Approve South Park GIF

17 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Looks like Dodson contract should meet Comp pick criteria.

Just about. It is right on the fringe. 

17 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

6th rounder I believe but could be a 7th as it’s on the fringe 

Yea looks like a 7th to me. Have to remember that there are a max of 32 comp picks and minority hires next hiring season will bump some of the bottom ones off. At the moment Over the Cap has $3m AAV as the bottom rung. I think that will be closer to $4m AAV by the time they are awarded. 

A 4th, a 5th and a 7th would be nice. But I'd give up the Dodson pick (i.e. have it cancelled) in order to sign Blackmon.