Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

Given the cap space from Tre isn't available until post-June 1, are the Bills prohibited from reaching a "handshake deal" with a player now that is actually signed after June 1? If yes, that may way a to grab a player they want now but can't sign because of current cap constraints.

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool I can also point to UFA failure after UFA Failure with guaranteed money from mulitple positions EVERY year, that is kinda obvious and shouldnt need to be explained lol.

So what hurts the team more.  A UFA Bust that you cannot get out of without dead money.  Or a 4th round rookie Bust?

I think we had a better chance of success with a UFA S who has started in the NFL AND a fifth round rookie S, over just a fifth round rookie S expected to start.

But hey, Matt Milano. I guess you disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Gotta remember those picks displace players on the lower scale of the 51 active man roster.  At least once you get past the 3rd or 4th round. 

.Yes, which is why the $12 million paid by Terry is not equal to the cap hit.  OvertheCap's cap hit estimate of $3.25 million is pretty accurate, vs Spotrac, which is now down to $6.7 million estimate. 

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think we had a better chance of success with a UFA S who has started in the NFL AND a fifth round rookie S, over just a fifth round rookie S expected to start.

But hey, Matt Milano. I guess you disagree. 

Are you sure.  So tell me Who would you trust building the secondary.  Some poster on this board that thinks a UFA safety is better.  Or a Organization that took too cast offs mid tier UFAs and turned them into All Pro Safeties?  If there is ONE position group I have NO concerns with finding players it is in the secondary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Are you sure.  So tell me Who would you trust building the secondary.  Some poster on this board that thinks a UFA safety is better.  Or an Organization that took too cast offs mid tier UFAs and turned them into All Pro Safeties?  If there is ONE position group I have NO concerns with finding players it is in the secondary. 

you understand you just made my point for me? They found two All-Pro’s for 7 years. By bringing in guys who had played in the NFL as UFAs. Not by drafting fifth rounders. Which is what I’m arguing for lmao.

I watched Damar Hamlin play, and Jaquan Johnson before him, and the other bums that we’ve drafted over the years to backup Poyer and Hyde. None of them were good. In fact, the only S that has been worth anything was Rapp, who was a UFA last year. 

Harder to destroy your own argument than what you just did. If that wasn’t intentional, woof.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

you understand you just made my point for me? They found two All-Pro’s for 7 years. By bringing in guys who had played in the NFL as UFAs. Not by drafting fifth rounders. Which is what I’m arguing for lmao.

I watched Damar Hamlin play, and Jaquan Johnson before him, and the other bums that we’ve drafted over the years to backup Poyer and Hyde. None of them were good. In fact, the only S that has been worth anything was Rapp, who was a UFA last year. 

Harder to destroy your own argument than what you just did. If that wasn’t intentional, woof.

Cool So rookies couldnt beat out all pros thanks.  Got it 

Moving along, I get you  you are teh same thing that frags everything they do.  I am sorry your Pats are ***** at this point.  moving along 

Fact is this Coaching Staff clearly thinks the UFA safety position is not something they like at this point. 

Also NAME your safeties you want signed 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Are you sure.  So tell me Who would you trust building the secondary.  Some poster on this board that thinks a UFA safety is better.  Or a Organization that took too cast offs mid tier UFAs and turned them into All Pro Safeties?  If there is ONE position group I have NO concerns with finding players it is in the secondary. 

I'm bracing myself for real money spent at Safety soon.  

When in reality, I'm completely fine with Rapp, Lewis, a cheap vet and a draft pick.  Give me one splash move/trade and fill in everywhere else with vet minimums and draft picks at this point.  We won't, because we're obsessed with rotations and depth, but I would. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool So rookies couldnt beat out all pros thanks.  Got it 

Moving along, I get you  you are teh same thing that frags everything they do.  I am sorry your Pats are ***** at this point.  moving along 

Oof that’s a white flag.

Jaquan is out of the league. He couldn’t beat out anyone, anywhere. 

I’m sorry for being a Pats fan because I would like them to bring in a vet S in free agency. I’m such a monster!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I'm bracing myself for real money spent at Safety soon.  

When in reality, I'm completely fine with Rapp, Lewis, a cheap vet and a draft pick.  Give me one splash move/trade and fill in everywhere else with vet minimums and draft picks at this point.  We won't, because we're obsessed with rotations and depth, but I would. 

I would be all for this.  Let safeties get over paid.  Go find your next group in the draft in one of the easier positions to play on this McD Defense.  To be Honest Taron probably has the most difficult position in this defense to be honest, that and Mike.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Oof that’s a white flag.

Jaquan is out of the league. He couldn’t beat out anyone, anywhere. 

I’m sorry for being a Pats fan because I would like them to bring in a vet S in free agency. I’m such a monster!

Moving along with you, I should have known better than to try and engage you, back to the ignore list. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I would be all for this.  Let safeties get over paid.  Go find your next group in the draft in one of the easier positions to play on this McD Defense.  To be Honest Taron probably has the most difficult position in this defense to be honest, that and Mike.

Moving along with you, I should have known better than to try and engage you, back to the ignore list. 

You want them to bring in a couple vets like they did with Poyer and Hyde? That’s crazy! How did that work out?

- you, arguing to not bring in veteran safeties. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You want them to bring in a couple vets like they did with Poyer and Hyde? That’s crazy! How did that work out?

- you, arguing to not bring in veteran safeties. 

Cool We have one.  Tell me who is who (this is Hyde, Poyer and Rapp)

BEFORE BUFFALO

103 Tackles

2 QB Hits

1 FF

1 FR

2 INT

330 tackles

5 QB hits

1 FF

3 FR

9 INT

227 tackles

8 QB Hits

2 FF

5 FR

8 INT

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool We have one.  Tell me who is who

BEFORE BUFFALO

103 Tackles

2 QB Hits

1 FF

1 FR

2 INT

330 tackles

5 QB hits

1 FF

3 FR

9 INT

227 tackles

8 QB Hits

2 FF

5 FR

8 INT

You should have also listed your magical fifth round rookie that you can’t name.

NFL stats

0 tackles

0 QB hits

0 FF

0 FR

0 INT.

Poyer (he barely played IIRC)

Rapp

Hyde

I like Rapp a lot. I think he needs to get his discipline coached up a little bit but I have a feeling he’s firmly entrenched as a starter. I just want another vet that can be his Micah Hyde, instead of the next Damar Hamlin or Jaquan Johnson.

You should have also listed your magical fifth round rookie that you can’t name.

NFL stats

0 tackles

0 QB hits

0 FF

0 FR

0 INT.

Poyer (he barely played IIRC)

Rapp

Hyde

I like Rapp a lot. I think he needs to get his discipline coached up a little bit but I have a feeling he’s firmly entrenched as a starter. I just want another vet that can be his Micah Hyde, instead of the next Damar Hamlin or Jaquan Johnson.

WHO is WHO?

You know crying about No Veteran Safety.  SO WHO IS WHO

I just told you. 

Poyer, Rapp, Hyde. Read the post before you start blowing a gasket

Cool so you see Rapp is right there on Par with Hyde (which you clearly didnt know with your typical daily FO Sucks takes.  So guess we dont need that veteran safety.  Thanks.  now you are back to ignore, I am already bored with you again. (took a two weeks congrats). 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool so you see Rapp is right there on Par with Hyde (which you clearly didnt know with your typical daily FO Sucks takes.  So guess we dont need that veteran safety.  Thanks.  now you are back to ignore, I am already bored with you again. (took a two weeks congrats). 

What. Rapp can’t play BOTH safety positions. And I said I like him, so I clearly agreed with the FO decision to bring him back.

Is it happy hour where you’re from? 

22 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

I know it’s bad word and ruffles a lot of feathers but when will we be ok to start calling this a rebuild 

It’s reloading.

The Bills have 20 of the 22 starters set.

It’s all about depth and Beane can usually pull a rabbit or two out of his hat pertaining to that.

Not worried about the Bills in the least until the divisional round. It is at that point where the waters start to get murky.

Unless Allen goes down, the Bills are ALWAYS a contender. The rest of the team has to catch up to him starting in the divisional round though.

Edited by njbuff