Morse Released

29 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The concern is understandable.   But McGovern is a bigger, and I presume, stronger guy which might make Josh's protection better.  Connor also has a full year with Kromer, and Josh so he has a feel for what Josh's cadence is.  

I did some more due diligence and found this interesting article, supports your optimism and gives me some confidence about McGovern:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-connor-mcgovern-buffalo-bills-comparison-offensive-line-blocking-criticism-mike-mccarthy

Now I’m done for the day.  But, this “exchange” with you is why I really love TBD.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

No it was the smart move,  he is most likely not signing unless he receives around 8-10 in guaranteed money.  He older with a history of concussions,  Bills had to move on.  

I think people forget that he was a helmet tap away from being out for weeks, or maybe even done for good.  I like the guy, but he’s got plenty of risk associated with him.  I wouldn’t be shocked if the plan is to get a rookie to take C as McGovern was really solid at G last year, but at least this way, they can say they have a plan going into the draft.   Quality Centers can be had fairly late in the draft.

Love what Beane has done so far this offseason— but this move I think is a mistake. 

it’s not just that he’s a good center, and team leader. I also hate to lose the continuity. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

21 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I think people forget that he was a helmet tap away from being out for weeks, or maybe even done for good.  I like the guy, but he’s got plenty of risk associated with him.  I wouldn’t be shocked if the plan is to get a rookie to take C as McGovern was really solid at G last year, but at least this way, they can say they have a plan going into the draft.   Quality Centers can be had fairly late in the draft.

The sweet spot for centers is usually the 2nd to 4th rounds.