The NFL can be cold sometimes

Really? The median worldwide income is $2,800 per year according to Giving What We Can. That means half the households in America makes more than 25 times the median worldwide income. Are we going to cry about our first world problems in this stupid football column?   If you don’t like your job get a new one. These modern Roman gladiators enter this profession eyes open. Sex, fame, glory and riches. Oh my boo hoo.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Sweats said:

Yeah, business sucks big balls.

I went to a funeral for my father-in-law about 5 years ago. It was a 12 hour drive just to get there. My boss called me the day before the funeral and asked me to come back cause i was, "putting them in a bad spot by not being there".........1) how is that my problem if they are short staffed.......2) how many times am i going to go to a funeral that's 12 hours away?........3) you gotta have some pretty big brass balls to make that statement to me any time, let alone at a funeral

My work ethic completely plummeted when i got back......i didn't last much longer than 3 months after that......and i didn't care.

Sorry for your loss. Bigger picture, f-ck them and that disgusting mentality. 

When I started my current job my mother passed away 17 days into me working there. Had to travel back to the UK, they gave me 3 weeks off, told me to let them know if I needed any more time and paid me 7 days pay for bereavement. Mental that a company can’t take care of their biggest asset in a time no one should be experiencing. 

Props to you for giving them the courtesy of another 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

Really? The median worldwide income is $2,800 per year according to Giving What We Can. That means half the households in America makes more than 25 times the median worldwide income. Are we going to cry about our first world problems in this stupid football column?   If you don’t like your job get a new one. These modern Roman gladiators enter this profession eyes open. Sex, fame, glory and riches. Oh my boo hoo.

You’re just jealous they get that quarter Jimmy. 

Edited by BBFL

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Fatukasi was a big up and coming type when he signed with the Jags prior to 2022 but didn't live up to the expectations. He's only 295 so probably only a 3 Tech.

6'4" 318 lbs per Jags roster.  Played NT and some 5T for Jags

9 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

You ok Jimmy?

17 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Business in general is cold man. I left my old company in June last year and then found out like a week ago they fired every remote employee (which I was) the week of Thanksgiving last year. My old boss called me to tell me I got out at the exact right time 

Ahh yes, the "I'm sorry, I know that remote work is just-as-if-not-more productive, costs less overhead and leads to greater employee satisfaction, but without it we cannot micromanage you as inefficiently. Think of how much you miss spending an hour round trip (or more) in your car going back and forth each day"

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sounds to me like many of you need to find a new line of work. 😉

As I always say:  “find something you like to do and you’ll never work a day in your life”. 

Find something you don’t actively hate is what I always say lol Being neutral about your job but loving your coworkers/environment is also a plus. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sounds to me like many of you need to find a new line of work. 😉

As I always say:  “find something you like to do and you’ll never work a day in your life”. 

Actually, none of the posters who complained about their jobs in this thread disliked their "line of work" (ie, the work they were doing) but the way they were treated by their employers.   Big difference.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Actually, none of the posters who complained about their jobs in this thread disliked their "line of work" (ie, the work they were doing) but the way they were treated by their employers.   Big difference.

Correct….and….Liking what you do also involves liking where you choose to do it. 

Edited by SoCal Deek