RIP Chris Mortensen

4 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

I remember how excited I was as a kid when Mort or Clayton did their Inside the NFL reports on Wednesday Sportscenter.  Now they are both gone.  Very sad. 

Same thought I had. It's been sad with Mort for awhile now. Ever since his cancer battle started. Just difficult to see the before and after and how much of a tole it took. Major respect for the fight he put on and how he came back to ESPN. I really enjoyed his takes, he will be missed. 

• Agree 2

Mort was a great one -- and a man of integrity. He had real inside sources -- and when he reported on a topic, you knew it was legit because he always vetted his information. I know many of us were unhappy with him during the drought years because he was brutally honest about what a mess the front office was in those days, but he was right.

Prayers to his family and loved ones.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Same thought I had. It's been sad with Mort for awhile now. Ever since his cancer battle started. Just difficult to see the before and after and how much of a tole it took. Major respect for the fight he put on and how he came back to ESPN. I really enjoyed his takes, he will be missed. 

He was excellent.  Mortenson and NFL Football were just synonymous with each other.  Sad to see how sick he looked in his later years.  But the guy kept doing what he loved until the end.  That is awesome in itself.  God bless him and his loved ones.  

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...