Is Mahomes at Brady Levels?

Mikie2times

22 minutes ago, damj said:

Yup. He'll be in the Superbowl almost every year and we'll keep losing in the divisional round. Fun

Yup....no doubt....this will become Brady 2.0 for the NFL.  Cant wait to see how compelling watching NFL games knowing Mahomes will be in the next 10 SB's?  All of a sudden Sunday Ticket is not so attractive. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Honestly if that coach/QB combo stays intact they may end up with more SBs than Brady has altogether. 

4 appearances and 3 titles in 6 years? Crazy. 

Brady had 4 appearances and 3 titles in 7 years. Mahomes is at a faster past but not actually as crazy a pace as I thought. Felt like Brady had a longer drought between his first 3 rings and that 2007 season. If the Chiefs don't make the Super Bowl next season, then their first seven years as starters are exactly the same in terms of rings and Super Bowl appearances. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BFLO said:

Brady was carried by the team around him far more than Mahomes. Mahomes is physically gifted in a way that sets him far above Brady. 

I don't disagree with that but the QBs in the AFC are better than the QBs in the AFC when Brady played. Plus I think the division will be more difficult than what the AFC East provided Brady especially with Harbaugh in the mix. The AFC is just absolutely stacked with talent and it's going to be tough to come out of that conference year in and year out: Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Stroud, Lamar, Richardson and to a lesser degree Tua and Lawrence. I mean half the teams in the conference have a good QB and 5 have elite (Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, Texans and Ravens). 

The thing is Mahomes probably has 12 years to win 4 to catch Brady. I doubt he'll have the longevity that Brady had and I doubt without his mobility he'll be as good as he is now (same with Allen and that's especially true with Lamar; imo once Lamar doesn't have elite speed he'll be cooked). Brady really only had Manning and Big Ben in the AFC. By the time won his second Superbowl to the time he left New England the only 4 QBs that were in the Superbowl on the AFC side were Brady, Manning, Big Ben and Flacco. Hell even since that second SB you can add only Mahomes and Burrow. 21 years and only 6 QB made it. 19 years and only 4 QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

Already surpassed Brady.  Has Mahomes ever cheated? 

Correction: Caught cheating. 

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I don't disagree with that but the QBs in the AFC are better than the QBs in the AFC when Brady played. Plus I think the division will be more difficult than what the AFC East provided Brady especially with Harbaugh in the mix. The AFC is just absolutely stacked with talent and it's going to be tough to come out of that conference year in and year out: Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Stroud, Lamar, Richardson and to a lesser degree Tua and Lawrence. I mean half the teams in the conference have a good QB and 5 have elite (Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, Texans and Ravens). 

The thing is Mahomes probably has 12 years to win 4 to catch Brady. I doubt he'll have the longevity that Brady had and I doubt without his mobility he'll be as good as he is now (same with Allen and that's especially true with Lamar; imo once Lamar doesn't have elite speed he'll be cooked). Brady really only had Manning and Big Ben in the AFC. By the time won his second Superbowl to the time he left New England the only 4 QBs that were in the Superbowl on the AFC side were Brady, Manning, Big Ben and Flacco. Hell even since that second SB you can add only Mahomes and Burrow. 21 years and only 6 QB made it. 19 years and only 4 QBs.

Ain't the salary cap wonderful!  It was supposed to make league more competitive. 

Just get a generational QB.

FWIW... MLB had more diverse list of champions last 30 years than the capped games. Just saying.

30 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Manning (top 3-4 qb all time now that Mahomes is closing in on him) and Big Ben are actually HoF qbs. The only other AFC qb with HoF chances right now is Lamar because of the 2 MVPs. At least Brady had Manning as a challenger, the rest of the AFC qbs so far are unproven pretenders.

9 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

Manning (top 3-4 qb all time now that Mahomes is closing in on him) and Big Ben are actually HoF qbs. The only other AFC qb with HoF chances right now is Lamar because of the 2 MVPs. At least Brady had Manning as a challenger, the rest of the AFC qbs so far are unproven pretenders.

I believe Allen, Burrow, Lamar and Stroud will all be HoFers at some point. It's early though

Not related to talent - but I'm surprised that there is a QB (Mahomes) who makes me appreciate Brady's phony "respect talk" whenever he faced other teams & QB's, and beat them.

Mahomes seems to love the villain role.  He's almost the perfect "Nick Wright" QB - we beat you, we're great, and you suck.  His arrogance is almost comical.  Very easy QB to dislike.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.