Mock draft simulators.

Bigvinny

The signing of Samuel makes the top of the draft wide open. An argument could be had that they might be better getting top interior Dlineman or top five edge at 28.  The difference between the 5th and 12 wr is not that wide.  Im curious how Beane plays it and what guys he values.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The signing of Samuel makes the top of the draft wide open. An argument could be had that they might be better getting top interior Dlineman or top five edge at 28.  The difference between the 5th and 12 wr is not that wide.  Im curious how Beane plays it and what guys he values.  

In terms of numbers, they can only dress 53 so the 1st 5 picks at least gotta hit, doubt they'll take more than 8. There's no sense of loading up on Oline(minus maybe C), TE, RB,LB etc. just to see them poached off the P.S. Start from the 7th rd. and start pushing everything up.

14 minutes ago, nosejob said:

In terms of numbers, they can only dress 53 so the 1st 5 picks at least gotta hit, doubt they'll take more than 8. There's no sense of loading up on Oline(minus maybe C), TE, RB,LB etc. just to see them poached off the P.S. Start from the 7th rd. and start pushing everything up.

Center/Guard is a need.  Lost 2 guys that dressed.  I think you can get a guy with some juice at RB that would push Johnson. Im not overly impressed with the depth anywhere.  Drafting a TE or linebacker and having to cut Morris or Spector helps improve the roster.  Later in the draft you go wider odds of hitting.  If you need 5 guys you best use 9 -11 picks and find those 5.  

These may be 2 of the guys McBeane could not pass on in the first if either of them fell to 28.

28. Johnny Newton DT Illinois

60. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

or

28. Jared Verse Edge FSU

60. Xavier Legette WR S Carolina

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2

Passed on Mitchell to take the fella I suppose McD would really want if available at #28. Still came out pretty well.

BUF

Cooper DeJeanS Iowa

Xavier LegetteWR South Carolina

Tanor BortoliniOC Wisconsin

Jordan JeffersonDT LSU

Isaiah DavisRB South Dakota State

Javon BakerWR UCF

Keith Randolph Jr.DT Illinois

Jaylon CarliesS Missouri

Marist LiufauLB Notre Dame

Dylan McMahonOG NC State

Myles ColeEDGE Texas Tech

Carter BradleyQB South Alabama

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

To be completely honest, I almost automatically skip past these front-loaded, trade-heavy lists of assets exchanged and picks. No offense to you. The format is less accessible than comparable screenshots. It's a shame because how evidently you enjoy exploring a multitude of draft possibilities, often bucking needs-based fan consensus. But then I have to ask: which effing simulator has Latu available at 28?! That's...interesting. Safety is nicely restocked here, and the EDGE pipeline is filled. Solid #2 RB added. LG now a competition between Edwards and strong prospect in McCormick. 

But the two biggest needs, WR and DT, according to most fans, are not prioritized. Tez Walker looked LOST at the Senior Bowl (despite his impressive traits), and Eboigbe is more of a 3-4 DE prospect than a 4-3 DT. Not a great fit. Smith could represent value, I guess, given his surprise med e v a l at the combine.

Here's a similarly UNsatisfying draft haul that could be beneficial in the longer term. Most of these guys should be NFL contributors sooner rather than later. I'm guessing most posters will be mad about WR and DT. 

image.thumb.png.7647bd8d28aea55c9dcf8cf18137dfc9.png

It's MDD, mock draft database. I agree the trade back hauls are ridiculous. As for picks, usually half way through drafting it just becomes tedious, sometimes I just draft highest rated player regardless of position which was the case with Eboigbe. Otherwise it's just me getting to know the players, reading write ups or watching film, I'll watch highlights but I'm generally more interested in the film against a particular team, as your able to see the player from play to play rather than when they make a play. No need to say no offense, we're just having fun with this and I Rather enjoy criticism, as it makes me a better evaluator because it checks my judgement on decisions.

Edited by ScorpionZero

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I certainly prefer him to Chop. 

Was actually hoping he would be there @ 60…

After his combine there’s no way that’s a possibility unless he has a pro day, bombs it and/or gets injured. 

• Agree 1

Adonai MitchellWR Texas

Ruke OrhorhoroDT Clemson

MarShawn LloydRB USC

Javon SolomonEDGE Troy

Tyler DavisDT Clemson

Javon BakerWR UCF

Tykee SmithS Georgia

Nehemiah PritchettCB Auburn

Dominique HamptonS Washington

Dwight McGlothernCB Arkansas

Javontae Jean-BaptisteEDGE Notre Dame

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

Adonai MitchellWR Texas

Ruke OrhorhoroDT Clemson

MarShawn LloydRB USC

Javon SolomonEDGE Troy

Tyler DavisDT Clemson

Javon BakerWR UCF

Tykee SmithS Georgia

Nehemiah PritchettCB Auburn

Dominique HamptonS Washington

Dwight McGlothernCB Arkansas

Javontae Jean-BaptisteEDGE Notre Dame

I like this one pretty well, but I'm not crazy about Lloyd at 128. Orhorhoro is an interesting fella. It's a bit of a bet on a wild card, but I'm okay with it.

Thomas wr 22 (Trade up)

sweat DL 52 (trade up)

Beaux limmer OC 123 trade up

Oladapo S 169 trade up

eichenburg LB 204

gabriel Murphy edge 248

Reasonable trades and 11 picks turned into 6, but there’s no way we have room in our roster for 11 picks. In this draft we get our top wr, a top dl, one of the best centers, a very good safety and a good LB. Full disclosure, I have no idea about Murphy

Edited by Turbo44
  • Like (+1) 1

Ok before you skip past because of trades I made these myself, not the computer generated ones. I only made realistic ones. If you don't think so, correct me. 

First of all I traded back because of value, without AD being there I didn't see anyone worth 28 at this point, and for the record I see AD as a WR1 in time. 

I went back to 33 and 65 to pick up 101 as I think late third to fifth is the meat of the draft, when 33 came Nubin was available at 41 so I played the value card and found a trade picking up  38 and 106. Value seemed right at that point and began drafting, always looking at need/BPA. Let me know.

Trade Recap

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 2, Pick 33

2024: Round 3, Pick 65

2024: Round 4, Pick 101

Carolina Receives:

2024: Round 1, Pick 28

2024: Round 2, Pick 60

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 2, Pick 38

2024: Round 4, Pick 106

Tennessee Receives:

My Selections

Tyler Nubin who can argue with this

S | Minnesota

TRADE

Adisa Isaac BPA/need designated pass rusher

EDGE | Penn State

TRADE

Devontez Walker deep threat/different type of receiver.

WR | North Carolina

TRADE

Cole Bishop outstanding value, pairs up nicely with Nubin.

S | Utah

TRADE

Ben Sinnott all around tight end, save cap space next season letting Knox go. Improved running game in 12/13 personnel. Also reminds me of Wychek/Clark

TE | Kansas State

Javon Baker different type of receiver, talented had upside.

WR | UCF

DeWayne Carter fits in rotation

DL | Duke

Javon Solomon Small School, talented, possible steal.

EDGE | Troy

Nehemiah Pritchett size, skill in zone defense

CB | Auburn

Isaac Guerendo 6' 220lbs with 4.33 long speed, can't do worse.

RB | Louisville

Dwight McGlothern another corner made for zone.

CB | Arkansas

Hunter Nourzad well coached, G/C prospect.

IOL | Penn State

Fabien Lovett size/experience based traits.

DL | Florida State

Tell me what you think.

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

Ok before you skip past because of trades I made these myself, not the computer generated ones. I only made realistic ones. If you don't think so, correct me. 

First of all I traded back because of value, without AD being there I didn't see anyone worth 28 at this point, and for the record I see AD as a WR1 in time. 

I went back to 33 and 65 to pick up 101 as I think late third to fifth is the meat of the draft, when 33 came Nubin was available at 41 so I played the value card and found a trade picking up  38 and 106. Value seemed right at that point and began drafting, always looking at need/BPA. Let me know.

Trade Recap

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 3, Pick 65

2024: Round 4, Pick 101

Carolina Receives:

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 2, Pick 38

2024: Round 4, Pick 106

Tennessee Receives:

My Selections

Tyler Nubin who can argue with this

S | Minnesota

TRADE

Adisa Isaac BPA/need designated pass rusher

EDGE | Penn State

TRADE

Devontez Walker deep threat/different type of receiver.

WR | North Carolina

TRADE

Cole Bishop outstanding value, pairs up nicely with Nubin.

S | Utah

TRADE

Ben Sinnott all around tight end, save cap space next season letting Knox go. Improved running game in 12/13 personnel. Also reminds me of Wychek/Clark

TE | Kansas State

Javon Baker different type of receiver, talented had upside.

WR | UCF

DeWayne Carter fits in rotation

DL | Duke

Javon Solomon Small School, talented, possible steal.

EDGE | Troy

Nehemiah Pritchett size, skill in zone defense

CB | Auburn

Isaac Guerendo 6' 220lbs with 4.33 long speed, can't do worse.

RB | Louisville

Dwight McGlothern another corner made for zone.

CB | Arkansas

Hunter Nourzad well coached, G/C prospect.

IOL | Penn State

Fabien Lovett size/experience based traits.

DL | Florida State

Tell me what you think.

I think all the trades looks reasonable but I don’t like the strategy. Buffalo needs quality not quantity, so I see them trading up at least once, maybe twice in rd’s 1-4 and end up drafting 7-8 players. No need to use 11 of picks cuz only roster space probably for 5-6 draftees. I’d be interested in your draft trading up two to three times, as that’s what beane has historically done

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I think all the trades looks reasonable but I don’t like the strategy. Buffalo needs quality not quantity, so I see them trading up at least once, maybe twice in rd’s 1-4 and end up drafting 7-8 players. No need to use 11 of picks cuz only roster space probably for 5-6 draftees. I’d be interested in your draft trading up two to three times, as that’s what beane has historically done

Understood

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Screenshot_20240316-224048.png

Okay, there's no way Jordan Jefferson is there at #248. The model is way messed up to let that happen.

I don't really like Kinchens. I'd rather take Bullard or Cole Bishop there, though #60 is too rich.

But nice job, and I'll forgive it, because you somehow ended up with Thomas. 

If that happens, I'm going to imbibe a celebratory Guinness. If they take D in the first, I'm going to have a consolatory Guinness.

I'm prepared, either way . . . 

Edited by Dr. Who

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Okay, there's no way Jordan Jefferson is there at #248. The model is way messed up to let that happen.

I don't really like Kinchens. I'd rather take Bullard or Cole there, though #60 is too rich.

But nice job, and I'll forgive it, because you somehow ended up with Thomas. 

If that happens, I'm going to imbibe a celebratory Guinness. If they take D in the first, I'm going to have a consolatory Guinness.

I'm prepared, either way . . . 

Yeah, pretty much all of the Simulators rankings are f-cked. Honestly, they're kind of a waste of time. I've yet to find one where I think it's pretty spot on. And there's always a handful of players on the board at spots where I'm like "no way". Like Jefferson. I'd already taken Jackson and Hall, but then I'm looking over my options at 248 and thought "wait, what?".

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 1, Pick 15

Indianapolis Receives:

Buffalo Receives:

2024: Round 3, Pick 80

2024: Round 4, Pick 115

Cincinnati Receives:

2024: Round 4, Pick 128

2024: Round 5, Pick 160