Josh EOY presser

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We have 10 draft picks this year after we get our 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brandon Beane needs to work magic this year and get at least 2 good WRs... one of whom needs to be a 1st or 2nd round stud.  Also needs to find a mid to late round RB who can complement Cook's running style.  Might need a Center, too.

I haven't watched the presser.  I will eventually.  This just sucks because Josh was so awesome yesterday and there's going to be this narrative comparing him to Phillip Rivers for the whole offseason we have to hear. 

Can I crawl in a hole and come out a year from now when we're back in the playoffs, please?

And watch them lose again when it counts?  

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We have 10 draft picks this year after we get our 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brandon Beane needs to work magic this year and get at least 2 good WRs... one of whom needs to be a 1st or 2nd round stud.  Also needs to find a mid to late round RB who can complement Cook's running style.  Might need a Center, too.

I haven't watched the presser.  I will eventually.  This just sucks because Josh was so awesome yesterday and there's going to be this narrative comparing him to Phillip Rivers for the whole offseason we have to hear. 

Can I crawl in a hole and come out a year from now when we're back in the playoffs, please?

If you come out of hole in exactly a year, the Bills would have just lost in the Divisional Round.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This is why I’m amazing how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

Josh wants him back… so probably a done deal…

To be fair to Brady ….he had limitations at WR all season and was playing someone else’s offense,,

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Josh wants him back… so probably a done deal…

To be fair to Brady ….he had limitations at WR all season and was playing someone else’s offense,,

Josh should be allowed an opinion but didn't he want Dorsey as well?

12 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yup, but it's even worse. The best individual players in baseball don't have the kind of impact that the best players in the NFL do, especially at QB. Trout only comes up to bat 3-4 times and will probably get walked in at least one of those at the end of games. 

We have a guy that plays great in these games (for the most part) and the coach on his side of the ball NEVER comes through even after hogging so many resources for his group. 

It's actually hard to have this level of failure in the playoffs considering what Josh has done, but McD has achieved it. 

Kincaid, Shakir, hopefully a healthy Diggs, and a rookie WR/who they bring in no way they don't do something. Allen seemed locked in on those skill guys in the press conference his frustration is extreme. Plus continuity on an O-Line that actually performed well, I wouldn't be surprised if the offense was very good next season.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

Maybe his is the point where he says **** it I have done all I can?  Maybe he is waiting on this team to actually do something besides hope he can save their asses?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They asked him he answered, and it's not like he was bad, and unlike Dorsey he actually adjusted to defenses.

That's fair. I don't think Brady should be simply given the job because Josh wants him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kincaid, Shakir, hopefully a healthy Diggs, and a rookie WR/who they bring in no way they don't do something. Allen seemed locked in on those skill guys in the press conference his frustration is extreme. Plus continuity on an O-Line that actually performed well, I wouldn't be surprised if the offense was very good next season.

I think so too about offense...but we know the script if McD's still here. The offense will once again have to be perfect for multiple postseason games to win in spite of McD's defense getting lit up, which we KNOW will happen in big games and his in-game managing. It's a bad recipe and probably not possible. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they will have to be. I really believe we have to take a half step back and refuel for a very aggressive 2025. If we time it right we should be able to open another $65M in 2025 cap dollars by moving on from Diggs, Miller, and Tre while an offensive focused draft comes into its second season. 

But that means we are winning a lot of games because we score a lot of points. The plus side is we should have enough room ($$$) to keep that group together for a very long time, with enough left over to make a couple big signings on the other side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, how many DEs and DL should Beane and McDermott be looking to get in return for him? 🤔😱

Well a 7 man rotation wasn’t getting it done. 
I say we split it down the middle and got for 10. 14 man rotation would be too unfair. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think so too about offense...but we know the script if McD's still here. The offense will once again have to be perfect for multiple postseason games to win in spite of McD's defense getting lit up, which we KNOW will happen in big games and his in-game managing. It's a bad recipe and probably not possible. 

McDermott or not McDermott, we have no money and we have to get some quality rookies high in the draft this year. Next year the offense will have to ball. 

That said, for the 2024 playoffs, that defense was a mash unit. We are rolling out with backups/injured players at nearly every back 7 position. And not just backups, guys that were 4/5 on the depth chart at their position. It was brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

Every quarterback hits the links. Manning did, Mahomes does, Rogers does, etc. 

The only guy who worked out every day over the summer that I can think of was JJ Watt, and he was a complete psychopath 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

McDermott or not McDermott, we have no money and we have to get some quality rookies high in the draft this year. Next year the offense will have to ball. 

That said, for the 2024 playoffs, that defense was a mash unit. We are rolling out with backups/injured players at nearly every back 7 position. And not just backups, guys that were 4/5 on the depth chart at their position. It was brutal. 

What about when the defense was much healthier 2 years ago and McD's D gave up 42 to the Chiefs? The year before that when they gave up 38? And lets be honest, the Chiefs put the brakes on in that game because it was over. They could've put up 50 that night. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Every quarterback hits the links. Manning did, Mahomes does, Rogers does, etc. 

The only guy who worked out every day over the summer that I can think of was JJ Watt, and he was a complete psychopath 

Yep I get it but from a leadership standpoint if Josh really focused in this summer and worked out like crazy he would set the standard for the team. When the team sees him out golfing they probably think well he's not working out maybe I don't have to either 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.