McDermott will scapegoat himself using injuries as an excuse

BeastMaster

1 minute ago, Buffaloflash said:

Injuries aren't McDermott's excuses, they're McDermott's facts!

Anyone seriously thinking our secondary was going to stop Kelce, Rice and Pacheo is and was delusional.

The only chance I gave us, was if we scored on every procession, we might be able to squeeze out a win. Didn't happen, so on to next year.

Stop and think, we were 6 and 6, 3/4 way through the season. We had two playoff home games. This was the best the team could do, I ain't mad. Stop crying with a loaf of bread up under your arm. 

You're basically giving credit to the team for blowing early games to bad teams. 

And lets dive into McDermott facts, shall we? What happened in the other 2 playoff games vs KC when we were relatively healthy and gave up 38 points and 42 points. That's including that time when he completely botched the end of the game with 13 seconds. 

How about when we were getting gashed last year as well? Or almost lost to Skylar Thompson? Or when old man Phillip Rivers came into Buffalo with the Colts and they were able to do pretty much whatever they wanted and we needed an elite performance from Josh just to squeak by? 

McD's defense ALWAYS gets lit up in these big games. This wasn't some kind of anomaly because of injuries. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Defense doesn’t win championships anymore, just helps survive when a QB has an off game. 

For the most part that's true. But they can also mitigate damage. Or at the very least put a team away with 13 seconds left. McD can't even do that. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hinder? People need to focus. Why do people think hitting the easy button and firing the head coach will magically help us beat a dynasty team like KC?

It’s about the players. They come up short in the big moments vs KC. Not Allen, he steps up. It’s the other guys. They have to find someone other than Allen that steps up in the playoffs consistently. 

It's about scheme above all else.....this coach doesn't get the most from his players bc his schemes and football philosophy is old and long extinct

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Fine. Give us the name of a surefire replacement. I’ll hang up and listen.

Belichick, harbaugh,Vrabel, Ben johnson,slowik,Pete carol....I'd take any of those guys above middermott

10 minutes ago, motorj said:

I mean if Bernard and Benford/Rapp played I don't see how KC scores over 17 that game

Oh you bet your ass they would have some how

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Other than Poyer's forced fumble, the defense essentially made ZERO plays last night. If it weren't for the offense's time of possession, we could have given up 50 last night. 

To be honest, if they didn’t fake the punt that play never happens and they probably walk right down the field from their own 30. The Bills really lucked in there. A yard one way it’s a TD a yard the other it’s a fumble out of bounds instead of through the endzone

Edited by BananaB

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Defense doesn’t win championships anymore, just helps survive when a QB has an off game. 

The top 3 defenses all advanced this week. It has to be top 10 and trending up in the playoffs to win.

McDermott has always had a scapegoat. At some point here, he has to go. It’s always going to be some excuse with him. 

The Chiefs were surgical last night. The Bills played and coached at a high level but it wasn’t enough. With the injuries, they need to out coach the Chiefs and that just didn't happen.

• Kelce got loose

• Mahomes scarmbled at will

• Mahomes barely hit the ground

• The Chiefs running was a problem

• The offense has too many nothing plays

It’s not the worst coaching performance by McDermott’s staff by a wide margin, hut at this level, he's stuck here. No progressing. 

22 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I was listing to Greeny and Rex Ryan today talking about the Bills going after Belichick…. idk the more I think about it the more intriguing it sounds…. 

Belichick would have won a Super Bowl this season as Bills head coach.

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

It's about scheme above all else.....this coach doesn't get the most from his players bc his schemes and football philosophy is old and long extinct

Belichick, harbaugh,Vrabel, Ben johnson,slowik,Pete carol....I'd take any of those guys above middermott

Oh you bet your ass they would have some how

If you’re not first your last mentality doesn’t work out well.

Can't make injuries as an excuse if you sit out the most important piece of the defense who's responsible for play calling and adjustments. He had a chance to play and was only questionable. I'd think it was coaches decision to sit him

30 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He needs to go. Get me Belichick. I don’t care anymore. Bill loves Josh, and I’m tired of Defense not showing up to support Josh in the playoffs. That won’t be a problem with the hoodie.

The hoodie would have won the Super Bowl this season in New England with the only change being Josh Allen at quarterback. Not even kidding. This roster has enough talent to do the big things. They just don’t have that extra championship gene that a championship coach could give them. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.