Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, thrice and more, shame on me!

BuffaloButt

Honestly, I need to change my expectations of how good this team is and any idea of winning a Super Bowl.  Continuing to think we can win it all year after year, when we have never before and we continue to lose in heart breaking fashion year in and year out while expecting a different outcome is the actual definition of insanity.  I'm pretty sure I'm sane so my expectations of this organization must be unrealistic even with Josh "Superman" Allen (he can't do it all by himself!

Moving forward, I'm not going to let my expectations ever be Super Bowl winning, but I'm going to root for the Bills but knowing it will come crashing down in the end, until they prove me wrong.  Please do it, prove me wrong!!

I'm done shaming myself with this disappointment when I can't control the outcome. So I'll treat their games as entertainment, fun, but expect the usual outcome (season ending loss) since I'm not insane!  

I'll try to enjoy the ride in the future but I'm not going to get to high with expectations.  Done venting, what are your thoughts in this area?  Go bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have to say of all the Bills postseason exists, this one feels the least on McDermott.

The team was ready to play unlike against KC in the AFC Champsionship and last year against the Bengals. And i don’t recall a major coaching blunder like in the Chiefs divisional game from two years ago.

If anything, McDemott gets a pass because he was down to third string linebackers and missing a starting corner and playint safeties clearly on their last legs. Then on offense Diggs counties his disappearing act. Two beautifully placed deep balls to Sheffield and Diggs and we can’t even get one of them to haul in the catch. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I have to say of all the Bills postseason exists, this one feels the least on McDermott.

The team was ready to play unlike against KC in the AFC Champsionship and last year against the Bengals. And i don’t recall a major coaching blunder like in the Chiefs divisional game from two years ago.

If anything, McDemott gets a pass because he was down to third string linebackers and missing a starting corner and playint safeties clearly on their last legs. Then on offense Diggs counties his disappearing act. Two beautifully placed deep balls to Sheffield and Diggs and we can’t even get one of them to haul in the catch. 

It's the aggregate, not just this year.

There are other problems, of course; and injuries definitely happened. But the common denominator is McD mishandling the clock, making questionable coaching decisions, and calling bad defense against top teams; especially in the playoffs.

How can we win a SB if the coach is always shrinking down in the biggest moments?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Lots of fans are going to be right there with you

A McDermott led Bills team is a team destined to get smoked by a legit QB and coach in the playoffs 

Who is supposed to be excited for that?

As amazing as Josh is, his HC has to find a way of stopping Mahomes, Burrow and Lamar.  That's a task Sean and his yearly defense is incapable of doing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd consider the fake punt a major coaching blunder. 

Not necessarily a coaching blunder, but out defense (McD's speciality) didn't have a stop until the 4th Q. We allowed 27 points to a mediocre (this season) Chiefs offense on a night where our offense dominated TOP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Not necessarily a coaching blunder, but out defense (McD's speciality) didn't have a stop until the 4th Q. We allowed 27 points to a mediocre (this season) Chiefs offense on a night where our offense dominated TOP. 

I doubt that fake punt came from McD.  I'd bet it was a line check by the ST unit when they saw the defense had only 10 men on the field at the snap.

It may have been a huge blunder if the Chiefs got points off of it. But they didn’t. Not only that, but the Bills defense denied the Chiefs on two straight possessions after that botched fake punt. 

McD probably got lucky but at any rate, that botched play had no real outcome on the game. 

18 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It may have been a huge blunder if the Chiefs got points off of it. But they didn’t. Not only that, but the Bills defense denied the Chiefs on two straight possessions after that botched fake punt. 

McD probably got lucky but at any rate, that botched play had no real outcome on the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.