For those in Buffalo & suburbs : No delivery of printed Buffalo News tomorrow

Albany,n.y.

I'm an E Edition subscriber & I got an e-mail saying there will be no print edition delivery Sunday.  

Due to dangerous weather conditions and a travel ban mandate for much of our service area, delivery of the Sunday Buffalo News print edition will be deferred until Monday. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As a full-access subscriber, you can read a digital replica of the print edition online at buffalonews.com/eedition. 

The results of the Bills game are usually in Tuesday's paper. Wednesday this week. The only time I see it is when I go to the laundromat and read their copy while doing my wash.

Honestly? Who cares.  We get the paper only because it was already paid for, otherwise I wouldn’t get it or the digital version.

Print media is dead. Don’t really enjoy reading news that is up to 48 hours old. Thoughtful commentary?  Nope.  Get better integration with podcasts, websites and, believe it or not, message boards.  Ya want your ads?  Black Friday ads? On the web, or at the door of supermarkets and most retailers. As much as I have old memories of reading the comics or game recaps, it’s just not what it used to be.

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

I delivered the Buffalo News in the early 90s. In 1992, I delivered in a blizzard and still got complaint calls into the news that their paper was late. 

Used to deliver in an apartment complex mid to late 80’s.  Great to stay warm while delivering! Absolutely was a bunch of people that would complain in foul weather, even when I was ready to deliver the paper and the News didn’t get it out until late.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Honestly? Who cares.  We get the paper only because it was already paid for, otherwise I wouldn’t get it or the digital version.

Print media is dead. Don’t really enjoy reading news that is up to 48 hours old. Thoughtful commentary?  Nope.  Get better integration with podcasts, websites and, believe it or not, message boards.  Ya want your ads?  Black Friday ads? On the web, or at the door of supermarkets and most retailers. As much as I have old memories of reading the comics or game recaps, it’s just not what it used to be.

Used to deliver in an apartment complex mid to late 80’s.  Great to stay warm while delivering! Absolutely was a bunch of people that would complain in foul weather, even when I was ready to deliver the paper and the News didn’t get it out until late.

Oh man. The complaints about late papers when the truck was late!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any sightings of the guy that's always out in this sort of weather, cut off sweatpants and sneakers?  Usually getting $5 gas at Kwik Fill.

It's shorts and a hoodie.  The wife's car has a full tank.

I am home. It's -7°F out. But it's super sunny,  I might test the waters a little later. 😆 

Now no delivery until Tuesday:

Due to continued winter weather conditions and travel bans for much of our service area, delivery of both the Sunday and Monday Buffalo News print editions will be deferred until Tuesday. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

Now no delivery of today's paper until Friday.  It looks like they really are looking to become a digital only paper in the future. :

An important message to our valued audience:

Dear Reader,

Due to continued snowfall, travel ban mandates, and the safety of our staff and contractors, delivery of the Thursday Buffalo News print edition will be deferred until Friday. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

As a full-access subscriber, you can read a digital replica of the print edition online at buffalonews.com/eedition. 

28 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Now no delivery of today's paper until Friday.  It looks like they really are looking to become a digital only paper in the future. :

I remember as a kid everyone brought newspaper to school for paper mache project.

Others made animals and such; I made a Eiffel Tower to scale using popsicle and tongue depressors for stabilization.

I was different even as a child.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:05 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain enough newsprint to adequately crumple and stuff damp footwear with.  (Works like a champ, but use true newsprint, not the glossy stuff.)

When I went to the Bills Raiders cold playoff game back in the early 90s, I brought a garbage bag full newspapers & put my feet in them the whole game (yes I was wearing insulated boots on my feet).   

Now it looks like SI is about to go under:  Sports Illustrated Thrown Into Chaos With Mass Layoffs - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Edited by Albany,n.y.

43 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I went to the Bills Raiders cold playoff game back in the early 90s, I brought a garbage bag full newspapers & put my feet in them the whole game (yes I was wearing insulated boots on my feet).   

Now it looks like SI is about to go under:  Sports Illustrated Thrown Into Chaos With Mass Layoffs - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

They should sell the only property with value - SI Swimsuit Issue.

Link for those who do not want to pay or deal with NYT.

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/19/1225680000/sports-illustrated-lays-off-most-of-its-staff#:~:text=The publisher of Sports Illustrated,to the magazine's parent company.

https://frontofficesports.com/sports-illustrateds-publisher-lays-off-entire-staff-future-unclear/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.