Josh Allen's top 10 throws of the 2023 season (Video)

BigDingus

This was an amazing 10 minute video, not just showing some cool highlights, but extensively detailing what made them so great.

From the defensive looks, to the OL protection, to explaining why certain broken plays should've been dead to rights, I really enjoyed rewatching these plays.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BBFL said:

“Agent of Chaos”. 

Pretty apt for Josh. Brings both types of it. 

For real.

The quote at 9:52 was spot-on. "Attempting to fit this ball in between the man-defender and the post safety is PSYCHOTIC..."

But he somehow pulled it off, while also ignoring the much safer, open throw to Knox. Which is probably why "take what the defense gives you" isn't always something Josh is willing to do. He's too talented for his own good 😅

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I found this while organizing my bookmarks today.  What an incredible bit of commentary form the very best NFL experts.  Check out how low a dozen of these folks have Allen.  IMO this is why there still is an undercurrent of hostility towards Allen. So many of these people really went out on the ledge to trash Allen before he even threw his first NFL pass.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/24/17271686/josh-allen-nfl-draft-2018-stats-analysis-comparisons

BillC_QBStat_Charts_Spread__1_.thumb.webp.e8d192127a84c5da4008948a7afeb6e6.webp

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

For real.

The quote at 9:52 was spot-on. "Attempting to fit this ball in between the man-defender and the post safety is PSYCHOTIC..."

But he somehow pulled it off, while also ignoring the much safer, open throw to Knox. Which is probably why "take what the defense gives you" isn't always something Josh is willing to do. He's too talented for his own good 😅

Knox was technically covered too, and I think the key difference was what was directly in front of Josh, he had a lane to fire the bullet to Morris not so much Knox.

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I found this while organizing my bookmarks today.  What an incredible bit of commentary form the very best NFL experts.  Check out how low a dozen of these folks have Allen.  IMO this is why there still is an undercurrent of hostility towards Allen. So many of these people really went out on the ledge to trash Allen before he even threw his first NFL pass.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/24/17271686/josh-allen-nfl-draft-2018-stats-analysis-comparisons

BillC_QBStat_Charts_Spread__1_.thumb.webp.e8d192127a84c5da4008948a7afeb6e6.webp

Oh wow, I remember that article! In fact, it highly influenced my opinion at the time!

You gotta remember the feel of the Bills as an organization at that point though. Sure, we made the playoffs & broke the curse that season, but for 17 years prior we watched floundering offenses lead by some pitiful-to-average QBs. I was convinced this organization just couldn't develop QBs, even if they got a good one.

So when you see a QB with average college stats, accuracy issues, getting killed against all the bigger schools, and not even being a top QB in his own minor conference, suddenly start popping up in mock drafts as a 1st round pick because of "prototype size, cannon arm, project and POTENTIAL," you get concerned.

I thought there was no chance the Bills could develop a guy, and that their best shot was lucking into a ready-to-play miracle off the bat. Thankfully, that was the OLD Bills, and I was proven very, very wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.