Is there something wrong with the all-pro voting?

tomur67

I know many people say all-pro doesn't matter, but it really bugs me how the AFC is generally disrespected. This year, the number of NFC players voted in outnumber the AFC by almost a 2 to 1 margin. Dallas (whose butts were kicked by the Bills) have 8 players voted to first and second teams. Hard to believe.  Buffalo has one second teamer , Taron Johnson.  Dak Prescott voted over Josh Allen.  Hard to believe.

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dallas has 8? I mean know they have Micah Parsons, but I'm struggling to think of any other clear cut All-Pros.

I don't have any issue with Dak being a 2nd team all pro. He has had a good year. CeeDee Lamb was a slam dunk. The two Smith's on the oline as 2nd teamers hard to argue. I think Zack Martin getting in is fair enough but him getting in as almost unanimous is a bit on reputation. Then hard to argue with the year DaRon Bland has had. I think the final one is the kicker who I don't think had missed a kick until last week!

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

I know many people say all-pro doesn't matter, but it really bugs me how the AFC is generally disrespected. This year, the number of NFC players voted in outnumber the AFC by almost a 2 to 1 margin. Dallas (whose butts were kicked by the Bills) have 8 players voted to first and second teams. Hard to believe.  Buffalo has one second teamer , Taron Johnson.  Dak Prescott voted over Josh Allen.  Hard to believe.

Do you have any arguments against any of the Dallas players besides they lost to Buffalo?

First of all it's a shame that MVP and AP All pro voting doesn't happen until after the SB.  The pro bowl is a "touch football" joke and has lost alot of juice and validity over the years.  Stats still matter. Josh Allen committed a total of 8 turnovers in week 1 and week 18.  The narrative ALL YEAR has been Josh is amazing but also a reckless gunslinger turnover machine. You take away those 8 turnovers in week 1/18, and Josh is at the very least AP2 and maybe even takes some votes away from Lamar.  Only Josh can change his narrative.  Only the Bills can beat the Bills.  He has the opportunity to pick his spots for amazing plays yet stay controlled. This narrative disappears when he wins it all.  

4 more....

47 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

The discrepancy between AFC & NFC players voted in is ridiculous and egregious.  And just using the Dallas/Bills game comparison speaks volumes.  Shady today said Josh could have very easily been voted QB2 over Dak.  But then again the NFLPA didn't give Josh much love either.  That's concerning?

51 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dallas has 8? I mean know they have Micah Parsons, but I'm struggling to think of any other clear cut All-Pros.

CeeDee Lamb a great WR and Zach Martin as good as a G you can find. Then they have a CB that replaced Diggs' brother who has like 3 pick 6s. But yeah 8 seems excessive.

Edited by The Jokeman

56 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

All Pro matters a great deal - both first and second team. Pro Bowl is what doesn’t. 

Edited by BarleyNY

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.