Offensive Play Caller Rankings per Patton analytics - Brady 25th

Big Blitz

You have to consider the source.  It looks like a college senior with 1,500 followers on Twitter.   No affiliation with any reputable outlet.  

Patton Analytics?  PATTON? 

Please stop posting from randos on the internet… these “analytics” mean absolutely nothing 

• Thank you (+1) 1

“Allen hurts him” means so much success can be attributed to a superstar quarterback that the ranking of the OC decreases.  In other words, more is expected from whom much is given.  Look at KC with Reid.

Edited by Neo
  • Agree 1

Just now, Neo said:

“Allen hurts him” means so much success can be attributed to a superstar quarterback that the ranking of the OC decreases.  In other words, more is expected tomwhom much is given.  Look at KC with Reid.

What kind of metric is that though?  That’s why I criticized the OP for positioning this information as thought it was legit.  It’s some kid on the internet playing PFF

I don’t know the validity of the analysis.   I believe I understand the reference to Allen.  If you produced a critically acclaimed movie with a high school drama club, and I did with the cast of Ocean’s Eleven, you’d rank higher.

47 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

What kind of metric is that though?  That’s why I criticized the OP for positioning this information as thought it was legit.  It’s some kid on the internet playing PFF

I think the analysis is fairly legit yes - and I’ve seen their work posted before and this guy is followed by folks that I follow that respect his data.

Brady is probably ranked properly - my guess is the Chargers and Patriots games dinged him.  

Is this guy Collinsworths illegitimate love child ? Asking for a friend, 

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I haven't delved deeply into this but my guess is that a guy talking about "eigen values" is not some kid playing on the internet.   It seems like a legit attempt even if flawed.  

Sounds like the metric will be fine-tuned...

"The overall model will have a makeover in the offseason that will hopefully increase the accuracy and stability of the results moving forward."

Edited by hondo in seattle

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

dude said McDaniels should be COY lmao. When his O plays great defenses they stink - Buf in 2 gms 17 ppg

Bal in 1 game-19 ppg 

right - that’s why I’m questioning the credibility of his information and the sanity of the OP for presenting this as solid evidence.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.