See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Worst case scenario was a fg.  If Gabe continued the route, a good chance he catches it for a TD.  The p[ass was right where it should have been and Gabe I would have hoped have caught it.  Of course like the second down throw to Knox, could have been interfered with and no flag too😉.   Can I be any clearer?

Which one is it then?

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

4th down....  I can't believe people think there were points to be had.  It was a bad call on 4th down.  

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The times he's gotten hurt was when he was in the pocket - getting sacked and landed on by 400 lb fatties, hitting is hand/elbow on helmets when throwing.  So, since your not a Bills fan, and clearly a troll, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.  

Not to mention, and I'm knocking on any wood I can find, that Allen hasn't missed a game since his rookie season. 

I didn't know this and IMO it's an amazing stat:

418500941_766739092155938_7970181451498722838_n.thumb.jpg.597ab4997fb87ef46625b9a25014ad0e.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Many times Josh is compared to Favre, gunslinger, takes chances, etc.  I hope Josh turns out better than Favre.  As great as Favre was he won just 1 SB and cost the Pack and Vikings shots at going to the dance in 2007 and 2009 with ill advised late picks.  At least it seems that if Josh throws picks he does so earlier in games and not in crunch time.  The guy is money in crunch time.

I am certain we win at least one with Josh and hope for more than that.

I hope for more than that too but not many QBs win more than 1 SB. Most of the 13 that have, have only won 2.  Aaron Rodgers has only won 1.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well I do find it funny that you make a clear statement that "no points to be had" when Allen throws it but then argue points could have been had if Davis was in the right spot.  

I said that about the 4th down int (the second one).  Really work on your reading comprehension.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Many times Josh is compared to Favre, gunslinger, takes chances, etc.  I hope Josh turns out better than Favre.  As great as Favre was he won just 1 SB and cost the Pack and Vikings shots at going to the dance in 2007 and 2009 with ill advised late picks.  At least it seems that if Josh throws picks he does so earlier in games and not in crunch time.  The guy is money in crunch time.

I am certain we win at least one with Josh and hope for more than that.

the only game losing pick I can think of is Minnesota overtime game. Favre had like 3 I think. 

4 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Gabe's not running an option route here. The whole concept of the option is to avoid defenders and run to space - that's not what happened on this play.

Correct me if I'm wrong - isn't a sight adjustment different from an option? There are times where Diggs clearly changes his route because of a blitz, CB leverage, etc., and he trusts that Allen will make the same sight adjustment on the throw. When we had the Diggs/Brown/Beasley trio it was known that the WRs would occasionally freestyle based on what the defense showed. So I don't think Davis was running an option route there but I would think (especially according to the principles of the EP offense that we run) that his route can/should change to a stop route if he sees an all out blitz. Because my understanding is that under the EP offense, the benefit is that it beats literally any potential defensive play as long as the QB and intended pass catcher are on the same page, but the risk is a negative play if they are not on the same page. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

There's another thread on a Kurt Warner video that touches on this. Allen's WRs aren't making sight adjustments to become hot even when he's clearly expecting them to. In this case it led to an INT, in other cases from this game it led to a sack or throwaway.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.