Josh Allen Home Reg Season After Nov

Back2Buff

Josh Allen at home in the regular season after Nov is gross.  A couple anomalies, but the guy is not a good cold weather QB.  I took out the game in 2019 vs Jets when he was pulled, but he averages 55% with 2 TD and 1 INT.  He is always wildly inaccurate when the weather gets cold.

image.thumb.png.15e43cf3977f7f9b111088b3792a04b6.png

• Eyeroll 3

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Josh Allen at home in the regular season after Nov is gross.  A couple anomalies, but the guy is not a good cold weather QB.  I took out the game in 2019 vs Jets when he was pulled, but he averages 55% with 2 TD and 1 INT.  He is always wildly inaccurate when the weather gets cold.

What's the Bills win/loss record in those games? Just curious.

I use to bring this up when talking about the stadium. But a fair response was how have opposing QBs looked? I actually don’t know. I suspect they have worse stats.

Josh is a rare QB that doesn’t need great completion % or passing TD/INT ratio. He can score 30 and only have 200 yards and 1 TD passing.

• Agree 2

Very clever qualifying it with “regular season” to exclude possibly the best game any QB ever played. 

Also:

Including 2018

Including games like Atlanta/Carolina where the game plans were clearly different due to how bad the opposition was

Using the Dallas game from three weeks ago as a data point implying poor QB play.  Did you watch that one?

What is the Bills record in the games you list above?  How about if you exclude 2018?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not the biggest fan of JA17, he is a rollercoaster for sure.  But I want every opposing QB's stats - I think waht you're complaining about is an open air stadium in the snowbelt.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, ScotSHO said:

I'm not the biggest fan of JA17, he is a rollercoaster for sure.  But I want every opposing QB's stats - I think waht you're complaining about is an open air stadium in the snowbelt.

Rain and wind in that stadium is so much worse than cold and snow. It really a miserable weather stadium. I hate it.

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Not really, I remember seeing him play at Wyoming and it seemed when it was cold, he was inaccurate.  So I wanted to see how he has done in NFL, and it tells the same story.

• Disagree 2

Stadium design. Winter weather = wind = a real s**t show for everything relying upon the atmospheric conditions.

Clearly a dome over a new park would be best, but I would imagine a modern design firm is going to figure out how to eliminate some of the quirks that are accentuated by the sunken stadium.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Not really, I remember seeing him play at Wyoming and it seemed when it was cold, he was inaccurate.  So I wanted to see how he has done in NFL, and it tells the same story.

What an absolute load.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't think he's inaccurate - how many were off the mark last Sunday?  

6 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Stadium design. Winter weather = wind = a real s**t show for everything relying upon the atmospheric conditions.

Clearly a dome over a new park would be best, but I would imagine a modern design firm is going to figure out how to eliminate some of the quirks that are accentuated by the sunken stadium.

Hopefully the confused wind can’t find its way into the new stadium. The rain will probably show the confused wind where to go though.

There will be no excuses this Sunday night. Probably going to be in the 60's/70's with no humidity. Josh should have a good game here. As for the Bills I wish they would have built a dome even though I know that isn't happening. The current team isn't built to play in nasty weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

There will be no excuses this Sunday night. Probably going to be in the 60's/70's with no humidity. Josh should have a good game here. As for the Bills I wish they would have built a dome even though I know that isn't happening. The current team isn't built to play in nasty weather. 

I don’t know. I think they’re built for it better than previous teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know. I think they’re built for it better than previous teams.

They do run the ball better with Cook, but this offense still revolves around Allen. Despite the Cowboys game and this past Sunday when Josh didn't have great days.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They do run the ball better with Cook, but this offense still revolves around Allen. Despite the Cowboys game and this past Sunday when Josh didn't have great days.

I mean, can’t pretty much every contending team left say the say the same thing that their offense revolves around their QB?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.