What's Wrong With The Passing O?

Donuts and Doritos

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Ohhhhh kay

hey quickly do you consider the patriots defense excellent the last month and a half ?

Does the result differ between the Pats or the Chargers?  Does it matter how good the defense is because I don't think it's the defense causing most of our problems.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

he’s been unbelievable and his year in keeping his sack numbers and sack yardage low this year. He’s going a great job of getting rid of the ball when he is under duress.

Yes he has. He's also throwing a lot of picks and his timing throws are off. Tough to do when you are constantly avoiding getting sacked. We have really been spoiled with Allen. I think seeing Shakir go over 500yds is testament that he's been working to get even better.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Does the result differ between the Pats or the Chargers?  Does it matter how good the defense is because I don't think it's the defense causing most of our problems.

You deflected it was just a question to see what you think

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Allen can't be part of the issue. The WR's don't get separation. Next....

Allen missing one or two plays (like ALL quarterbacks) does not negate the point that our receivers are not getting separation.

Just now, Drew21PA said:

You deflected it was just a question to see what you think

I may be wrong but I wasn't so much deflecting as I imagined where you were going with that question.  The Pats defense almost always plays pretty well.

I may be wrong but I wasn't so much deflecting as I imagined where you were going with that question.  The Pats defense almost always plays pretty well.

I was asking a question still haven’t answered 

I’m not going anywhere with it I don’t understand why you’re under estimating the fact that over the last month of football they are pretty much top 5 and top 3 in some catagories

this season they rank 6th in total defense

when they are top in the league yes you are going to have the problems we had yesterday.  It is what it is. 

they were playing at a higher level their goal was to knock us out at home and they played great.

tip

but I also credit the bills they won 20 points on offense that’s better than the average they gave up all season so shatever

no I’m not entirely satisfied but understanding the dynamics - I’m ok with yesterday 

Just now, Einstein said:

Allen missing one or two plays (like ALL quarterbacks) does not negate the point that our receivers are not getting separation.

Haven't seen the All 22 on this game but every game to date there are guys open.  Usually for 5 or 6 yard gains and sometimes earlier than Allen likes so he holds the ball and the deep guy never gets open and he passes up the short pass ect ect.  I'll eat my words if the All 22 shows differently but it's there every week.  Someone posted Shakir running wide open for a TD Josh looking the other way.  Not saying it doesn't happen but he's missing the guys that are open, guys are dropping passes, and he's not seeing guys that are open more than no on is open. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

I’m not going anywhere with it I don’t understand why you’re under estimating the fact that over the last month of football they are pretty much top 5 and top 3 in some catagories

when they are top in the league yes you are going to have the problems we had yesterday.  It is what it is. 

they were playing at a higher level their goal was to knock us out at home and they played great.

tip

but I also credit the bills they won 20 points on offense that’s better than the average they gave up all season so shatever

no I’m not entirely satisfied but understanding the dynamics - I’m ok with yesterday 

I answered your question, you quoted it saying I didn't answer your question and then you went on to do exactly what I said you'd do.  Not sure what to tell you.  If Allen only showed these problems this week against this defense then you'd have something.

18 hours ago, Peter said:

I was under the impression from some people on this board, Cover 1, and WGR that Dorsey was responsible for anything wrong with the offense, the economy, the Ukraine, and the Middle East.

I believe he is also responsible for the revised return policy on iPad’s. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I answered your question, you quoted it saying I didn't answer your question and then you went on to do exactly what I said you'd do.  Not sure what to tell you.  If Allen only showed these problems this week against this defense then you'd have something.

KC?  Top5 defense in total defense

dallas?  
oh top5 defensive unit we put up 400 plus on them without the need to pass

ill give you La since you discredit how hard that travel is and “no excuses” I get it

i had it as a loss beginning of the year just because we never play well against the chargers out west historically idk why 

16 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Haven't seen the All 22 on this game but every game to date there are guys open.  

That’s EVERY single QB in NFL history.

You could find these situations in every game for Brady, Elway, Marino, Kelly, etc. 

People just didn’t think about it because ALL-22 wasn’t as accessible back then.

Someone posted Shakir running wide open for a TD Josh looking the other way.  Not saying it doesn't happen buthe's missing the guys that are open

Almost every time someone writes something like this, I check the play and they conveniently forgot to mention the context.

For example, Josh having two defenders about to hit him and he therefore didn’t have time to get through his progressions. Or the WR being the last read in that play. Or the receiver getting open after Allen already moved past that read (but was blanketed when Allen looked at him).

I provided some context in this post: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/252022-whats-wrong-with-the-passing-o/?do=findComment&comment=8831007

26 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

tip

Peppers OUT on top of all their other studs. They had street FA back in secondary and we couldn’t complete a forward pass still. Oh and we’re supposed to be “Super Bowl contenders” with an “mvp” qb. That’s why

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

That’s EVERY single QB in NFL history.

You could find these situations in every game for Brady, Elway, Marino, Kelly, etc. 

People just didn’t think about it because ALL-22 wasn’t as accessible back then.

Almost every time someone writes something like this, I check the play and they conveniently forgot to mention the context.

For example, Josh having two defenders about to hit him and he therefore didn’t have time to get through his progressions. Or the WR being the last read in that play. Or the receiver getting open after Allen already moved past that read (but was blanketed when Allen looked at him).

If you are watching enough game film to know he moved past a read that came open then you should also know that he's looked right at open receivers and not pulled the trigger.  Like I said I haven't seen this weeks All 22 but it's there almost every week.  Not saying every play but a lot of plays.  

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Peppers OUT on top of all their other studs. They had street FA back in secondary and we couldn’t complete a forward pass still. Oh and we’re supposed to be “Super Bowl contenders” with an “mvp” qb. That’s why

I think there’s some truth to both sides…they’re good because they are well coached and would be even better with a lot of those guys back. 

kind of reminds me of kc where like Chris jones, Barmore is just so good at creating interior pressure that the back end doesn’t have to cover long so the overall defense looks really good 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If you are watching enough game film to know he moved past a read that came open then you should also know that he's looked right at open receivers and not pulled the trigger.  Like I said I haven't seen this weeks All 22 but it's there almost every week.  Not saying every play but a lot of plays.  

Show me these examples so I can see what you are talking about. If it’s happening this often, it should be quite easy to find several examples.

I watch ALL-22 for nearly every game and do not see what you are seeing.

DBs used to fear Allen beating them with a deep corner route - now they know he won’t throw it because it’s too risky. They have also stopped giving Diggs a huge cushion partly because Allen won’t throw the deep corner route and partly because Diggs is getting up there in age. 

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Allen throwing the pick on 2nd and 7 standing 7 yards from our end zone.  TE is wide open.

Pass.thumb.jpg.9b64b6f600b75aa60e0de6631af4b163.jpg

Perfect example of not providing any context.

Sure, the TE was open for a 3 yard gain. But so was the player Allen threw it to…

Diggs had 2 steps on his defender and would have walked into the end zone with a better throw. Mahomes would have made the same decision - to throw to Diggs.

You want to criticize Allen for not stopping, setting his feet, and then throwing it? Sure, go for it. I’d agree with you. But the decision itself was perfectly fine. He threw to a guy wide open downfield that would have been a TD instead of a 3 yard gain.

If you want a QB that takes the 3 yard TE gain over the wide open receiver streaking downfield, then you want Tyrod Taylor back.

IMG-5993.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

DBs used to fear Allen beating them with a deep corner route - now they know he won’t throw it because it’s too risky. They have also stopped giving Diggs a huge cushion partly because Allen won’t throw the deep corner route and partly because Diggs is getting up there in age. 

Yea we have no John brown / e sanders streaking on a deep seam either ….

we would carve teams up on deep passing. Crazy now.

Edited by balln

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.