NFL places Drew Ogletree on Commissioner Exempt list after domestic violence arrest

Punching Bag

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-places-drew-ogletree-on-commissioner-exempt-list-after-domestic-violence-arrest

Ogletree was charged with a pair of felonies after police responded to a call about a domestic disturbance on Friday night in Hendricks County, Indiana. County jail records, via the Indianapolis Star, show that he is charged with domestic battery committed in physical presence of a child less than 16 and domestic battery resulting in moderate bodily injury

He played 12 games for Colts this year at TE and Colts are in 7th seed for playoffs currently.  This will hurt them but they will get roster slot.

Von Miller did turn himself into police and was released on bond. He was also accused of a felony. Link

I am not accusing Von or the league of anything. I am curious how these cases differ. 

Always important to note that violence between family members is never ok. If you or someone you know is suffering please seek help. You deserve it

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For those about to ask, I believe the difference between this situation and Von Miller's is that Ogletree was placed under arrest and Miller was not.

Once an arrest happens a player qualifies for the Commissioner Exempt List.

Wrong

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok. Then care to correct it? I'd be eager to know for fact what the correct explanation is. As I said that was just my belief on how it worked. 

Yes. Von was arrested. He then posted bail. I think there was even a mugshot.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok. Then care to correct it? I'd be eager to know for fact what the correct explanation is. As I said that was just my belief on how it worked. 

Don’t feel bad…Von’s legal team and the League have tried to muddy the water around his arrest.

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes. Von was arrested. He then posted bail. I think there was even a mugshot.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Don’t feel bad…Von’s legal team and the League have tried to muddy the water around his arrest.

You are correct. I did misspeak. I said arrest. The difference here seems to be the charges. It seems Ogletree has charges pending where Miller does not yet. We are still in a holding pattern waiting to see if the Dallas DA files charges. However, there are always so many layers to issues like this.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You are correct. I did misspeak. I said arrest. The difference here seems to be the charges. It seems Ogletree has charges pending where Miller does not yet. We are still in a holding pattern waiting to see if the Dallas DA files charges. However, there are always so many layers to issues like this.

I don't know it feels like they moved lightning fast on this when they are a tortoise with Miller, like within two days was Von still on the run then?

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It appears his girl friend has disputed the charges so most what will happen is a charge of filing false report or abuse of emergency system against her.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.