The Bills do not win one score games

Bills!Win!

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I wouldn’t go that far. But maybe they see it as we won, but man it kind felt like at the end that we almost gave it to them. Kinda lucky at the end the way things turned out. But with 2 TOs and over a minute left, I have no doubt we would have went down the field and “had a chance” to take the lead again if that was the case. 

Can’t find a good replay angle maybe the all 22 will help…but it seemed to me like a pretty questionable pick by Toney set that big lateral play up

they also had 4 other plays to pick up at least a first down on that series with the lateral td and they gained a whopping 0 yards lol 

I’ve gotta give the defense some credit they did the same to Philly on that final drive of regulation but Philly hit that prayer of a fg.  If that fg misses,  the bills will have stopped two of the best offenses in the league in 4 down territory needing a fg to tie which is no easy task.  Would’ve partially made up for a lot of their shenanigans earlier in the season 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can’t find a good replay angle maybe the all 22 will help…but it seemed to me like a pretty questionable pick by Toney set that big lateral play up

they also had 4 other plays to pick up at least a first down on that series with the lateral td and they gained a whopping 0 yards lol 

I’ve gotta give the defense some credit they did the same to Philly on that final drive of regulation but Philly hit that prayer of a fg.  If that fg misses,  the bills will have stopped two of the best offenses in the league in 4 down territory needing a fg to tie which is no easy task.  Would’ve partially made up for a lot of their shenanigans earlier in the season 😂

There’s no question that some of these close games could have easily gone the other way. I think the bigger point is why are they close to be determined the way they are. In this games case, it was a shame that Allen threw the pick before the half. Could have been 17-0 or 21-0 at the half and getting the ball. Could have came out in the 2nd half with a McDermott style ground and pound offense and taken a good 8 minutes off the game clock. Would have really helped seal the game. Again, it sucked that Allen threw the pick, however imo it looked like McD really changed his defensive philosophy after that. Played a more bend but don’t break style of defense. All a prevent defense does is prevents the other team from scoring quickly. Unfortunately there was a ton of time left and imo was the wrong way to go about it. 

I also believe with Hyde being out it hurt them as well. Bit that’s an issue that should have been foreseen by the HC and GM prior to the season imo. To expect Hyde coming back from a serious neck injury at his age was not likely. Actually he’s done better and played more than I expected but I don’t think they should have expected anything. A bigger issue is how much Poyer has dropped off the face of the earth. He’s been virtually invisible all year. To sign him to a 2 year deal was not a good idea. I wanted Rapp but he hasn’t looked as good as I hoped he would. But hes likely going to be back next year. At least I hope, because if he’s not, that means McD is going to draft 2 safeties pretty early in the upcoming draft imo. 

12 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

You don't consider Toney lining up Offside as a gift ?

Broncos also gifted us a win when they missed a 41 yard FG. Unfortunately we returned the gift and gave them another shot with the 12 men penalty

Would be nice to see our defense close out a 1 score game without such extreme levels of drama

Lol the defense allowed 17 points against the best QB in the NFL and the pass rush turned it on during the final drive where the Chiefs only needed a FG to tie. They played excellent. 

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

The two earlier one-score wins were gifted to the Bills, more or less.  We beat the Giants despite not being penalized for a blatant DPI in the end zone at the end fo the game, and we beat the Bucs but could have lost if the Bucs WR had turned to see where their Hail Mary was going.

Today's win was a big deal for many reasons, not least because it will maybe get the monkey off the Bills back about losing close games.

Can say the same crap about the ones we lost.  But, hey, pick your examples selectively to support your argument, we get it.

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yes.  It was a pick.  Tasker talked about it and originally the Bills thought that was what the flag was for.

We almost lost this one score game due to bad clock management by McDummy.  At 2:12 in the 4th, we should have run the ball to burn clock and/or force KC to burn TOs.  Instead, we dial up two INC passes which gave KC free timeouts, then a 1 yard pass to Kincaid to get to the two minute warning.  KC had plenty of time and TO's to go the length of the field.  We escaped because Kadarius Toney is dumber than a box of rocks.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:22 AM, peterpan said:

McD certainly did his dad dear to lose it but we still won!!

That's the rub. We got a gift from Toney for sure, but McD also almost choked it away with bad clock management. 
It's not that we can't win one score games, it's that too often, far too often, the coaches (and players) choke. McD's OT record speaks for itself.

You need a killer instinct to win championships. There is just too much parity in the NFL. 

McDermott's teams have just never had it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.