Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

You can see how big of a fraud this guy is based off his tone and demeanor in his pc’s from past years compared to this one. He’s been overly nice recently compared to priors. It’s phony as hell. Just be who you are then. He knows he’s in trouble. He even played the victim card in his apology. Fake. The softness of this team comes directly from him. I do think he’s a decent guy and a solid coach but we are never going to win it all with him it’s over 

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

This is a stupid take. Reporter just happened to finish this week. Reporter didn’t look to time it, or go after fans.

Think of it this way? We complain about the Bills local reporters being soft because they want to keep team access or are on Bills payroll. Not the case here, for sure!!! 

Your take is beyond stupid. And you know for a fact that the reporter just finished it? It most certainly was released to inflict the most damage. Look at it this way, there are 365 days in a year. It was "just finished" 3 days before the biggest game of the year. That's nonsense.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, OldNMBillsFan said:

Your take is beyond stupid. And you know for a fact that the reporter just finished it? It most certainly was released to inflict the most damage. Look at it this way, there are 365 days in a year. It was "just finished" 3 days before the biggest game of the year. That's nonsense.

And last week and the Eagles game was the biggest game of the year before this. Than the Bengals. Than the Dolphins. He said he accelerated it after the Eagles game because it fit the narrative of the story and we had a bye week on top of it which allowed more time to finalize the story. That seems pretty logical. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 2

I truly believe McD suffers from some sort of situational anxiety disorder.

Everything about him and his demeanor points to this being true, the way he is in front of the press and what people have said about him behind the scenes, and on the field in big games, it sure fits.

Very often, the intense sense of fear and dread, more commonly known as anxiety, is caused by a specific event or situation.

This form of anxiety is quite common and can occur in anyone. You may have experienced anxiety at least once before, possibly before an important job interview or on the first day of school or work. Today, we’re diving into what situational anxiety is, what causes it, and common symptoms to look out for. 

Defining Situational Anxiety Disorder

Situational anxiety disorder is a form of anxiety that occurs in response to a specific situations. 

Boy does the pressure of head coaching meet this criteria.....  You decide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

I guess we have to agree to disagree. Maybe as a defensive captain he felt compelled, particularly as nobody else seems to be rushing forward. As someone else said, for a guy who’s been here 6-7 years under McD, It felt like he was going through the motions and saying the minimum expected.

I thought it was pretty clear the reporters caught Hyde on the way from practice and asked if he had any statement about it.

59 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, I'm not very X literate: how do I see the thread WYO made? I click on the X post and there's nothing linked or under it... And her website doesn't seem to have it either. I could be wrong, however... Or is she being ironic and the heart GIF is the whole of her message?

Thanks.

You may have to be logged in to see the whole chain of 7 or so 'tweets' or "X"s or whatever they're called now.

You can log in with a google account and then log right out again without setting anything up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

This is a stupid take. Reporter just happened to finish this week. Reporter didn’t look to time it, or go after fans.

Think of it this way? We complain about the Bills local reporters being soft because they want to keep team access or are on Bills payroll. Not the case here, for sure!!! 

I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus 🎅, the Easter Bunny🐇 , and that Ty Dunne in fact just happened to randomly finish this story and decide to put it on his site 3 days before one of the biggest games of the year.

In fact, someone upthread posted about an interview Dunne did, where Dunne said that he hurried to finish the article and get it out after the Eagles game because reasons.  I'm feeling too lazy to dig that post out of 101 pages though, so Believe it or Don't

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Our season stories are really action packed.  I can't really think of a team that has had more drama the past couple of years.

We are behind Gardener Minshew, Joe Flacco, and Kenny Pickett for playoff spot and somehow we should be captivated that we rallied to make the playoffs with Josh Allen? Maybe we deserve this. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

You’re extremely naive if you truly believe this

13 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I truly believe McD suffers from some sort of situational anxiety disorder.

Everything about him and his demeanor points to this being true, the way he is in front of the press and what people have said about him behind the scenes, and on the field in big games, it sure fits.

Very often, the intense sense of fear and dread, more commonly known as anxiety, is caused by a specific event or situation.

This form of anxiety is quite common and can occur in anyone. You may have experienced anxiety at least once before, possibly before an important job interview or on the first day of school or work. Today, we’re diving into what situational anxiety is, what causes it, and common symptoms to look out for. 

Defining Situational Anxiety Disorder

Situational anxiety disorder is a form of anxiety that occurs in response to a specific situations. 

Boy does the pressure of head coaching meet this criteria.....  You decide.

Might be the case.

16 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

And last week and the Eagles game was the biggest game of the year before this. Than the Bengals. Than the Dolphins. He said he accelerated it after the Eagles game because it fit the narrative of the story and we had a bye week on top of it which allowed more time to finalize the story. That seems pretty logical. 

It seems logical to those that don’t understand logic.  It’s obvious.  If you don’t get it, that’s fine.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We dodged a bullet because there was no bullet to dodge.  The NFL loves its fine money.  If there was a violation they would have at the very least spoke on it.  There was nothing.  No media about it.  No word from the NFL.  Absolutely nothing.  When the Titans had practice outside their facility when they shouldn't have been, it was all over the news everywhere.  The team did nothing wrong.  Had they of, the NFL would have done something.

Yeah no one was worrying about this at all at the time, definitely not something the Head Coach would want to make sure wasn't a problem going forward.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus 🎅, the Easter Bunny🐇 , and that Ty Dunne in fact just happened to randomly finish this story and decide to put it on his site 3 days before one of the biggest games of the year.

In fact, someone upthread posted about an interview Dunne did, where Dunne said that he hurried to finish the article and get it out after the Eagles game because reasons.  I'm feeling too lazy to dig that post out of 101 pages though, so Believe it or Don't

He literally said it fit his narrative, journalistic integrity right there. 🤣

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re extremely naive if you truly believe this

Might be the case.

It seems logical to those that don’t understand logic.  It’s obvious.  If you don’t get it, that’s fine.  

So not logical that he releases a story about him crapping himself right after he craps himself about as bad as he had since 13 seconds with a bye week sandwiched in? 

On 12/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, chongli said:

Jerry is such a Rosebud.

Ralph fired Bill Polian, despite the pleadings of Marv Levy, because, as Levy recounted Ralph to have said, "I just can't get along with him", over a period of 3 years

Ralph said so in an interview at the time published in TBN, I think

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We are behind Gardener Minshew, Joe Flacco, and Kenny Pickett for playoff spot and somehow we should be captivated that we rallied to make the playoffs with Josh Allen? Maybe we deserve this. 

It would certainly be an accomplishment if we were able to navigate our remaining schedule - which is the toughest part of our schedule - and make the playoffs.

So, yeah.

• Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

It would certainly be an accomplishment if we were able to navigate our remaining schedule - which is the toughest part of our schedule - and make the playoffs.

So, yeah.

So we dramatically underperform and then get credit if we can somehow qualify and make no progress (again) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.