Addressing the "Josh Allen is TO machine" narrative

FireChans

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ok “when he’s on his game” doesn’t really answer the question though.

So in a 17 game season averaging out the highs and lows, where do you rank him roughly?

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think he's at least a top 3 QB

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Sorry misunderstood that.

Got it.

You seem to be super tough on him.

Like if I didn’t know better and I were just reading your posts on him, I would think you have him as a mediocre QB

I'm tough on him for lots of reasons.

1. Because he signed a quarter of a billion dollar contract and that comes with level of expectations (i.e. not getting inexplicably outplayed by Zach Wilson and Mac Jones)

2. If he was a bit more consistent week to week and cleaned up a little more of the turnovers, he might just be the undisputed best in the league

I'm very happy Josh Allen is our QB. I think he's great. I want him to be the best, just like I want every Bills player to be the best player ever. Because I want to see them win a Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

1. Because he signed a quarter of a billion dollar contract and that comes with level of expectations (i.e. not getting inexplicably outplayed by Zach Wilson and Mac Jones)

2. If he was a bit more consistent week to week and cleaned up a little more of the turnovers, he might just be the undisputed best in the league

I'm very happy Josh Allen is our QB. I think he's great. I want him to be the best, just like I want every Bills player to be the best player ever. Because I want to see them win a Superbowl.

That’s fair to a certain degree 

But I remember talking to you about him during the eagles game and you were roasting him off one bad pass lol.

The guy was the best player in the NFL that week.

That’s why I questioned you to where you have him ranked cause even when he’s elite (like on Sunday), you were still blasting him 

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It's not inexplicable

Wilson will 'outplay' a couple good QBs because their defense is so solid, Chiefs game another example

And getting outplayed by Mac Jones the way Allen got outplayed by Mac Jones is an indictment of your defense not your offense

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's not inexplicable

Wilson will 'outplay' a couple good QBs because their defense is so solid, Chiefs game another example

And getting outplayed by Mac Jones the way Allen got outplayed by Mac Jones is an indictment of your defense not your offense

I don't think those two arguments are congruent. The NE defense is very bad.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That’s fair to a certain degree 

But I remember talking to you about him during the eagles game and you were roasting him off one bad pass lol.

The guy was the best player in the NFL that week.

That’s why I questioned you to where you have him ranked cause even when he’s elite (like on Sunday), you were still blasting him 

I think that bad pass was a critical play. The defense couldn't do a thing. A pick on our own 30 was basically an extra 7 points for the Iggles.

As bad as the defense was in that second half, I think the Bills win that game if Josh doesn't throw that pick tbh.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I think that bad pass was a critical play. The defense couldn't do a thing. A pick on our own 30 was basically an extra 7 points for the Iggles.

As bad as the defense was in that second half, I think the Bills win that game if Josh doesn't throw that pick tbh.

Mac Jones is worse

And no, a pick on your own 30 is not an automatic 7points for the other team

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's not inexplicable

Buffalo is 14-18 and KC is 30-15 when defenses score over 20 points since both QB’s first years.

What exactly do you want the defense to be held to? More than 20 and we lose. 

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure, we probably win the game if Josh doesn't throw the INT.  We also win the game if Bass didn't miss either one of the two field goals.  We also win the game if the OT pass was connected on ( I do not want to go into who is at fault, I don't care and that is discussed everywhere else.) We also win the game if Cook didn't drop a pass in the bucket for a sure TD.  We also win the game if the defense made a stop at the end instead of allowing Philly an easy march down the field to FG range.  Probably could change quite a few other plays that would give us a win too.  I'll even go so far to say that we might win the game if the refs called a fair game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Can we do last 3 years for everything's sake

Record when Bills allow 20+

7-3

3-4

6-3

1-6

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Sure, we probably win the game if Josh doesn't throw the INT.  We also win the game if Bass didn't miss either one of the two field goals.  We also win the game if the OT pass was connected on ( I do not want to go into who is at fault, I don't care and that is discussed everywhere else.) We also win the game if Cook didn't drop a pass in the bucket for a sure TD.  We also win the game if the defense made a stop at the end instead of allowing Philly an easy march down the field to FG range.  Probably could change quite a few other plays that would give us a win too.  I'll even go so far to say that we might win the game if the refs called a fair game.

Josh is paid $268M.

So what?  Does that mean he can't make a mistake and everyone else can?  I assure you that Mahomes makes mistakes too.  As does every other QB in the league.

It means that my expectations are higher for him to not throw a back-breaking pick than for Tyler Bass not getting a kick blocked.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So what?  Does that mean he can't make a mistake and everyone else can?  I assure you that Mahomes makes mistakes too.  As does every other QB in the league.

Ask him why Hurts is paid more and turned the ball over more in that game😂😂

Just now, FireChans said:

It means that my expectations are higher for him to not throw a back-breaking pick than for Tyler Bass not getting a kick blocked.

Allen is 9th highest paid QB

Bass is either 4th or 5th highest paid kicker

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.