24 Hour Later Thoughts... Even a DEEP Thought

corta765

The situational play calling was so much better... Jets took away Diggs and 50% drop man... but Shakir and Kincaid plus running game exposed Jests... what I was expecting... hopefully it can continue til teams have to adjust... hopefully new coordinator is able to recognize quickly adjustments and call plays accordingly.

• Agree 1

In terms of the designed runs, I still hate them and wince every time I see Josh take heavy contact. I agree with what Romo said, less designed runs but a hell of a lot more scrambling. If I'm Brady I tell Josh to scramble the ***** out of them. Be sensible and slide or go out of bounds but drive them crazy with it. I like the way Mahomes runs. He doesn't invite contact and is almost cocky about the way he'll pick up a first down and scamper out of bounds. that has to be so demoralizing for a defense.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

In terms of the designed runs, I still hate them and wince every time I see Josh take heavy contact. I agree with what Romo said, less designed runs but a hell of a lot more scrambling. If I'm Brady I tell Josh to scramble the ***** out of them. Be sensible and slide or go out of bounds but drive them crazy with it. I like the way Mahomes runs. He doesn't invite contact and is almost cocky about the way he'll pick up a first down and scamper out of bounds. that has to be so demoralizing for a defense.

At this point Josh is what he is and likes the contact. His only injuries though have been from the pocket so idk I don’t worry anymore

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I have ran through NFL playoff simulator enough that Texans and Browns probably are 10-11 wins. WC7 though PIT probably only gets to 9 wins and LAC that is about their max. Unless you really believe that the Colts can get to 10, because of the Bengals losing Burrow the margin line I think is back to 10 wins. But yea the tiebreakers are no bueno for Buffalo if you are stuck at 9 or tied at 10.

Denver will be a factor too, and they have a H2H against us now. I believe the Bengals, Pitt will fall out. So itll be down to the Texans, Denver, Browns and us for the 3 spots. Jax plays Houston/Cincy/cleveland over their next three. So we are all Jags fans now.

• Agree 1

The only thing that bugged me about this game was the end of the first half.  34 seconds or so left when we got the ball and we try to get in position to score?  The wind was bad at the end of the stadium we were moving toward, and the Jets aren't going to give up a big play.  Take a knee, go into halftime knowing we get the ball the start of the second half.  No idea why they felt the need to get points there.

Edited by Nuncha

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

3rd...I am going to guess Robert Foster against the Jags?  I think that was 75 yards if I remember correctly...the Jalen Ramsey "Trash" game.

Shakir's TD reminded me of Foster's, for some reason.  Foster's run after catch wasn't nearly as good, but he came to mind as soon as Shakir went up the right sideline. 

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The first longest is obviously Gabe Davis 98 yarder against the Steelers last year on their 1st series after the returner fumbled the opening kickoff.

3rd...I am going to guess Robert Foster against the Jags?  I think that was 75 yards if I remember correctly...the Jalen Ramsey "Trash" game.

People who say Von is being "rushed" back don't seem to get that it's a normal part of progression from the injury.  That's just how it works and why it takes around a year or so from the time they start playing again to get back to their old self.  That isn't rushing anyone back and it's not something wrong.  That's literally how it works for every player not named Adrian Peterson.  

If they would have let him play to start the season or to play after they activated him immediately from PUP, then maybe you had a case.  IF anything, they have done the opposite of rushing them back.  I suggest you understand how the process of a player returning from these type of injuries actually works.  They have to play thru it...there is no other way...you cannot simulate game reps in another manner.

He is also still wearing a brace that restricts movement and eliminates some of the more freakish things he can usually do.

Yeah, I had the same guesses, but was Foster's really that long? I can't remember. But I still don't know how Josh Allen got that pass off...

16 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have ran through NFL playoff simulator enough that Texans and Browns probably are 10-11 wins. WC7 though PIT probably only gets to 9 wins and LAC that is about their max. Unless you really believe that the Colts can get to 10, because of the Bengals losing Burrow the margin line I think is back to 10 wins. But yea the tiebreakers are no bueno for Buffalo if you are stuck at 9 or tied at 10.

In a situation where they are tied, it might be to their advantage to be tied with more than 1 team so Conference Record comes into play 3rd instead of 2nd in the tiebreaking procedures.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

In a situation where they are tied, it might be to their advantage to be tied with more than 1 team so Conference Record comes into play 3rd instead of 2nd in the tiebreaking procedures.

I believe that is actually what got them in the playoff in 2017 was the three way tiebreaker

11 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Did anyone notice that the top graded linebacker in the league in PFF is none other than Tyrel Dodson.....

I saw that and did a double take lol

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I had the same guesses, but was Foster's really that long? I can't remember. But I still don't know how Josh Allen got that pass off...

Yep he torched it for 75 yards and I jumped through a ceiling. Most intense non playoff game which mattered zilch in the standings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.