Inside the Charge: Fitz and Stevie Johnson reunite after 11 years(Bills video series)

Big Turk

This is pretty awesome...two of my favorite drought era players getting back together...almost a 30 minute clip...Stevie Johnson writes children's books now and his latest book featured Fitz(or a character based on Fitz).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

These guys are drought-era heroes, and will always be for fans of this team.

That might sound like tepid praise, but it isn't.  They brought such excitement at a time when most of the time watching this team was pretty rough, and boring.  I remember when Stevie took off & started making big plays, and all of the "Why so serious?" stuff w/ him. And of course Fitz will always be a legend for that upset of the Pats, and getting the team off to such a big start that season and giving us all more hope than we had in years.

Love seeing them together.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Definitely the best drought era guys, then you add in a prime Fred Jackson, and you wonder how they never managed to blow up the league.  To this day I still remember the three of them very fondly.

They didn’t blow up the league because lovable personality and overachieving marginal talent, needs to be your worst starters not your best. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They didn’t blow up the league because lovable personality and overachieving marginal talent, needs to be your worst starters not your best. 

Crazy thing is, Johnson used to give Darrell Revis fits where he would shut every other receiver down...Johnson was his Kryptonite and used to regularly be open against him. I wonder how good Johnson could have been if he had someone like Allen throwing him the ball.

Edited by Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Crazy thing is, Johnson used to give Darrell Revis fits where he would shut every other receiver down...Johnson was his Kryptonite and used to regularly be open against him. I wonder how good Johnson could have been if he had someone like Allen throwing him the ball.

I know it was funny. It was because Stevie ran routes like an idiot and just made it up as he went. It pissed off Revis so much… and Fitz’s brain worked so fast he could see it- throw it. 

that’s why when he got to San Fran, they were like wtf?  Never understood why they added him to a timing offense. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know it was funny. It was because Stevie ran routes like an idiot and just made it up as he went. It pissed off Revis so much… and Fitz’s brain worked so fast he could see it- throw it. 

that’s why when he got to San Fran, they were like wtf?  Never understood why they added him to a timing offense. 

Even crazier, dude went from playing in 5 games in 2009 and catching 2 balls for 10 yards the whole year to over 1000 yards and 10 TDs the next year.  We could use someone to break out like that on the Bills team currently next year. Shorter maybe??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.