Hot for social worker

\GoBillsInDallas/

Just now, T&C said:

This number is Low, lower than the qgtfl population. It's not widespread, you'll only hear about it when it happens. 

I don't doubt that the percentage of teachers doing this is extremely low, but the bolded above would seem to have to be inaccurate. I am sure that some offenders do this several times before getting caught, and that some others just get away with it.

It's the same with police officers. Some cops slip through the cracks and are criminals. I hate to say this but it is true. But, when a crooked cop gets caught, the public thinks that most, if not all cops do this and it just isn't true. That said, I suppose a few can slip through the cracks and get away with crimes, at least for a while. :( 

10 minutes ago, LeviF said:

No, it's not. Approximately 10% of K-12 students will be victims of sexual misconduct by a school employee by the time they graduate high school.

Based on what? Where did this number come from? Utah?

28 minutes ago, T&C said:

Based on what? Where did this number come from? Utah?

The US Department of Education.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna5332880

Note that while "misconduct" includes harassing comments and the like, roughly 2/3rds of those students reported misconduct that included sexual contact.

Edited by LeviF
  • Sad 1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:56 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

good for u.  my nephew had the same thing.. he's not good.  now girls from thiel at 19 with crabs...that's a different story.  we went to disney world the next day.  weird as hell....

People still get crabs?

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

People still get crabs?

Of course! Nothing like a good soft shell crab sandwich! But those Stone crabs are too pricey for me. 

Christmas Day a few years ago we took our college age kids to church, then the aquarium then found a restaurant that was open. A guy coming out was RAVING about the stone crabs so when the waiter announced the special was stone crabs my son went for it. It was about $30 so we assumed it was an entree sized portion of some type. The look on his face was PRICELESS when his plate came out with some garnish and a single crab claw. 😂 We then had to order him some food, as well. 

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

Of course! Nothing like a good soft shell crab sandwich! But those Stone crabs are too pricey for me. 

Christmas Day a few years ago we took our college age kids to church, then the aquarium then found a restaurant that was open. A guy coming out was RAVING about the stone crabs so when the waiter announced the special was stone crabs my son went for it. It was about $30 so we assumed it was an entree sized portion of some type. The look on his face was PRICELESS when his plate came out with some garnish and a single crab claw. 😂 We then had to order him some food, as well. 

I remember having stone crabs as a early teenager in Miami.  Never had them until about 10 years ago.  Completely overrated.

• Agree 1

On 11/2/2023 at 10:51 AM, LeviF said:

It's entirely situation-dependent. But the fact is the circumstances are typically not favorable for proper adjustment after the fact for the child involved, seeing as the offender involved often selects for those exact circumstances (absent parents, unstable home life, few friends and confidants, etc.) in their victims.

Essentially, Max said "rule," and you said "not buying it, exception!" There's plenty of stats out there regarding sexual victimization in childhood and the effects it has on victims as adults. You know better (and have demonstrated a high enough intellect) than to suggest that one lived experience can refute a generalization, as you absolutely did above. 

I guess it was more a case of a poorly worded, incomplete thought than trying to suggest that one experience speaks for all others.

I just think that in a lot of these cases that involve a younger male and an older female that there is not really what I would fairly consider a "victim".

Female victim? Absolutely a problem. Double standard? Yep, and I have no problem with that.

I just see the backlash as oftentimes more cultural than it is criminal.

And I'd guess there are actually a fair number of instances where the young fellow didn't feel badly about the experience at all, but then was convinced by external forces that he was actually victimized and as a result made to feel bad about something that he shouldn't necessarily feel all that bad about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.